Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 6:39 PM
Default Hard Drive Query
Hi gUys.. Iv been wondering if I could change the video card of my laptop...to make my game on sims2 play real smooth...

uhmm... this is my system info...

System: im running on Windows XP

= Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU
T4200 @ 2.00Ghz
1.20 Ghz, 1.92 GB of RAM

That is my laptop's system info..
my current video card
is Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile

...some of my friends who knew a bit of computers told me i cant change it.. but some say i could... what you guys think? and I am planning to change its video card...

http://www.kathflores.com
"Every color has its definition and that is what ART is...Defining who you are"
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 5:05 PM
Moved.

Your topic says hard drive but the thread text says video card. You can change out a hard drive in a laptop. In your laptop, you cannot change the video card. Your video card is actually a chip which is part of the motherboard - it's an onboard card. It's not separate, so there's nowhere else to put a graphics card in your laptop. Sorry - your only option is to get a totally new halfway decent PC, or a really nice laptop. Or to continue playing as-is, but make sure to keep your graphics settings low or you can screw up your laptop.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 2:02 AM
geez!...thats horrible... well i guess i should rather get a new desktop pc then... i want to play on my laptop because its very handy i can bring it wherever i want... a really big *sigh* ...thanks guys...and sorry if i posted in a wrong thread..coz i cant find a right thread for it

http://www.kathflores.com
"Every color has its definition and that is what ART is...Defining who you are"