Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 4:04 PM
Default List down some University BUGs
Hey guys, I was just wondering if u guys encountered any bugs in it and BTW, heres some of the bugs I encountered :

1) Neighbourhood/Colleage view does not save its coordination.. means that the last viewed part of the neighbourhood becomes viewing at the sea at start.

2) Musics arent in order, Neighbourhood has Buy or Build mode musics.

3) boolprop, intprop cheats sometimes has no effects and u will need to restart Sims 2 to get it right.

4) SOMETIMEs, when a stove or something is on fire in dorms, the buy mode is still enabled and the fire has no effect at all.

and many many more, please list down some so we can take note.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 4:09 PM
I have discovered a couple besides those.
1. Sprinklers have never gone off.
2. I had a pic of this but can't find it. If sims are standing to close to someone playing a band instrument, when the sim stops playing, the go "into" the other sim. It was really funny the first time because my mail sim looked like a cross dresser with boobs and all. lol.
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 4:14 PM Last edited by Moonstar : 5th Mar 2005 at 4:16 PM. Reason: typos/spelling
ive had trouble with npcs freezing up. first one was a chearleader .. she actually did some things like scratch her arm.. but she would not budge from her spot .. *doorway of someone's dorm room* the next time was a toga wearing guy from a greekhouse. he completly froze .. to get rid of these ppl.. i used move objects cheat and deleted them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 5:08 PM
@lanin - 1)thats weird, my sprinklers does goes off ??
2) haha, same here.
@moonstar - actually u can use "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" then hold down "shift" and click on the frozen sims, find "force error", click on "reset" and well it should be ok.... like what i did actually.
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 5:12 PM
we3ll, that's alotta work when i could just delete them .. but maybe ill try it next time hehe
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 6:16 PM Last edited by DaisyTighfield : 5th Mar 2005 at 6:22 PM.
I've been getting a weird bug with toddlers, where when they try to learn how to walk, talk, or use the potty the progress bar just keeps reseting :confused:
#7 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 6:29 PM
EVERYTIME I apply for a Greek House joining, when there's like 30 secs left all of them freeze and I have to moveobjects and delete them.
Instructor
#8 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 6:37 PM
The sims' image on the puck changes every time they "change appearance" in the mirror. Puddles of water on grass cannot be cleaned up. And a whole bunch of other bugs that seem to be a direct result of Uni.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by idtaminger
The sims' image on the puck changes every time they "change appearance" in the mirror. Puddles of water on grass cannot be cleaned up. And a whole bunch of other bugs that seem to be a direct result of Uni.

"Sims image on the puck" What?

One day, strange folk arrived in the town...
They came in camouflage...hidden behind dark glasses...
But no one noticed them...they only saw shadows...
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 7:23 PM
not sure if I should be posting this here, but..... I only had 3 downloads in my folder: ME mind control mirror, Insimenator 1.5, and ME's Painting. Evert time the message "Sim has school in one hour", all sims on the lot would drop dead, literally.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fafassims
not sure if I should be posting this here, but..... I only had 3 downloads in my folder: ME mind control mirror, Insimenator 1.5, and ME's Painting. Evert time the message "Sim has school in one hour", all sims on the lot would drop dead, literally.

You need to delete the Insimenator, and download the "DEST" or "OBJ" version. The "SIM" version is the one casuing the deaths.

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fafassims

Get the Insiminator OBJ, the Insiminator SIM has this suicide option because of the adjusted PIE menu. That's not a game error its a hack conflict.
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 7:37 PM
My Sims don't move their mouth when using the phone (or cell phone) anymore. It is really weird to hear the Sims speak, but not move their mouths. I made a request in the hack forum to correct this, but it seems like none of the people who make hacks actually have the game yet. So I don't know when this (or any bug we find) will get patched.
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 7:52 PM
2 od my sims come back from mid-term exams and immediately get an interaction "stay home from exam", even though they just got their real grades of A+. They are then told they missed final year exams and got a C+. The game proceeds to make them sophomores instead of 2nd semester freshmen. If I cancel the interaction that says "stay home from exam" it just pops up again and acts as if they missed the exam TWICE and they are immediately on aademic probation.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#15 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by idtaminger
The sims' image on the puck changes every time they "change appearance" in the mirror. Puddles of water on grass cannot be cleaned up.

Neither of these are bugs, nor are they unique to university. Every time you change appearance on a mirror, regardless of whether you make any changes, it regenerates the Sim snapshot, possibly including the pose, which is what allows you to make a new snapshot or thumbnail that matches anytime you plan a new outfit. You never could mop puddles on grass. That's a TS1 behavior. Try this in real life if you want, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 8:01 PM
Ok, in my job profile theres no saying what subject they are doing and new teens i created in the neighborhood and then send them to college they can't select a major? wonder why is that?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 8:08 PM
I have a problem when I come home from a class it is stuck in super fast speed even though it shows it is on regular speed.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 8:10 PM
I have a puddle bug maybe but not on the grass. I just seem to get random puddles. really weird.just all of a sudden a puddle will appear.
Test Subject
#19 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 8:26 PM
I had an issue with an elder sim, Jenna, 'running' into my other sims... she would walk toward a sim, hit a brick wall on the gridspace the other sim occupied, but the walking animation would continue. I used moveobjects to get rid of her.

Not sure if this is a university specific bug, but I haven't seen it before.
Test Subject
#20 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 8:40 PM
is it just me ordoes this game seem rushed i mean theres that many bugs i dont think it was tested properly
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by laninseannsmomi
I have a puddle bug maybe but not on the grass. I just seem to get random puddles. really weird.just all of a sudden a puddle will appear.

This could be due to playful sims throwing water balloons at each other. I noticed it a few times in University, same with sims pulling a prank with the sprinkler. The NPC students will do it, which could account for your mysterious puddles.

#22 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 9:04 PM
Others have mentioned this one.

In dorms, sometimes the extra NPC students will start looking like ghosts and you can't interact with them as a result. They fix themselves eventually and go back to normal.
#23 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xocxoc
Others have mentioned this one.

In dorms, sometimes the extra NPC students will start looking like ghosts and you can't interact with them as a result. They fix themselves eventually and go back to normal.

The "ghost" effect is a result of the (NPC)sims disappearing when they go into their dorms. they fade to invisible when they enter the room. if you were to tell your sim to walk into the room they just disappeared into they would fade back to normal. Although, it doesnt always happen and sometimes when they leave the room they stay in the faded state for a few moments and cannot be interacted with.
Test Subject
#24 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 11:50 PM
I had 2 students in the hottub - and when I had them make out - they both "popped out" of the hottub. (Somersaulted would be a more accurate discription.)
Test Subject
#25 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Khristy
I had 2 students in the hottub - and when I had them make out - they both "popped out" of the hottub. (Somersaulted would be a more accurate discription.)

I had this happen once too in the hottub. It's the old Jump Bug. Did you have either Teen Woohoo hack installed at the time?
Page 1 of 18