Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 7:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Installing SimPE in 2020
Is the version of SimPE that I want to install: SimPe_075f_qa.7z

I have all expansion & stuff packs, including AL & MG (Fun with Pets).

I apologize if this seems obvious to others, but in searching posts I cannot find a clear answer as they reference previous versions, and then there are additional files that need to be downloaded.
Thank you.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 7:48 PM
Click this SimPE link, and it'll take you to an information page with the various versions and useful info.

Or this link, if the SimPE autolink doesn't want to cooperate:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=630456

If you need GUIDs (for various projects), there's a temporary database and info on how to make single GUIDs and GUID blocks here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=638392
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 8:30 PM
So what I think I understand from the information about SimPE is:

I want this version: SimPE 0.73.44-QA
But I need to patch it with the SimPE patch for MG
Can anyone confirm I understood this correctly.

Second: what is a GUID and do I need them in order to use SimPE?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 8:46 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 1st Oct 2020 at 10:50 AM.
If you have CD versions:
- 0.73.44-QA - should work for M&G with discs, I don't think you have to patch it (I didn't have to - I had this one with the CD version)

If you have the UC:
- SimPE 0.75f-QA - This one should work, may have a few bugs here and there. I use this one for the UC, rarely get any bugs, but mostly make CC and do very little editing in neighborhoods.

Both (?)
- SimPE 0.75.68 AND 69 - CH's versions, not sure which one works best. They most likely work for both the UC and discs (should think so). As far as I know, they work with his extended A&N/T&A packs, too. I think 68 is for UC/M&G along with CH's A&N, and 69 is for CH's T&A.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 9:19 PM
I have now downloaded and unzipped 0.73.44-QA

What now? I am really overwhelmed by how much information I can find without being able to really understand the steps I need to take.

It says I need Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0, so I downloaded it (well 3.5 which includes 2.0).
But nothing happens when I click on that, so I downloaded the windows installer that it recommended needing - but apparently I don't have enough memory (I have Windows 10, so I suspect it has more to do with that).

Please help.
Scholar
#6 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 2:08 AM
I doubt you need to add .Net Framework to Win 10, it should already have a higher version (I don't know for sure as I don't use Win 10 but Win 7 does)
SimPe_075f_qa.7z is good to update an existing version but it has several components missing which does cause problems in a fresh installation. The main purpose of that version was to update sims.guid.dll to properly enable getting a new set of GUIDs from the database but the database no longer exists so that part is irrelevant now.
Don't use 0.75.69 unless you have T&A, 0.75.68 is exactly the same but doesn't allow T&A to display in the EP/SP list and omits the sexy images and icons that 0.75.69 has.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 10:54 AM
Pretty sure I didn't need to install the Net Framework (or anything else extra, except for the DDS utilities) when I installed SimPE on Win10. I don't think I installed it with Win7 either, but it's so long ago I can't remember clearly.