Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2022 at 1:36 AM
Default Idea for large family/ rotational gameplay?
So my current household is my boyfriend and I's self sim as well as our new fictional family. I build a big 7 bedroom house for ourselves, our kids and whatever kids / partners they have with the idea of having a multi generational family and keeping the house for the entire legacy because I am the type of simmer to never leave the home lot so the second a child moves out thats them gone forever other than a wedding party or the occasional phonecall.

I have always done these big 20+ person households in previous games but with Sims 4 having more than 8 sims stresses me out, they can't take care of themselves as well as previous games and the games tendency to just blip a sim from existence cause it doesn't like having more than 8 per household adds to that stress so i was thinking of having some sort of rotational gameplay.
I would turn off neighbourhood stories for them cause I like micro managing major life events and don't want cycle back to the first household to see that me and my bf have divorced and he's married the maid.

But also I don't like the idea of spending too much time with one household cause i'm invested in a storyline to see i've missed a bunch of birthdays etc. Is there any mods to fix the 8+ or lack of autonomy issues or any rotational gameplay tips?

p.s I also have an issue where sims profile pics are really small once the hosuehold is a certain size but I think thats more of a playing on laptop issues but any tips for that would help too
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th May 2022 at 4:51 AM Last edited by dikosay : 18th May 2022 at 5:02 AM.
Youtuber Carl Sims Guides made a video 2 years ago where just for the heck of it he placed 100 sims in a house together and recorded the results. It's hilarious. Maybe you've seen it. If not, here's a link:

I Put 100 Sims into ONE HOUSE and it Was NOT a Good Idea
https://youtu.be/RIKc5aszzFM

Funny, with all the autonomy the sims have, fully taking care of themselves does not seem to be a priority for them. I suppose it was programmed that way so that YOU, the player, will do it all for them. Perhaps that's why there's the 8 sim household limit. Indeed, some players' computers cannot handle a household bigger than that, but obviously Carl's and Yours and mine and many others' can, so that can't be the entire reason. Methinks it's because Maxis knew handling a house of more than 8 would be quite a chore, as you found out.

As far as I know, there are no mods to help manage a household over the limit, and if that's how you like to play, I don't envy your plight.

As for the pics becoming tinier and tinier as sims are added, that's the only way to place more than 8 sims on the screen and still have room to watch the gameplay. The pics are tiny even on my screen, and mine is a 24 inch.

I do use one mod that kinda somewhat helps me manage my sims autonomy a little better. It is by Sacrificial. Here's the link:

LIfe Manager
Life Manager

Have fun

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th May 2022 at 10:44 PM
Thanks for the mod ill have a look at it x Also for the profile thing I mean they are tiny once theres like five sims not just more than 8