Replies: 3598 (Who?), Viewed: 218288 times.
Page 144 of 144
Forum Resident
#3576 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 7:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
With all of the things happening around the UK lately, I would think you have better things to concern yourself with other than whether a person posts a typo of "y" instead of "ie", but to answer your question, yes, that is what I meant.  Getting after a guru who injects God into tweets when it isn't appropriate which it never is especially coming from EA, and treating a 'y' the same way is a bit over the top IMO.

If you really need something to do, you could teach the masses the difference between the words "lose" and "loose".  People don't loose a baseball game unless they are referring to all team members have diarrhea or something.  Then there is the lack of commas, paragraphs, capitalization and the morons that think people actually read crap that is posted in all caps.

I'm glad we had this TED talk.

What on earth are you writing about? I do expect we in the uk haven't heard that expression before and might so a search for it though.
I am finding the US TV more interesting at the moment though as your problems are much greater than ours and will affect the whole world. Our leaders keep us up to date every day here so we are just getting on with things in the same boring way.

Keep safe!
dodgy builder
#3577 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 3:45 AM
Finally something I can say 100% I'm not going to buy, not even for the furniture.
Forum Resident
#3578 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 4:43 AM
I just buy it too keep the collection full in case i did decide too play it
Lab Assistant
#3579 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 7:54 AM
I think about how funny it is that I collected every pack (stuff and expansions) of Sims 1, Sims 2 and Sims 3 - but I am - intentionally I might add - missing 3 packs of Sims 4 to date. What has my world come to.
Smeg Head
#3580 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 8:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dikosay
I think about how funny it is that I collected every pack (stuff and expansions) of Sims 1, Sims 2 and Sims 3 - but I am - intentionally I might add - missing 3 packs of Sims 4 to date. What has my world come to.

If I didn't know any better, I would have thought I wrote this myself! Though I stopped at Uni, so I think that''s a record four (and growing) number for me. I have to say though it is not just the lackluster effort, the shallow, tired, regurgitated game play and the endless onslaught of clumsy patching with an incredulously unbelievable amount of (otherwise avoidable) breakages due to said patches, no, all that alone did not stop my religious purchasing. The final straw for that aching camel's back was when they announced a reality tv show, giving 100k to a winning Game Changer who can cry the most about the sims on Youtube. Snap, that camel is now dead and its corpse lying squarely beside that dead horse they continue to flog. And I will not be giving them another penny of mine for them to do the same again until they apologies to the greater sims community for making such a farce of a once beloved franchise and mocking the intelligence of a once large proportion of fans who had to bare witness to this mindless yet willful dumbing-down of the franchise. Hell freezes over, right?

But yeah, other than that, I'm exactly like you.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Field Researcher
#3581 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 8:59 AM
Bonehilda was copied straight out of jungle adventures.
Field Researcher
#3582 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 9:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolspear1
If I didn't know any better, I would have thought I wrote this myself! Though I stopped at Uni, so I think that''s a record four (and growing) number for me.

This statement just led me to the discovery that you retired from modding! I had no idea you left! I more than understand why you chose to, but I just want you to know how thankful I am for all that you created.

You have my earnest admiration for how long you stuck it out. I'm a mod author for Skyrim, and the pressure has been building for me to release an update for one of my mods in a timely fashion. I swear I got into it for the fun challenge it provided and the pleasure of sharing my efforts with others, but the modding community is so different on the Nexus. It's like some sort of elite club that I grow more and more disenchanted with by the hour.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Smeg Head
#3583 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 9:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake_mccarty

So much so you'll probably smell the musk and funk of the jungle on her when she is summoned. "I don't have a coffin, you say? The jungle IS my coffin."

The real test will come when this Ghostbuster wannabe pack is released and Origin accidentally-on-purpose put in a message that you need to have Jungle Adventures installed before purchasing. If it worked for Batuu and My First Pet???

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
#3584 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolspear1
So much so you'll probably smell the musk and funk of the jungle on her when she is summoned. "I don't have a coffin, you say? The jungle IS my coffin."

The real test will come when this Ghostbuster wannabe pack is released and Origin accidentally-on-purpose put in a message that you need to have Jungle Adventures installed before purchasing. If it worked for Batuu and My First Pet???

EA loves things that smell, unless of course it is Disney blowing a fart in their direction.

Quote:
Ubisoft to Make Star Wars Game, Marking End to EA Exclusivity

Ubisoft Entertainment SA said it will develop a new Star Wars game, indicating a longtime exclusivity agreement for Electronic Arts Inc. on the Walt Disney Co. franchise will come to an end.

The new Star Wars title is set to be the first not published by EA since Disney acquired Lucasfilm in 2012. The news sent shares of the two game companies diverging Wednesday. Ubisoft climbed more than 7%, and EA fell as much 3.2%.

The agreement with EA is scheduled to expire in 2023. In an emailed statement, EA said: “We’re proud of our long-standing collaboration with Lucasfilm Games, which will continue for years to come.” Lucasfilm said in a blog post Wednesday morning that it had “a number of projects underway” with EA. A representative for Ubisoft didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-ea-exclusivity

In no way, shape or form should this post be viewed as somehow I'm team Disney. They can rot somewhere just as much as EA, I just find the whole thing hilarious.  EA worked so hard to shill for Disney by adding a ad disguised as a TS4 pack to TS4 and Disney flipped EA the bird anyway.  I guess Journey to Bamboo didn't do so well.

