Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated - Sims 2 RoboFileMaid 3000.

by mstybl95 Posted 9th Jan 2006 at 3:09 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:21 PM by Nysha

130 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 126 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Test Subject
#26 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 8:56 PM
unfortunately, i've gotten the same error.
if someone can please assist with this, i really would love to try it out.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 9:25 PM
i get the same message too!
Test Subject
#28 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 12:12 AM
I spent a good portion of the day trying to figure out why this program wont work. My computer meets all of the requirements that this program claims to need, yet I am still getting this error message. I searched for information on this error and there isnt anything thatI can find to correct the problem. I guess I will uninstall this program and wait until it is corrected, but it looked awesome.....................
Test Subject
#29 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 12:43 AM
To get this to work download Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86) here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&displaylang=en
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by -Elena-
Hi, Ive got a Q,
As far as i know ive downloaded the latest version from net framework from microsoft website.
This is version 2.0.50215.44
Ive tried it but it says i need version v2.0.50727.
Where can i find it? its not on the microsoft site as far as i can see..

thanks!

go to http://neoscrib.dns2go.com/default.aspx?page=s2rfm3k and look for the requirements. there is a link to the .net framework that is required. the version you have is slightly out of date.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by [email protected]
This sounds good . I have one question to ask before I down load it.Do I have to uninstall the old file maid first before installing this one?

no, you do not have to uninstall the sim file maid 2. this is a completely new application so it won't mess up anything.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mstybl95
go to http://neoscrib.dns2go.com/default.aspx?page=s2rfm3k and look for the requirements. there is a link to the .net framework that is required. the version you have is slightly out of date.

I followed the links but i ended up at the same site as yesterday where i downloaded the "wrong" version..
and im sure its the same one i downloaded yesterday because it has the same name and the size is 22,4. but its not version 2.0.50727.

Does anyone have the same problem? or is it just me being blonde? :P

I Follow The Night.. Can't Stand The Light.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 6:54 PM
she's nice!what dose she do?

Seriously.
-Grey's Anatomy
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 7:42 PM
I dont know about you guys, But Im not waiting 3 hours to download that framwork thing! Im just going to stick with the original.

Dont look down on someone unless you're helping them up-Me
Test Subject
#35 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 8:35 PM
I've followed the links as stated above as well, and I am also redirected back to the SAME "wrong" "outdated" version as well. I t redirects me back to the same file I have already downloaded off of MS site. This program is more trouble than anything i have dl so far. I am just deleting it until it can be corrected. It was a nice looking program though
Forum Resident
#36 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 8:37 PM
This program works nicely, if you have the newest version of net framework. I like the fact that it will delete or recycle bin the zips and rars once the files are installed.
Until I've completely tested this however, I'll keep recomending the original filemaid program. I need to wait a week or so and go on a download binge ;D

Like Pitch Black and CoR?
Visit GM_Andy's. My Home on the Web! My Sims2 stuff and files I'm caretaker of can be found here

Need a way to open that .rar file? Use the Sims2 File Maid.
Test Subject
#37 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 2:53 AM
I downloaded and installed and had no problems Works great, nice job .

Now if you could get this program to pass that box that comes up for the .sims2pack for the walls and floors and will just automatically install them, I would use this program and forget about using 2 or 3 programs for my needs ;P
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 7:17 PM
WOW. Works like a charm and is a much better program then the Sim 2 File Maid. Thank you very much.

Intru informatique...
Test Subject
#39 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 8:48 PM
Default Does this do the same thing as the clean pack installer?
I have TS2 clean pack installer, and I know that gives you some download details, but it doesn't place the downloads where they need to go, mine doesn't anyway. It just puts my downloads into my TS2 downloads folder. What does the "robomaid" do differently.

Also, I have too ran into the net 2 probs. I installed it via microsoft but it obviously isn't working correctly. I am trying the redistrubutible pckg. as of right now. I can't find any other fixes for this issue myself, but if I do I will definitely post.

Thanks for the info,
Nikki

"Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not break!"
NIKKI
Test Subject
#40 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 9:08 PM
This is great - looks cool!
Test Subject
#41 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mstybl95
no, you do not have to uninstall the sim file maid 2. this is a completely new application so it won't mess up anything.

