Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 2:20 AM Last edited by Care : 19th Feb 2005 at 2:37 AM. Reason: Better title

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default *Repost* my sims can't have babies they freeze and then I can't do anything
I was told I could repost this question that is now archived..

Ok, I got a brand new computer and for some reason all the hacks I used on my old computer just fine are not working with my new one. I know it's the hacks because when I take them out my game runs fine. Ok here is the problem, when my sim gets pregnant and is ready to have her baby it just sits there and nothing happens. It will show the baby in mid air just lying there but no movement for no one. I cannot exit or save. I took out any mod that had to do with pregnancy or whoohoo and the Inseminator, but still same problem? Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions. I just think it's strange that I had no problems with any of the hacks I have until I got my new computer.

Thanks
Care-

Please Please any idea's on this....
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 3:23 AM
ok thank you I am going to try it out right now.. will get back to you on this
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 4:07 AM Last edited by Care : 19th Feb 2005 at 4:27 AM.
I tried it like you said both ways didn't work

here is the logs for the errors:

Object id: 223
name: N002_User00092 - Baby Girl
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 4:14 AM
Hey Care, it's probably one of your hacks or mods. I took out my entire downloads folder and started the game back up and the babies were okay. =D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 4:17 AM
I have done that also and yes it works but what I do not get is that all the mods/hacks I have I used in my old computer just fine had no problems. My question is why now with my new computer is it messed up?
Scholar
#6 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 4:19 AM
Thats a bug in the game itself, even the patch doesnt fix it, @Care has just been lucky, what I do is SAVE GAME before she about to give birth, use the move_objects cheat, move the mother in a place where there is more room to give birth.

Its nothing to do with a new computer.

It happens to me all the time, hacks or no hacks, but its a fixable problem but its a pain
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 4:26 AM
I ran from scratch except my downloads folder...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Thats a bug in the game itself, even the patch doesnt fix it, @Care has just been lucky, what I do is SAVE GAME before she about to give birth, use the move_objects cheat, move the mother in a place where there is more room to give birth.

Its nothing to do with a new computer.

It happens to me all the time, hacks or no hacks, but its a fixable problem but its a pain

The time it first happened she was in her yard lots of room? and just to try it out cause I know Pascal is always about to give birth he was outside to and it happened?

But I will try what you suggest
Thx
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 4:36 AM
no any and all sims I try to make have a baby...

But I have a question if Citysim says it's a bug then why doesn't it happen when I take the mods/hacks out?
Scholar
#10 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Care
no any and all sims I try to make have a baby...

But I have a question if Citysim says it's a bug then why doesn't it happen when I take the mods/hacks out?

As I said bug in the game, theres 50/50 chance it will freeze, you didn't have to take your mods/hacks out, as I said Save Game and reload and keep trying and it will happen.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 4:55 AM
I tried it, it still doesn't work. It only works when I take the hacks out ? Thanks anyway
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 5:01 AM
I tried I did delete the baby and had them have another one and it did the same thing. I did a re-install already and that didn't help I was going to do the adding one by one next so I guess I will try that tomorrow.. Or will just play with no hacks.... Will keep you all posted on my finds...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simster
--I don't know why, but "driver conflict" and "corrupt file" comes to mind more than anything else here.

I thought about updating my drivers but hadn't yet but corrupt file such as? can you be a bit more specific?

Thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 5:08 AM
ah ok thanx
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#15 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 8:10 AM
Care -

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you. I've never played The Sims 2 to the extent of having babies, etc, but after reading what's already been said, you never really said how you did copy your files over to your new computer? Did you burn them to CD beforehand? Did you put them on an external hard drive device?

IF you burned them to CD and you just copied them back, you might want to make sure these files are not marked as READ ONLY. Files copied from CD are always marked as read only. I really don't think that is the case because these files should be just read and not executed nor written to, but I don't really know.

There is a way to mark the files as archive from a DOS prompt, but I can't remember the flag right now.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 8:25 AM
I had this problem spme weeks ago.........I was reinstalled the game....tested all mods......verified sound...and......I found the soluce for my computer.......
Alimentation was 250w.....game need minimum 350w to run fine........I just changed the alime to 450 w and now all is OK..............You can test this way......
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 4:13 PM
daysies I put them on an external hard drive and everything on a fresh install and cestmoi your going above and beyond my Knowledge of computers I am not sure what your saying I should do anyway to tell me in a way I may understand better?

Thx all
Field Researcher
#18 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 4:30 PM
I had this very same problem. Finally I did a full reinstall and am installing everything from scratch. so far everything is working, I have installed everything but objects and I'm working on those now, I'm only about 1/5 of the way into the objects folder. So I'm also trying to find the object that is caring the problem with the birth.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 4:34 PM
well it's not just me then The only object I have is a new cradle someone made here. I didn't put in any of them after I set up my new computer. I will try it tough but I have put in a few hacks so far and they are working right.. Will keep all posted...
Field Researcher
#20 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 6:40 PM Last edited by SexyShelly : 19th Feb 2005 at 6:47 PM.
EDIT: I forgot to mention, that before I installed any objects, I had no problems loading the game or the lot, I'll remove my objects folder (I have them sorted by the type catagories, comfort, appliances, etc) and I have only installed like the appliances and build mode and comfort, comfort is the largest folder of the three, the other two are under 100 files i think.

I'll post updates as I go along to see if it will help to diagnose the problem.

Okay, mine was freezing when it popped up the window announcing one or two babies and that the stork is getting his stuff together, then it crashes.

