Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2020 at 6:38 PM
Default trans sim meshes?
Alright, so I've been fiddling around with cmarNYC's morph maker. I'm no expert by any means but an idea came to me for a mod that I should definitely make. Now, it's great that the sims team added options for greater diversity in gender identity and expression, but it was kind of a last minute patch and that does carry through to it being kind of clunky in its current form. And it still locks trans sims into fairly binary presentations and bodies. But in reality humans literally come in all shapes and sizes, some trans people might look very similar to average cis people of their gender, some don't and feel comfortable with not, some cis people might have more masculine or feminine frames than their average peers. And there's nonbinary and intersex people who don't really fit into either mold. At the end of the day, while there's trends and clustering, there's no hardfast rules for how a person must look in terms of their sex and gender. And I think it'd be cool for the sims to reflect that. I had the idea for a set of sliders that can be used to finetune a sim's appearance with regards to sex and gender to present more diversity for simmers who want it, and I know exactly how I'll implement it, it should work pretty seamlessly and be fairly easy to create. The only thing I'm missing are .objs for male sims with feminine frames, and female sims with masculine frames, and I'd need them to really be able to make this mod right. I can use morph maker to extract the binary male and female sim .objs since those were the meshes that were in the game from the beginning, but I'm no coder and all I know how to use are morph maker and blender, so I haven't been able to get the other sim meshes. Does anyone know if there's anywhere I can find those meshes online or point me towards how to extract them from the games files?