Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 9:03 AM
hmm... i read the instructions so many times - still isnt working for me (argh) any help

Is Trull. Is good.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 12:57 AM Last edited by taylorlambert : 21st Mar 2007 at 1:03 AM. Reason: Had to add something.
Where is program files?!?!?
And the lot catolog!?!?!!?!!?

"MARIOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"- Princess Peach
Instructor
#103 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 2:40 PM
Say The truth
ok I finally maid my desicion of decoration...
thanks Vashti for the wonderful tutorial
I had a black "shadow" thing behind the couch I dont know what it is it... but anyways Here is my CAS screen tell me the truth:D! :
Part-time Hermit
#104 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 5:00 PM
Not sure because I can't see the whole thing, but if it is a custom couch, it might be that the shadow from the original couch, that doesn't match the new one, is showing, if the creator didn't edit or remove it.
Test Subject
#105 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 11:09 PM
great tutorial! but i didn't knew that Seasons made my sims get "freezed", and so i got that error.... but the interesting part of it is that when i create a pet (i have all EPs and SPs), another one that I didnt created shows up next to it on that background where the family stands. That was so interesting and i would be curious to find out why... but the CAS was great, whatsoever. Thx!
Instructor
#106 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jpomsims
great tutorial! but i didn't knew that Seasons made my sims get "freezed", and so i got that error.... but the interesting part of it is that when i create a pet (i have all EPs and SPs), another one that I didnt created shows up next to it on that background where the family stands. That was so interesting and i would be curious to find out why... but the CAS was great, whatsoever. Thx!

If you're really lucky, you might get a werewolf. XD This is caused by strays wandering into the lot. So far the worst documented effects it's had, AFAIK, is annoying the cameraman and temporarily trashing pieces of CAS furniture, but there's been speculation among the mod gods that it could mess up your neighborhood files. Fencing off the CAS lot seems to reduce (but not completely eliminate) the strays.
Test Subject
#107 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 6:03 PM
a werewolf?! great! thx for the explanation now i now why.
Test Subject
#108 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 5:09 PM
Question About Custom Pictures
Hi! This tutorial has been WAY helpful to me, but I have a question...I do have Seasons, and I used the BaseGameStarter, and everything worked except that I can't get wall hangings that I've recolored to show up when I'm making my custom CAS screen.....any suggestions?

~Thank you to all those who create and share custom content. I really appreciate it.~

~~PryncessG

<That's Princess Talledega in the picture. She's my baby~dog!
Banned
#109 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 7:38 PM
I made one.... I've attached a PIX of it
Screenshots
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#110 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 9:39 PM
PryncessG,

did you recolor base game wall hangings? Did you copy your recolors into your base game folder? Did you try installing CEP into your base game folder?

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#111 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 11:05 PM
I did recolor base game wall hangings, and I think the recolors are in the BG folder, but I haven't tried putting CEP in there...I'll give it a shot.....Thanks!!

~Thank you to all those who create and share custom content. I really appreciate it.~

~~PryncessG

Test Subject
#112 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 3:05 AM Last edited by jo95 : 6th Apr 2007 at 7:37 AM.
Problem ~ Big Problem
Hey great tutorial,

But whenever I go into make a family it comes up blue. Nothings there! I can make my family and all though!

Can some1 help me!
Test Subject
#113 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 5:17 AM
Ok, I tried putting the recolored pics/wall hangings and installing the CEP in the BG folder, and in the GLS folder (I have the BGS through Glamour Life), and I'm still not getting my recolors to show up....funny thing is, I'm getting other peoples custom mesh wall hangings and their recolors that I've DL'd from here.....I guess I'll have to live without Good Charlotte and AFI watching my sims being built, LOL.....But thank you so much for helping, and my CAS turned out nice anyway!!

~~PryncessG

Part-time Hermit
#114 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 6:36 AM
If you installed the CEP manually, did you follow the instructions from the CEP thread?

