Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2010 at 5:45 AM
Default Game freezes when i use mods
Hey everyone, im new here and i wasnt positive where to post this so move it to the correct thread if you wish.

so the problem is when the game FIRST starts to load its just a black screen and my mouse for probably 20 seconds (doesnt do that if i dont use mods)

then when i click on pleasant ville (i think thats what its called)
it loads slowly up to about a quarter of the bar and then it just STAYS there.

can someone tell me whats going on and if there is a solution to this problem please let me know in laymen terms and link me to whatever i need to fix this because im not very good at all this kinda stuff.

and i dont enjoy playing the sims without the mods so i really need a fix. thanks!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th May 2010 at 5:57 AM
Some of your mods COULD be conflicting with each other....

There's this one tool...It's name escapes my mind but it helps you organize your downloads in a sense....

Anyone care to post a link?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th May 2010 at 6:31 AM
Just wait a little, walk around the house do something else. My game does the same, it doesn't freeze it just processes. If it doesn't move, then yeah it froze. Usually it just sort of pauses and thinks about the heck it is doing. Like I said distract yourself with something for few minutes.

Keep in might you might have a lot of CC and not powerful enough machine for it. It take time to process ALL THAT CC, so don't panic and do stated above.

If nothing happens, then it did freeze and you need to see if mod conflict.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 11th May 2010 at 7:01 AM
I didn't consider that.^

Just wait it out.

I have a HUGE folder of CC......About 2GB on it's own.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th May 2010 at 7:12 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • General - Do the Game Problem FAQ
    You appear to have not gone through our main Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ. Please go through and do the steps on this FAQ, including any others that it links to (for example the Game Help:Game Problem-Problem Custom Contentwiki FAQ).

Usually, in the vast majority of cases, actually going through and doing the steps (doing, not just reading) fixes issues - sometimes you may be asked to remove custom content, or to patch - please rest assured that all of our FAQs have been tested by our staff and volunteers and we wouldn't suggest you do something unless it's been known to fix particular issues.
I've moved your thread to Help. Please try the above steps to see if there's a problem with your CC in general and if so, you can use the FAQ to narrow it down to find out what file(s) are the issue.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th May 2010 at 7:26 AM
kyletheartist: i have waited it out for about 15 minutes a couple times and the loading bar just stays where its to, and im going to look at what you just posted hystericalparoxysm