Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Star Wars Wallpaper

by Snaitf Posted 6th Oct 2014 at 9:20 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2014 at 12:22 PM by Snaitf

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
Original Poster
#26 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by melbrewer367
This is awesome! I have been recoloring cas parts like crazy. Using s4pe I found all the different files that I needed to recolor in this in order to make my own wall. I know you're not doing tutorials or anything but I just have a question about putting multiple recolors into the same package. With the CAS parts there's all kinds of programs you can use to do this in a pretty automated way like Sims 4 Studio and Color Magic. They obviously won't work for a file like this though. Is there already a tutorial somewhere or is it something you can explain fairly quickly (don't need pics or anything like that) on how I can add the other recolors to the same package with s4pe? Would it be as simple as duplicating the swatches and the wall itself and replacing the duplicates with the other colors or are there additional steps like editing some of the resource info? If it's too long for someone to explain to me I'll be patient and just make 20 different packages for now.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but if it's how to combine multiple package files into one, that's pretty easy, just open s4pe and drag&drop any packages you want combined into it, then save it as a new package.
Instructor
#27 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but if it's how to combine multiple package files into one, that's pretty easy, just open s4pe and drag&drop any packages you want combined into it, then save it as a new package.

Sorry! Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to know! I basically want to make recolors of the same wall and have them all be in the same package and thumbnail so you only have one thumbnail in the game for that wall and you just pick the swatch for the color you want to use.
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
Original Poster
#28 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by melbrewer367
Sorry! Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to know! I basically want to make recolors of the same wall and have them all be in the same package and thumbnail so you only have one thumbnail in the game for that wall and you just pick the swatch for the color you want to use.

Whether they are in the same .package file or not has nothing to do with them showing up under a single thumbnail, that's completely different. To make them into the same thumbnail, they have to have the same grouping id, that' the last part of the file when viewing in a hex editor, just past the swatch color codes.
Instructor
#29 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
Whether they are in the same .package file or not has nothing to do with them showing up under a single thumbnail, that's completely different. To make them into the same thumbnail, they have to have the same grouping id, that' the last part of the file when viewing in a hex editor, just past the swatch color codes.

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#30 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 5:28 PM
Ugh geez, I found this at TSR first, and then I come here and the comments are so much better and so much more helpful X3 Thanks for creating this and thank you everyone else for being so helping!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 2:43 PM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 9:09 AM
Found it! I didn't realize you had already posted this. My Bad! Thanks! (re: my comments on the matching flooring asking for wallpaper in this pattern)
Page 2 of 2