Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated - Sims 2 RoboFileMaid 3000.

by mstybl95 Posted 9th Jan 2006 at 3:09 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:21 PM by Nysha

130 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 126 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#76 Old 13th May 2006 at 4:18 AM
It automatically install your custom content for you. YOu don't need to have WinZIP or winrar. There are other features to it and how to use it is included in the read me file. I find it useful for some things, but not for others. If you need more help, pm me because I do not check back at this thread very often.

Check out my site: SIMple Realty
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 9:13 PM
Just THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! You did a great, a absolutely awesome job in creating the File Maid. I love downloading new content for my sims so much (since the game don't come up with real good clothes etc. okay, my opinion..) and I was always annoyed from installing all the files and with the Maid its that easy.
I downloaded her a month or what ago and I'm so happy with her! Your work is honored and loved!!

You will not believe your eyes how a voice could hypnotize ~ Promises are only lies ~ from Loreley
Test Subject
#78 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mstybl95
FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE .NET FRAMEWORK:

I included a link in my post (at the top of this page) to the microsoft website. it takes you directly to the file that needs to be downloaded. if it is not working, check your system requirements. You may not have the right requirements. Check back as my husband will try rewriting the code in the older version of the .net framework.

well, I'm having the same troubles as everyone else and I followed your link to the "correct" download.... except its a duff link. Nothing there. My computer promptly had a temper tantrum, told me the page didn't exist and crashed.

typical.

I'll just stick to the original file maid until your husband codes one for an older version of the .net framework

thanks anyway, looked like a nice program.
Test Subject
#79 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 11:28 PM
Wooow! I love this sooo much! If I have any problems I will come to you...You and your hubby did a great job at this and I absolutely love it! Thankyou once again xxx
Test Subject
#80 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 9:58 PM
Thie version works amazingly! Thank you soooooo much! I was having a lot of problems with the previous version. Now I don't have to download and install each file by hand.
Test Subject
#81 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 1:32 AM
Well i downloaded it, and i have the correct .NET thing.
When i drag a file onto the lawn next to the robot, " Enqueued 1 items..." appears and doesnt go away, what is this? and is it normal?
Test Subject
#82 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 1:25 AM
Just wanted to let you know, it's a little glitchy with Vista when it comes to uninstalling pack files.
Test Subject
#83 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 11:31 PM
Hi there, im downloading this now.. ill be using this on my new laptop that has vista, ill report any issues with it incase you guys want to do future updates

thanks so much, was dreading having to install this stuff manualy do to lack of sim programs for vista
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 1:04 PM
Hi, just to let you know that i downloaded this yesterday after finding my trusty Sim File Maid 2 didnt work on my new Vista machine. I downloaded the net framework too but it turns out Vista (not on this 'internet' machine) already has net framework installed - i dont know if that's just mine or all Vista machines as my dad bought this one for us as he knows my old machine was getting too small to run the sims 2. (Yea! for my slightly early 40th B'day pressy!)

anyway i installed your Robo File Maid and she popped up perfectly, i was able to set the files i wanted my downloads to go to and the zips to go to - brilliant feature btw.

then i tried to use her and nothing happened, she wouldnt acknowledge any file i tried to place on her 'lawn'. I gave up in the end and opened my game. The next day i thought i'd try again, i opened up Robo file maid, she popped up perfectly again, i dragged my file over to her lawn and hey presto! it worked - 28 files all in the right folder with one click - hurrah.

I love the feature that shows the exact name of each file she loads as im one of those folks who keeps an exact record of every file i put into my sims so i can find corrupt ones without too much trouble.

I dont know why she didnt work first time but she works brilliantly now and i couldnt be happier, thanks so much for sharing this extrememly useful tool.

btw my system is as follows: Vista Business (6.0, Build 6000)
Dell Dimension E521, 222GB HD, AMD Athlon processor, 64X2 Dual Core Processor, 4400+ (2CPUs) ~2.3Ghz, 958RAM, Direct X 10 with NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE graphics card. Hope this helps anyone with Vista who wants to run Robo File Maid

Quote:
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. (Winston churchill)

Thanks to all you hardworking modders.
Test Subject
#85 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 11:28 PM
Hi there,

I hope this hasn't been asked before but havin gone through the thread quickly I can't see it anywhere.

I downloaded this because Sim File Maid won't work on my new computer which has Vista. It installed however when I try and run it it says 'a problem caused the program to stop workin correctly'. It then won't run as Windows keeps closing it down. Any ideas? What am I doing wrong?

