Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#3551 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 5:35 AM
*Hears lullaby*

"I didn't click try for baby"

I really didn't click try for baby when my Sim couple wanted to to woohoo in the hot tub, but most likely ACR risky chance came into play. Good thing I moved them into bigger house.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3552 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 3:34 PM
"Please do not get abducted until I go take a coffee."
Lab Assistant
#3553 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 9:25 PM
Definitely something like "stop dragging the poor kid to dance and leave her alone!" when 2 of my sims would kept dragging the kid to dance non stop!
Mad Poster
#3554 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 3:29 AM
"Stop trying to annoy Vidcund!" As I cancel yet another "look through" action on the telescope.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3555 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
"Stop trying to annoy Vidcund!" As I cancel yet another "look through" action on the telescope.

I am annoyed by this too and wondering why there isn't "no autonomous look through " mod made yet.
Mad Poster
#3556 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
I am annoyed by this too and wondering why there isn't "no autonomous look through " mod made yet.

Pescado's "Autonomy Controller" should work with all autonomous actions that use objects.

https://modthesims.info/showthread....033#post5268033
Mad Poster
#3557 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Pescado's "Autonomy Controller" should work with all autonomous actions that use objects.

https://modthesims.info/showthread....033#post5268033

It is tricky. I don't want to ban the telescope. Just use it only at night.
Scholar
#3558 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 2:06 PM
Let's see, you have no body points and have shown no interest whatsoever in fitness but you want to get an athletic scholarship? Not likely.
Field Researcher
#3559 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
It is tricky. I don't want to ban the telescope. Just use it only at night.

You could put it in inventory during the day and Brit it out only at night. Or put it behind a locked door. I don't think there's an easy solution
Scholar
#3560 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 10:39 PM
How in the world did Telegonus Beaker and Tina Traveller, both blonds, have a red-headed baby?
Mad Poster
#3561 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 11:54 PM
That's the miracle of recessives. Tina has two blonde genes; Telegonus has one blond gene from Loki and one red gene from Circe. He contributed the red gene, which is equal in value to Tina's blond one, and they flipped for it.

What I wonder is, how is it I never, ever get a brunette when breeding brown hair to black hair?

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3562 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
That's the miracle of recessives. Tina has two blonde genes; Telegonus has one blond gene from Loki and one red gene from Circe. He contributed the red gene, which is equal in value to Tina's blond one, and they flipped for it.

What I wonder is, how is it I never, ever get a brunette when breeding brown hair to black hair?

That's weird. I thought black and brown hair were both dominant, so you should definitely get either black or brown for the child's hair.
Mad Poster
#3563 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 5:06 PM
Black and brown are both dominant, but someone brown hardly ever wins the coin toss for me.

Theorist
#3564 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 6:24 PM
In my game brown hair frequently wins out over black hair. For example, in my Beginning of Pleasantview Hood I had a family where the father was a redhead (R/R) while the mother had black hair with a brown gene (Black/Brown) they had six children. After rolling the pacifier to avoid the first born effect I took whatever baby they produced (no existing without saving) and of the six children only the oldest daughter had black hair, the other five had brown hair.
The really funny part is though between each other the parents had genetics for Grey, Light Blue, Green and Brown eyes. The oldest daughter, witht he black hair, had brown eyes, all her younger brothers and sisters ended up with light blue eyes, no grey or green at all.
They didn't suffer from first born syndrome, except for their hair/eye colours they all ended up looking very different from each other and with different personalities.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#3565 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 12:11 AM
I downloaded mods for hair dominance because even after seven generations I couldn't get a recessive or a brown to show up in a child. Founder and founder's spouse had black hair, no other spouses did, every single offspring for all seven generations had black hair. Everyone had recessives, and even with the supposed fifty-fifty chance of brown, I got none.

With mods setting all hair colors to recessive, now I get a reasonable variety.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Theorist
#3566 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 6:29 PM
Well statistical clusters (where a 50/50 chance always lands on the same side) are a thing (just like I got 5 kids in that family, all with brown hair and light blue eyes) but as far as the game's programming is concerned, if a Sim inherits a black and a brown hair gene it's 50/50 which of them "wins out".

I think one of the problem's with he genetic system of Sims 2 is that, while it's totally awesome in it's realism, many neighbourhoods don't have a large enough population to showcase it.
By the time I got bored of my Beginning of Pleasantview hood the four hair colours were actually almost equally represented among it's population, with stuff like a blond hair gene showing up after 3-4 generations. But that also was a neighbourhood of over 200 Sims, so...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
#3567 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 10:17 PM
"Wow, he looks so much like his older sister!"
. . .
"He looks EXACTLY like his older sister."
. . .
"f you First Born Syndrome."
Mad Poster
#3568 Old 14th Aug 2020 at 6:18 PM
"Get on the damn OMSP!!!"

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#3569 Old 14th Aug 2020 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
"Get on the damn OMSP!!!"

I can never remember which ones have to be placed on the floor first or which order they need to be stacked. LOL
Scholar
#3570 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 11:01 AM
"Dear Susan's Boss,

Your employee Susan has just moved into a new house, she's heavily pregnant with two children underfoot (admittedly also with a husband and aunt willing to help, but that's not the point) and if she'd simply skipped the day, you wouldn't have said a word. She's only here because she rolled a want to get promoted and therefore I walked her to work as soon as the move-in cinematic finished. You do NOT have authority to complain about her being 90 minutes late for her 10-hour shift.

Yours sincerely
ieta_cassiopeia"

I've a good mind to sethour everyone the day off work tomorrow in protest.
Scholar
#3571 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 11:27 PM
I know he's really asking for it, but I just can't do it. I can't turn Ripp Grunt into a vampire. Ripp, go home to your wife.
Field Researcher
#3572 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 8:26 PM
For context, one of my playable teen male sims fell in love with a newspaper girl. The feelings were mutual and she was moved in with a teleporter shrub. The boy grew up a few days before she would, I don't have University or Free Time, and I didn't want to bother with elixir.

"Today's the day, and it's 6 PM!"
I click "grow up"; she rolls "meet someone new", "move out", and two aspiration-based unrelated wants.
"As you wish," I say to myself, as she picks up a newspaper and moves out.
Forum Resident
#3573 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 12:18 PM
This isn't what I said while playing the sims, but something Liz Lemon said about playing the sims:
"Look, Jack, I don't have a lot of personal life experience, but if I've learnt anything about my sims family, when a child doesn't see his father enough, he starts to jump up and down. Then his mood level will drop. Until he pees himself."
Field Researcher
#3574 Old 24th Aug 2020 at 9:32 AM
"How are you still alive?!" usually to an elder after 6 pm.
Scholar
#3575 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 1:09 AM
Don't you ever get tired of spaghetti?!?
Page 143 of 167