Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 4:29 PM
Default Playing The Sims 2 after installing it with CD without the risk?
I would like to know if there is any NON-ORIGIN means to be able to boot up the sims 2 after installing it with CD without the disk? Cause I have a fear disk 1 may get scratched, and already had a lot of hassle with the CD rom driver just to get TS2 to launch. Any insight, information and instructions would be appreciated

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 4:35 PM
When I installed with the disks and did not want it to be scratched, years ago, I was looking for "cracks" of the last expansion or installed pack. Basically the package logo that appears on the loading screen.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 4:45 PM
You need a No-CD crack. That used to be a banned topic on here but I'm not sure whether it is now that the game is unsupported?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 4:56 PM
I'm not sure if it would work, but have you tried Sims2RPC? It's a custom launcher for the game, so I wonder if it would bypass the disk requirement
Forum Resident
#5 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
You need a No-CD crack. That used to be a banned topic on here but I'm not sure whether it is now that the game is unsupported?

that's why I have put it, if it is still forbidden I do not mind deleting my message, many people have all the games bought as a relic but they do not have a floppy drive or origin.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moveobjects
I'm not sure if it would work, but have you tried Sims2RPC? It's a custom launcher for the game, so I wonder if it would bypass the disk requirement

I haven't, but if anyone is able to verify if it it does indeed, I'm willing to try it out.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq

I mean, there's now literally a no-CD crack hosted on MTS, so...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn

Link please?

Mad Poster
#9 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 12:38 AM
Mad Poster
#10 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 3:59 PM
Ha, I'm out of date, I had no idea!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
#11 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn

lol