I'm really keen to put my (many) downloads into my game!

Thanks
Test Subject
#86 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 7:20 PM
Thank you. It works like a dream for me. Like others have mentioned, I was also having problems with Sims File Maid 2 recently.
Test Subject
#87 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 1:04 PM
i downloaded and installed this, but when i try to run it i get an error that says "the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). click on ok to terminate the application." any suggestions?
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissAndrea1
When i drag a file onto the lawn next to the robot, " Enqueued 1 items..." appears and doesnt go away, what is this? and is it normal?

having this problem to for a time... win xp here.

:)
Test Subject
#89 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 6:44 AM
I'm sorry but I can't seem to drag any files onto the lawn D:
What is happening here?
Test Subject
#90 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 10:35 PM
I have Vista on my computor and am also having trouble with this as well as my trusty Sims File Maid 2. Neither of these programs allow me to drag the files onto their lawns. Any ideas as to what my problem is?
Test Subject
#91 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 1:41 PM
I found that Sims File Maid 2 doesn't work on my Vista machine, so downloaded RoboFileMaid3000. This didn't work either, I couldn't drag and drop at all. I read Willowsmum's comment above and ran The Sims 2 and then exited. After this RoboFileMaid appeared to work fine, and all the items appeared in game.
Test Subject
#92 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 5:47 AM
You rock! I have wanted this program since I discovered that Sims file Maid 2 does not work with Vista. Thank you for your work on this, and many successes to come!
Test Subject
#93 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 7:12 PM
I got Vista a while ago and sim file maid 2 didn't work on it. I tried alot of different things for it to work but nothing did.
When I saw this, i downloaded it right away.
I had no problems downloading it but when I tried it, it wouldn't let me drop the files.
Then, i came here and read the posts. After reading willowsmum's post I ran the sims 2 then exited.
I came back to try and it didn't work, I still had the same problem.
Does someone know why it won't work?
Test Subject
#94 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissAndrea1

I have the exact same problem and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.
I have no idea what to do as I have all the requirements to use the program.
Can anyone tell me why it won't process the custom content that I want to put on my game?
Thanks
Test Subject
#95 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:21 AM
Which folder should I download it into? And where can I find it when I have downloaded it? Thanks.
Test Subject
#96 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAndrea1

I have exactly the same problem, is it meant to happen?
Test Subject
#97 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 6:48 PM Last edited by Zephyrzkingdom : 14th Sep 2008 at 7:13 PM. Reason: Figured out how to fix my problem on accident and a few other stuff
Quote: Originally posted by ilovesammy2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAndrea1

I have exactly the same problem, is it meant to happen?

I'm having the same exact problem. Help?

If it helps, I have vista. Yeah, I know, its craptastic.

Hey! I figured it out!! You need to tell it where your downloads folder is, otherwise it won't work. Go to 'change download directory...' and show it where your downloads folder is (ex. my documents/ea games/the sims 2/downloads) Try it again after you do that and it should process everything fine!
Also, if it comes up with an error message that has the title of 'Microsoft .NET' and has the options 'continue' and 'quit' (can't remember what the error says) that means the system had a sort of hiccup. Just exit the maid and select fewer files (I do at least 20 at a time) to upload. It may take longer, but it is a lighter load on the system.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 9:42 PM
just wanted to say thanks again for making this...you have helped me save valuable time when it comes to my downloads!!!!
Test Subject
#99 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 2:31 AM Last edited by Dec127400 : 12th Oct 2008 at 2:47 AM.
The Link to microsoft/downloads takes you there,but the Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 Redistributable Package(x86) does not work with Microsoft Windows Vista,I downloaded it went to install it then stopped I got a message it said:Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP 1,this product is not supported on Vista Operating System,you have to download Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Package 1 for Vista
Test Subject
#100 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simfangirl6
I got Vista a while ago and sim file maid 2 didn't work on it. I tried alot of different things for it to work but nothing did.
When I saw this, i downloaded it right away.
I had no problems downloading it but when I tried it, it wouldn't let me drop the files.
Then, i came here and read the posts. After reading willowsmum's post I ran the sims 2 then exited.
I came back to try and it didn't work, I still had the same problem.
Does someone know why it won't work?

I have a new computer with vista. I downloaded and installed the robo file maid, but whenever I try to open it, I get a message that says that it has stopped working. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, redownloading, running the game and trying again.... any idea of what I could do to make it work?
thanks!
Page 4 of 6