I wonder when Yibs will report this story?  Oh wait, they won't.  EA paid them money for all the so-called 'honest reviews'. I wonder if EA is now regretting that 'investment'....
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3585 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 2:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake_mccarty

The Skeleton Assistant was supposed to be a replacement for Bonehilda but fans didn’t think it was enough. I didn’t care. I still think her being summoned instead of needing a coffin is fine.

What I actually don’t like about the pack is needing to talk to an NPC to be a Paranormal Investigator. Just add it to the career menu.

I hate the whole career system. I knew it was crap when they added Writing, Painting, and Secret Agent, and Astronaut, and before Military, Science, Athletic, Medicine, and Business.

You know... an umbrella career... with different tiered jobs in them... so you could be an astronaut... in the military career... because being an astronaut takes time...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
One Minute Ninja'd
#3586 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 2:30 PM
I wonder how much stuff gets messed up for this patch.
Field Researcher
#3587 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 4:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
The Skeleton Assistant was supposed to be a replacement for Bonehilda but fans didn’t think it was enough. I didn’t care. I still think her being summoned instead of needing a coffin is fine.

What I actually don’t like about the pack is needing to talk to an NPC to be a Paranormal Investigator. Just add it to the career menu.

I hate the whole career system. I knew it was crap when they added Writing, Painting, and Secret Agent, and Astronaut, and before Military, Science, Athletic, Medicine, and Business.

You know... an umbrella career... with different tiered jobs in them... so you could be an astronaut... in the military career... because being an astronaut takes time...

All I’m saying is bonehilda is a pretty blatant copy-paste of JA skeletons. Different outfit, big whoop. The rest is exactly the same.

Sims 4 has dumb careers I’ll agree. Ghost hunter is coming in a stuff pack so it’s likely to be super lame whether it’s in the career menu or not. Restricting it out of the career menu is probably a conscious design choice to extend a short experience with no replay value.
Scholar
#3588 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 10:30 PM
Honestly I don't mind how you get the career, I think it sounds pretty cool that you have to talk to a ghost to get it. I never played with bonehilda so I'm not sure I care either way, but I guess a coffin would have been cool, but to me the seance table makes sense in a way. I dunno.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
#3589 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 5:12 PM
Bonehilda doesn’t necessarily need her coffin, but she does absolutely need her idles:
-.-- -.-- --..
retired moderator
#3590 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 7:26 PM
Fixed the link for @jje1000
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3591 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalar
Honestly I don't mind how you get the career, I think it sounds pretty cool that you have to talk to a ghost to get it. I never played with bonehilda so I'm not sure I care either way, but I guess a coffin would have been cool, but to me the seance table makes sense in a way. I dunno.

Because ghosts are summoned with seances, not skeletons. Skeletons, naturally, are in coffins.

Sure, it’s different but it’s a lazy copy-paste with a CAS asset.

Scholar
#3592 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 5:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
Because ghosts are summoned with seances, not skeletons. Skeletons, naturally, are in coffins.

Sure, it’s different but it’s a lazy copy-paste with a CAS asset.

Yeah it would make sense if you did the summoning with the table but the skeletons lived in the coffin and came out of it.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
#3593 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 12:34 AM
At first, I thought why people are making a big deal of bonehilda not move-able in. Than it came to me this could mean she would only stay on the lot for 5 sec before leaving/disappearing.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#3594 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 8:30 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 21st Jan 2021 at 4:36 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
At first, I thought why people are making a big deal of bonehilda not move-able in. Than it came to me this could mean she would only stay on the lot for 5 sec before leaving/disappearing.

Second thing is that she no longer is really part of the family (lacking a permanent physical presence) and instead is just another transient NPC.
Top Secret Researcher
#3595 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 6:56 PM
Sims 3 Bonehilda was useful because she was a maid/repairman who didn't take up a household player character slot, Compared to a plumbot who took up a slot and but could be equipped to not just clean and repair, but can also be a nanny and gardener as well. Best Bonehilda could do is get in the way of the crib.
Sims 4 you can hire a butler, which is fine.

Sims are better than us.
Theorist
#3596 Old Yesterday at 6:33 AM
Bonehilda loved the kids in my game. And one worked the potion shop and made potions there.

Mad Poster
#3597 Old Today at 1:41 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : Today at 1:56 AM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4BVcNhCrn4

Watching Carl's Guide and when he starts off explaining what a haunted lot is, I express the "go figure!" cuz it's limited to just single residential lot type. Then again, I shouldn't expect anything with the way of lot traits are programmed to what extent to behave.

Also, I have dig up the meme I posted or cited about "me vs the guy she tells me not to worry about" as I was making fun of the obsolete lot trait that came with CL that does a much shitter job in contrast and probz won't get a single feature with this pack. I feel like the same applies to the BG shipped ghost, cause appearantly they can't scare the life with this scured emution. From the looks idk, the pack's mechanic gives me "the novelty that will wear off", but hey - I could be grown, since I grown to like the base game despite having skeptisim I'll ever touch the game again.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#3598 Old Today at 2:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

Plumbella has confirmed Bonehilda doesn’t stick around that long.
I agree that I think she’s a Jungle Adventure Skeleton in a dress.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3599 Old Today at 3:11 AM
I liked most of the lots the community made for Snowy Escape. I'm not the biggest fan of the lot in this pack. It looks like something that's supposed to be from the French Quarter in new New Orleans, but It's not coming together for me 100%.

Like, the shape and exterior colors are nice, but the windows don't match, the stairs are weirdly placed at the back of the house, leaving an empty room in back. It's like it's 90% there and needs a slight push.

Page 144 of 144