Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 9:08 PM Last edited by SolxXx : 23rd Jan 2020 at 7:30 AM.
Tiny houses installed....chubby Sims?
Hello. So I have been playing since years with the same Sims, I have the no fat/muscle mod so my Sims always stay just the way they were created. I installed Tiny Houses today (along with the patch EA released) and suddenly several of my Sims are much chubbier and broader? Their shoulders (and several other body parts) changed to broad, while the fat/muscle slider in CAS is still at lowest so it's a slider issue.

I REALLY don't want to fix all my Sims manually. I made a backup of my saves before launching the updated game.

Does anyone else experience this? And how to fix this?

Sim before
https://i.imgur.com/BX68oGD.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iyTypHd.jpg

Sim now
https://i.imgur.com/3fH9N1s.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7sQMtEi.jpg

Also this happens with every save I load so it can't be from swimming or anything. In the save file preview of the family I see my Sim with skinny shoulders, but once I load the save boom broad shoulders. Lower arms, butt, belly and other parts are also affected, but it's most visible with the shoulders.
Problem of broad/chubby Sims also persists with all mods removed (and loading older saves), so it's not a mod conflict.

I also tested getting the original Sim from Tray, and placing them on a lot, when I do that they are as skinny as when I created them. So something happened to Sims that were in-game already only, but in that case, why doesn't loading older saves make a difference?

Edit: So I spent a lot of time fixing my Sims and making their bodies how they were before....I restart the game and they are chubby again?! What is this?
Basically, my edits to the Sims don't get saved, they revert to whatever after I restart. I have a different Sim I WANTED to be chubby, and after the restart he was skinny but with broad shoulders.
Edit 2: Just realized that merely leaving the household and going to worlds will reset the sliders.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 1:35 PM
Do you still have the mod in your game? Take it out, and ask the creator for an update, or find a compatible one instead.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Do you still have the mod in your game? Take it out, and ask the creator for an update, or find a compatible one instead.

What mod? I don't know what mod is causing this. It also occured without any mods in the game. I already repaired the game, but the issue persists.

I feel like I'm the only one having this problem, apparently no one knows what could be causing it.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SolxXx
What mod? I don't know what mod is causing this. It also occured without any mods in the game. I already repaired the game, but the issue persists.

I feel like I'm the only one having this problem, apparently no one knows what could be causing it.

I didn't look at the pictures last time. Perhaps I should.

You may be offended now, but the after pictures looks just a tad bit more healthy. Other than that they are very much the same
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 12:20 AM Last edited by SolxXx : 1st Feb 2020 at 1:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I didn't look at the pictures last time. Perhaps I should.

You may be offended now, but the after pictures looks just a tad bit more healthy. Other than that they are very much the same

Good you think they look "healthy". But I want my Sims the way I created them, without them ALWAYS reverting back to something I don't want. As I've said, it also happens to chubby Sims that always revert back to skinny (I do NOT mean the fatness/muscles, I mean the sliders for body parts. This is NOT from eating/working out). It's not about HOW the Sims look, it's about the game reverting my choices by itself. The game should never touch the body sliders, even if Sims gain/lose fat/muscles.

Quote: Originally posted by Chax
She's gotten some sick curves man, she been working out ?

"while the fat/muscle slider in CAS is still at lowest so it's a slider issue." "Also this happens with every save I load so it can't be from swimming or anything."

I wish people would actually read my original post before replying.