That custom objects with their recolors show up says nothing about CEP, as CEP is not needed for cloned objects to work, only recolors of Maxis objects .
Test Subject
#115 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 10:41 AM
Cool tute,you are the queen of tutes 2 questions, will it override CAS in the neighborhood and how do you write a tutorial?
Part-time Hermit
#116 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 11:01 AM
Quote:
how do you write a tutorial?

You already asked this question in another thread, and it has been answered
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 9:56 PM
Default Podium lighting
Hey, does anyone know how to add more light to the CAS podium when it's outside? It's always so dark no matter what position I rotate the podium. I also tried adding a lot of lighting beside the podium when outside but it is still dark..

THanks
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 2:47 AM
This is a very easy tutorial to follow! I did notice some very strange things the first couple of times I used my new CAS screen. Okay, right off the bat my female sim did the strangest thing. You know how in Seasons when they stay outside in the cold, without the right clothing, and they get too cold, freeze and fall to the ground? Well, my female sim did that right there in the CAS screen! Then she stayed that way, even over in the other room! Then, the strangest thing happened. I started over, with a new sim. This time, no one got cold but all of a sudden, my sim had a dog's head, but not just any dogs head, no! She had a flat, sideways dog head. Her face was completely gone! So I tried saving her and returning to the other room...then the game crashed!

So, I think lesson learned is something just isn't sitting right with my new CAS screen. Perhaps it's the fact that I used the 45 degree angle cheat or the snapobjects to grid cheat...or even that I used custom things in my CAS screen. Nevertheless, I am certainly going to start over again using the orginal CAS on my DVD. I did save over the one in my Global Folder, because my downloads folder is huge and the only way I can use body shop is by taking everthing out of my downloads folder...but that's a story for another day.

Wish me luck!!!

Chelle
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 2:54 AM
Oh geez, now I feel silly. I swear I read this entire thing. I guess I missed the part where it says if you have seasons! Now I know why my sims were freezing to death and ending up with squished dog heads. Starting over now!
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 8:45 PM
Default My CAS Screen
Hi this is my latest CAS screen Take a look..

https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/images8/MTS2_509842_wolfmage64_CAS.jpg]IN-Home CAS

WM64
Test Subject
#121 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 3:12 PM
Hi, Thanks for the Tut, I followed everything and used the BaseGame starter because I have seasons but now I have the weirdest thing happening, none of the objects inside show up, the wall paper I put up shows up, the swing set outside under the tree shows but nothing else, no chair no dresser nothing, and i tried making several with different objects and walls and nothing, has this happened to anyone else and what did you do to fix it?

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Test Subject
#122 Old 9th May 2007 at 9:31 PM
haha thanks! i did this awhile back and made my own.. then my game broke but im actually going to the stor in a little while and buying the deluxe version!
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 9th May 2007 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BellaReina97
Hi, Thanks for the Tut, I followed everything and used the BaseGame starter because I have seasons but now I have the weirdest thing happening, none of the objects inside show up, the wall paper I put up shows up, the swing set outside under the tree shows but nothing else, no chair no dresser nothing, and i tried making several with different objects and walls and nothing, has this happened to anyone else and what did you do to fix it?

Yes, I had this problem, make sure you go to video settings in your neighbourhood and turn OFF object hiding.

Here's my link for further info & scroll to middle of page:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=230908

WM64

LOTR Sauron: "Time??, What time do you think we have?"
Test Subject
#124 Old 30th May 2007 at 9:11 PM
What a great tutorial! I can't wait to start making my own CAS screen.

However, I have a question. I have expansion packs University, Open for Business, Seasons, and Nightlife and they were installed in that order. So therefore, Nightlife would be my most recent expansion pack. But the problem is that whenever I start my normal game I have to start it with Seasons instead, so should I use the Seasons folder or the Nightlife folder?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#125 Old 31st May 2007 at 6:50 AM
Weirdgeirl, the seasons folder, except that you can't. Your sims will freeze in CAS. Read the note about Seasons.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Page 5 of 11