Now that I am doing a reinstall, my game is crashing during a lot load. I don't think there is a crib on that lot, as a matter of fact I know that there is not.

**Stars are in place for privacy, in both the post and the text documents. The only thing that is stared out is my name or my address and phone number, things that are super personal like that.

I am attaching two text documents from this folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\*****\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs

*******-FAMILY-config-log.txt and TextureErrors.log.txt
Field Researcher
#21 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 7:20 PM Last edited by cestmoi : 19th Feb 2005 at 7:24 PM.
The actual 3D video cards on the recent new computer need at first other than 350 or 400w alimentation to turn correctly....On 90% of the config computer when you by a complete configuration alimentation have on the origine 240 or 300w......good to run with 2 hard drive ,1 DVd and 1 graveur and a normal 3D base video and sound cart.But now all new and good video card need to be alimented also by the computer alimentation.Normaly you have a book with your video cart.........and it's mentionned the base configuration to turn proprely........If you need 350w or 450w and your computer turn only in 240w......on a basic game will work perfects but on recents 3D game ,if your game freeze or block when you use some more propriety of your video card.......I had this problem some week ago....and I was reinstalled...the game...tested and retested All mod ......and all time PROBLEMS.....Game freeze...........I changed my Alimentation for a 450w...and now I can play correctly with other 3Giga downloaded stuffs and all mods with all woohoo and Inseminator....but without pregnancy mod ...for me was the solution because now I play 2 week the game without conflits...without crash or freeze.....
I use a P4 -2.8Giga with 1 giga memory with a getForce 6800 and all now OK.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 7:53 PM
My computer works fine now no crashes while having a baby I put in the mods I really like and use alot and no crashes. I just deleted the rest. Sorry I do not have the patience to test them all. I got what I want and it works.

I will list what I have and work for those having the same problem maybe they can narrow it down easier:

Permafridge
voodoo bottle
noemptypot
ME_multipainting
zforeverburnsafefire
woohooteens 6
teenmarriage
moveinall
moveoutteens
nohomeworkhack
triplets&quadsmod_v2_0
dailygardner
coffeecuphack
phonehack
nudist1
payatbox
nudepotty
weedhack
InSIMenator 1.5 Sim
Field Researcher
#23 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 8:20 PM
this is what happens.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 11:40 PM Last edited by SexyShelly : 21st Feb 2005 at 11:45 PM.
Okay, I think that the pregnancy issue is definately with a hack.
Here's a list of all the hacks I have in my folder.

Attempting to run again with a couple of the hacks removed.
Oh, in the main folder is the color enabler.

Care, maybe it's the Insimenator or the Woohoo Teens 6 or the Triplets Mod, I don't have the quads mod though, but I have the triplets mod, maybe it's that...that's what we both have that had to do with pregnancy. I'll run it then remove one or all of those files and try again, I don't think it's the Insimenator or the woohoo teens 6, cause i believe it ran it fine and had babies fine before i added the triplets mod.

------------------------ C:\Documents and Settings\****** *******\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\DOWNLOADS\!HACKS!\
abortbedmaking.package
aplusmemoryhack.package
asprechargetweak.package
boardingschool0-21.package
boardingschool_phone_hack.package
BUNKER-BankPlugin.package
callover.package
carpoolfix.package
changingtable.package
comm-skilling.package
dailygardener.package
dmaNPC_Arthur_Doss.package
dmaNPC_Donna_Eckhart.package
dmaNPC_Jeannie_Prouty.package
dmaNPC_Marianne_Honea.package
dmaNPC_Maureen_Ashcraft.package
dmaNPC_Paul_Martens.package
dmaNPC_Rodney_Mansell.package
dmaNPC_William_Bullins.package
dma_WooHoo_Bed.package
dma_WooHoo_Booth.package
elixirofamazingness.package
f-word-mod.package
fasterbuyclothes.package
frontdoorhack.package
gardeningfun.package
Havechildnotadopt.package
homeworksometimesfasterfun_v1.package
hugginghack.package
individual_freewill.package
InSIMenator 1.5 SIM.package
lesswhiny.package
manual-navigation.package
marriage-postmortum.package
ME_MindControlMirror.package
moneyorder.package
moveoutteens.package
nightschool.package
noagediscrimination.package
nocheeringhack.package
nocorruptdeath.package
noreunionmemory.package
noshockforoutgoing.package
nostrangerdance.package
novelprogress.package
nowhatsthis.package
Objects-dont-nag-me.package
Objects-no-route-fail-anim.package
outfitplanner.package
payatbox.package
PermaFridge.package
phonehack.package
PregNormalDressingV1.package
QuietPregnancy.package-Have Removed this mod from the folder
RiskyWoohooInBed.package
RiskyWoohooInPublic.package
RiskyWoohooInTub.package
satellitehackoptions.package
savethetrees.package
sleepclock.package-Have Removed this mod from the folder
sleep_anytime.package
sshack.package
stereohack.package
StudyComputer.package
taxihack.package
teleport-here-max-logic.package
TeleprompterNoAutoplay.package
tripletsmod.package
WooHooTeens_6.package
zdiarydialog.package
zforeverburnsafefire.package
zmailboxhack.package
znewspaperhack.package
znoburnstove.package
Field Researcher
#25 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 3:04 AM
Okay, I found this file is causing the lot crash: x_tonje_0003_re_pink_birch_tree_sapling.package

I found that one or both of these files was causing the crash while having a baby:
QuietPregnancy.package
sleepclock.package