Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#151 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 4:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iriv2UeSu60
look self if you dont belive me!
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#152 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 9:44 PM
juliebug6120 -- it's .package (look at the screenshots)

danieeel - you cannot create your new cas with seasons, you must use the base game starter and make it without seasons

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#153 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 1:30 AM
Look At Mine....
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say Thank you so so much Vashti, and wanted to show you what I did with my CAS screens.

Awesome tute too, easy to understand, ta!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#154 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 1:56 AM
Look At This One too....
I did my YACAS screens using this tutorial too.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#155 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 3:59 PM Last edited by zellsbells : 1st Sep 2007 at 1:18 PM.
I've been having a problem getting mine to load as a CAS screen, but I didn't follow all the intructions 100% accurately, so I'm not complaining.

I was wondering if there is a workaround for Seasons that does not include the base game starter program. Has anyone tried:

a) adding a roof to the house... or would that keep the sim from being placed properly? If lighting is an issue, could you use a greenhouse roof or a custom floor tile that is transparent/translucent?

b) Create the new neighborhood and change winter to spring or summer? Or does the CAS automatically pick up the season from the other community lots in town, no matter what town you are in?
There would be the problem of rain, but it seems like there would be a lower chance of freezing/overheating.

__
Edit
This didn't work! oops.
However when I re-followed the instructions, the CAS worked fine for me. Thanks for the great tutorial!
Field Researcher
#156 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 1:30 AM
LMAO... I read the instructions very carefully and followed them with one exception, fully expecting to accept the consequences... I have Seasons and didn't use the basegame starter... I've read all the frustrated posts in here, and not to laugh at anyone else's frustrations, I've been LMAO watching my Simmies drop like flies. Now, I'm going back and do it correctly. Thanks for the tutorial. It is very well done and VERY easy to follow.

~*~*~*~ Proud supporter of MTS2 ~*~*~*~
Test Subject
#157 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 12:19 PM
before I start this I was just wonderin, will making a custom cas make u lose the defualt CAS? Just wanted to know before I make too many changes. Thanks <3
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#158 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 12:30 PM
Fall_Out_Boy_Rocks - Not permanently, no. You will have your custom CAS in when you have the CAS!.package in your Downloads folder. If/when you take that file out, you'll get back the original, or can then choose a different CAS screen to use. It's just a temporary override, not a permanent overwrite.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#159 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 11:28 AM
Banned
#160 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
You can hide parts of the CAS using this from windkeeper: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=162363
cant you just use moveobjects on? another thing, all i have in my tsdata folder is sys(i have all expansions and stuff paks up to bon voyage)
can somebody help me???
Banned
#161 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Judfer
You can get it off your game CD.

Look here: MyComputer/ Devices With Removable Storage/Sims2EP3_1(D: )/Compressed.zip and then inside go to: TSData/Res/GlobalLots/CAS! and YACAS!

On your computer you should go to MyComputer/Hard Disk Drives/Local Drive (C: )/Program Files/EAGames/The Sims 2 Open for Business/TSData/Res/Global Lots/CAS! and YCAS!

It has to be there, otherwise you would not be able to open CAS in your game.

Try it.
i have tried this aswell, all i have in my disc's tsdata folder is a folder named control, in there a program named control0. what is wrong with my game!!!??
Banned
#162 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 4:24 AM
nevermind i found it, turns out i was looking in my documents not C drive
Field Researcher
#163 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 4:04 AM Last edited by poundingheart : 15th Oct 2007 at 12:32 PM. Reason: cos
silly question time. I am trying to do my cas screen and yes one must not use seasons's. lol. I am going to try what windkeeper suggested and place my cas screen directly into my downloads folder as I am having no luck. I am using the basegame starter up to OFB.

Just one question though, is it possible to clone then recolour the curtain backdrop in the family screen?

never mind. I will just download a cas screen cos no matter how much I work on this, its still the same old cas screen.
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 7:53 PM Last edited by Gorgeous Female Diamond : 14th Oct 2007 at 8:36 PM. Reason: Ah, dude, that's what HE said! D:
Ah, dude, thanks 298368922062483 bunches.

Edit: God im dumb XP Forgot to ask:

Should BV work fine?

Maybe you should update this thing a little more often.....
Field Researcher
#165 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 9:58 AM
yahhhhhhh! I have worked it out. lol. thanks to Numenor's base game starter, I can now do my own CAS screens. thanks also to windkeeper for her editions to the cas screen. cheers and thanks again for the tut.

p.s. I use the base game starter with just Bon Voyage and it work great. next time will try with all packs except for seasons and pets .

cheers
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 9:14 PM
Quote:
If you have the Seasons Expansion:
You must use Numenor's BaseGameStarter to create your custom CAS lot without Seasons!! Custom CAS lots created in Seasons will cause all sims made within your new CAS screen to freeze to death. Unless you like simsicles, you'll need to use the BaseGameStarter.

I'm so sorry if this question have been answered one or several times before but; Can you remove the BaseGameStarter once you've created the CAS! ?
I don't understand it and I'm trying to keep mods and hacks at a low level.

Thanks for this great tutorial!

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
Top Secret Researcher
#167 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 8:06 AM
the house isn't turning up!!!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#168 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 7:05 PM
mira_moone - yes you can remove the base game starter once the cas house is complete (and moved out of the base game). Although having base game starter on your system should not effect your regular game

kopple - you're going to need to start over and follow the directions carefully. There's no way for us to glance at your computer and see which step was missed/misunderstood.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 12:44 PM
Ok, thank you! I tryed it and it worked great!

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 1:16 PM Last edited by Gorgeous Female Diamond : 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:27 PM. Reason: Hehe, never mind :]
Quote: Originally posted by poundingheart
yahhhhhhh! I have worked it out. lol. thanks to Numenor's base game starter, I can now do my own CAS screens. thanks also to windkeeper for her editions to the cas screen. cheers and thanks again for the tut.

p.s. I use the base game starter with just Bon Voyage and it work great. next time will try with all packs except for seasons and pets .

cheers

Hurrah! Thank you. Now i'm off to find CC so I can do what only cat-vampires can do!
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 7th Nov 2007 at 2:22 AM
Thank you so so so much for this tutorial! Look at the one I just made, along with the family screen:

Thanks again!

I have done plenty of stupid things in the past. I have the scars -physical and emotional- to prove it. Do I have regrets? No. If anything, I'm proud to have these scars, as trophies of life experience I've gained, and to say, 'Hey, I survived. You can too.'
Test Subject
#172 Old 24th Nov 2007 at 3:27 PM
help i need to delete the cas screen, it didn't work anyway for me, and i want to download teen stuff, but i cant cuz the game starter is not updated to that yet, so how do i delete it?

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink what comes out"?

More funny things at:
http://www.freewebs.com/funnysaying...unnysayings.htm
Test Subject
#173 Old 24th Nov 2007 at 9:38 PM
it's an easy guide, but i still can't make a CAS, i used basegamestarter to start pets, but then i only get a neighborhood called 'mini-game' and i can't find the CAS house.

PS, maybe isn't my english so good, that's because I'm dutch
Test Subject
#174 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 7:34 PM
I tried making a custom CAS with Seasons, and yes the sims started freezing! However, if I select toddler, this seems to stop the sims from freezing! Has anyone else found this?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#175 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 3:09 AM
rubberduck3y6 - that's probably because you can't kill toddlers :P

Uhm, the beginning of this has info for seasons, you must follow it. We do not know of another way to make a working CAS for seasons except for excluding it while you build your CAS)

Page 7 of 11