Replies: 11134 (Who?), Viewed: 515852 times.
Page 446 of 446
Mad Poster
#11126 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 11:04 AM
Well yeah, but I understand 'stable' as a word that breaking, corrupting, unable to handle more power, overflow etc. TS1 is just limited (is the word I would use when it comes to simulation and customization.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#11127 Old Yesterday at 8:15 PM
There was a Maxis stream just now.
For a question "Will there be werewolves, fairies, and zombies in The Sims 4?" they said "Maybe"
They didn't confirm anything but sounds like they might be working on some new occult stuff. Why even mention it otherwise?
But then they said "stay tuned for a relaxing refresh of one of our existing game packs"

What the heck does that mean?
Lab Assistant
#11128 Old Yesterday at 8:44 PM
SneakyWingPhoenix I don't know, for me the sims 1 are separate. I consider them outside the rest of 3d games that are basically a kind of version of the sims 2.
(Although that does not mean that does not respect them. I hated Get Famous precisely because I expected something as good as Superstar and didn't get it)
Lab Assistant
#11129 Old Yesterday at 9:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexylu
For a question "Will there be werewolves, fairies, and zombies in The Sims 4?" they said "Maybe"
They didn't confirm anything but sounds like they might be working on some new occult stuff. Why even mention it otherwise?
But then they said "stay tuned for a relaxing refresh of one of our existing game packs"

The means they absolutely have no plan.

Taiwan Soul!
Test Subject
#11130 Old Yesterday at 10:34 PM
Maybe if they did packs and families/lore etc. well/correctly the first time, they wouldn’t need to go back and fix them.
Field Researcher
#11131 Old Yesterday at 10:35 PM
"Relaxing refresh" sounds like "Spa Day". What the hell would you update on that? IT would've been nicer to be Dine out (desperately needed) or Parenthood.
Forum Resident
#11132 Old Yesterday at 10:48 PM Last edited by parrot999 : Yesterday at 11:09 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokisims
SneakyWingPhoenix I don't know, for me the sims 1 are separate. I consider them outside the rest of 3d games that are basically a kind of version of the sims 2.
(Although that does not mean that does not respect them. I hated Get Famous precisely because I expected something as good as Superstar and didn't get it)

Funnily I consider not just 1 but also 2 as seperate...

Cuz they actually were games with actual vision and heart behind them. 3 and 4 wish their devs had that level of passion, heart. and creativity, rather than being just recycling! lol

For the record, I firmly think Apartment Life was the last truly great creative EP ever to come out of The Sims' series, (though just barely. I initially thought Seasons, but then remembered how new and different Apartmnets really were even if the magic system is half assed), with the exception of a few creative highs like World Adventures, Ambitions, Island Paradise, the rest has been completely bereft of any creativity at all, either copying from itself or other media pretty much exclusively. Just recycling everything over and over... You wouldn't see anything new like the cowplant, or 1950's appliance styled magic tools, or the renuyosenso orb and grilled cheese aspiration... The growable meat wall is the closest you'll get, but you can tell that was more of a pragmatic decision than a creative one.
Instructor
#11133 Old Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dockamorpher
Maybe if they did packs and families/lore etc. well/correctly the first time, they wouldn’t need to go back and fix them.

They might be able to improve them or add to them if the pack was made with only the 32bit limit at the time that pack came out, so packs before University I expect, or even the Base game.
Field Researcher
#11134 Old Today at 1:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexylu

That they are patching something inexpensive (probably recycled) into an existing game pack so they can run new ads
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11135 Old Today at 2:31 PM
Spa Day serves it purpose. All they should add is more things for Sims to do autonomously on the lot (onsen, hot tub, etc.).

What desperately needs an update is Dine Out. I feel like all I do as a player is talking to Sims. Talk to them to promote them. Talk to them to give them free meals. Talk to them to get better reviews. I don't feel like I'm interacting with anything in the business.

I can't seat guests for optimal service.
I can't directly cook or control the meals.
I can't hire or pay for competent staff, or active Sims.
I can't run a family business.

What can I do with my business, Maxis?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Page 446 of 446