Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 6:47 AM
Default New to CC; Nothing I try works
Hey all.

So I'm new to the world of Custom Content and tried downloading some. I was really excited by it but I can't seem to get it to show up in my game. I have been through two pages of CC related help posts, and have tried the following: repairing my game, making sure I am an admin and have read/write permission of the files, deleting localthumbcache.package, removing the mods and re-adding them, moving the whole EA file to my desktop (I currently have it on an external hard drive), restarting my computer, and restarting Origin.

Also my mods and script mods are enabled in Game Options, and I didn't have a Resource.cfg file in my mods folder, and none would generate when I played the game, so I made one by creating a plain text document. I have a career script mod and a clothing .package file that I've been using to test this out and both are up to date with my game. Everything is unzipped, and nothing is in a subfolder. Also, I'm playing on Mac if that helps at all.

Thank you so much for your help!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 12:15 PM
You don't say which pages you've been through. Is it these?
http://ww2.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Custom_Content
"Installing Package Files & Game Mods" and "TS4 Custom Content Basics" in particular - you'll most likely want info for "OS X", and Macs do have a different file system than Windows PCs so make sure you're looking in the right place)

- Most of the downloads should go in the Mods folder in Documents (or whatever this location is called on a Mac) - NOT in the install files!
- Make sure to unzip arhives. Most of the files should be ".package" files. There are a few exceptions, though.
-Also keep in mind that the frequent updates to TS4 have been known to break CC, sometimes to the point where it no longer works.
-You will need to make sure you have any expansions required (EP/GP/SP), or the item won't show.
-Some objects are hard to find ingame. Try searching for key words with the search bar ingame.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 6:50 PM
Thank you! Your response helped me figure some things out and it works now!