Thanks. But now I'm having the same problem as every one else. NET Framework v20.50727. I all so down loded the wrong one.
Test Subject
#42 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 10:40 PM
u say it greatly expands functionality? how? deleting the zips after installation doesnt constitute a great expansion of functionality
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 2:09 AM
What this program does
Quote: Originally posted by n00000bie
u say it greatly expands functionality? how? deleting the zips after installation doesnt constitute a great expansion of functionality

well, that is one thing that it does. another is that instead of actually downloading and then dragging the download onto the background, you can just drag the link from the web page and package, sims2pack or sims2skin file is automatically installed into your downloads folder. It also has a feature that works with the q-exress links, but it has to be configured manually. it monitors a directory and installs downloads automatically. by this I mean if you download zips or rars to your desktop, you can set it up to monitor your desktop and install the files without you even watching or paying attention. of course the program has to be running for it to do that.

so yeah, i think it expands the functionality a lot. personally, i was a humongous fan of the sims 2 file maid, but mine stopped working for me after I created a different user account and had to go into my registry to change where my files went. the whole reason this program was created was to make it so each user account on my computer is set up for their files to go into their downloads folder. my husband just did a lot of tweaking and made it better for me. I'm sharing it because the functionality is better and it's more helpful.

of course their are bugs and i'd like to hear about them and also about any other features that may be incorporated. right now we are trying to make the sims2pack files open and install without you having to click any buttons.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 2:13 AM
FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE .NET FRAMEWORK:

I included a link in my post (at the top of this page) to the microsoft website. it takes you directly to the file that needs to be downloaded. if it is not working, check your system requirements. You may not have the right requirements. Check back as my husband will try rewriting the code in the older version of the .net framework.
Test Subject
#45 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 12:12 PM
Well, I installed it. It worked great immediately. I already had the latest Net since SimPE uses it. I then went into the configuration window as stated in the readme file and set it so that the original files I downloaded were moved to my archive folder after being installed into the game download folder. It all works great!

I think this is a very easy to use program. I thought you needed to hear something positive after all the folks who had problems most likely because they didn't have the lastest Net or hadn't set the configuration section up first before using it.
Test Subject
#46 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 3:29 PM
Thank you very much for this. This is my first day on the site, and I think this will be a very useful tool. In response to previous posts regarding the .net framework I used the link given at the top of the page and the program installed fine without problems. I don't know if it has anything to do with XP or not but the link for the framework file worked for me. I hope this helps. And thank you again.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 3:38 PM
I think it's a pretty darn good program.

I'd just like to suggest being able to have the monitored folder the same as your directory for downloads.

Also improved support for Firefox would be awesome because I think that's what's been causing me to have a few problems with the program, either that or it just doesn't like rar files.

Otherwise this is a completely awesome program.

--This signature has been tested on lab sims--
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 2:09 AM
The program seems great thus far except for the fact that, for some reason, my program is unable to extract files from any zips or rars no matter what. I installed the .net program, so... not sure why nothing except Sims2pack is installing. Straight packages give an error message that says 'File Name cannot be null. Parameter name: destfileName.'
Test Subject
#49 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 5:57 AM
I have a question regarding unzip/rar'ing files...

sometimes I download a .rar that is either filled with other .rar files, or filled with folders that either contain the package or more .rar files (hope this makes sense), question is..

Can I drag and drop these .rar files that contain other files or .rar's and have them all extract to the desired location, or do I need to open each file and only extract the original .rar that holds the actual package?

I find these problems when some creators keep their creations organized and end up zipping every file that belongs to a set, or when I download items from TSR and a bunch of files are thrown together in one 'basket' file. Its a pain in the butt to seperate every file before extracting it into its destination. Hope Robomaid will help with the hassle.
Test Subject
#50 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 6:04 AM
One more thing.. I havent gotten any errors, but when I drag a .rar file to the robomaid, she plays her little 'tada' tune, but says that 0 files have been extracted (and 0 files were extracted). Ive tried it with a few files now, to be sure it wasnt the file's fault. Any idea why this is happening?
Page 2 of 6