Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Rose Colored Glasses Went Out with the 70's- Default Replacements for Maxis Glasses

by Phaenoh Posted 7th Jan 2008 at 9:50 PM - Updated 3rd Mar 2011 at 5:51 PM by Phaenoh

125 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 115 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 3:37 PM
Thank you thank you thank you! These are great.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 5:03 PM
This is, in a word, BRILLIANT!! I long ago stopped scratching my head at EA/Maxis content (I was developing a bald patch.) The glasses were particularly offensive (Hello, 1988 and glasses that cover the better part of the cheek!) and unnecessarily fugly; I just didn't use them, ever. Hence, my super-race of Sims with perfect vision, and most of my sims were turned off by glasses... YAY! Now I can use them, for the first time, ever.

Thank you!

You know your god is man-made when he hates all the same people you do.
Test Subject
#28 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 5:17 PM
Wow, your work just gets better and better. This is something I wouldn't have thought of myself, if only because I use hardly any of the glasses in the game (because they look so bad!) But now, wow... Cassandra Goth and offspring have so many more choices! And I can have more Sims without perfect vision without cringing
Test Subject
#29 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 5:18 PM
Thank you sooo much, I hated these glasses ! Thanks again you made my day
Test Subject
#30 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 5:35 PM
OMG, you're amazing!!! Now my sims can be nerdy again!! *hugs*
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 6:50 PM
gotta love the nerds. i <3 geek

Thanks for telling me all bout how you hated them before, or that i made your day/year, or about your own Maxis sims. I really do like reading anything and everything you all have to say. Makes coming back from class just that much better.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 11:45 PM
PHAENOH, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR LATEST UPLOAD!!! Awesome job!
Test Subject
#33 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 2:25 AM
You, dude, are my new hero. This is so spiffy, I can't even describe it. <3
Inventor
#34 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 9:02 AM
These are great, I hardly used the glasses in game cause too many were tinted. I don't like to download lots of new meshes so these defaults are perfect for me

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Test Subject
#35 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 11:17 AM
Thank you. Really. What a great idea, I never used those ugly Maxis glasses... Well done! =)
Field Researcher
#36 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 1:39 PM
Everything has been said, I can only add a little of my gratitude... which is huger than you'd think!
Thank you so very much! I've been going crazy searching for decent glasses and boom! you come with these!
Thanks again! :King:
Field Researcher
#37 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 3:28 PM
THANK YOU ILU.
Theorist
#38 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 7:01 PM
BLARGHGHGHGHGHGHGHNYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!11!!one!!!!!onelittlellama.

(Or, thank you this is like totaly like WHOW!!!!111!!!)

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Test Subject
#39 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 7:07 PM
My sims never wear sunglasses, so these will definitely be used a lot more. Thanks so much for making them!
Scholar
#40 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 7:48 PM
OH MAH GAWD!!!

i whould have never thought of this! it is a must have! your still my fav creator on this site! woo! :D
Test Subject
#41 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 8:50 PM
i just wanted to tell you how much i love you for this i've wanted something like this for SOOOOOOOO long but i am hopeless at this sort of thing. you just made my day!
Test Subject
#42 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 3:26 AM
Yay!
I wear glasses and I thought it really dumb to only have one clear pair that weren't totally fug.
But these are great! Thanks Pae.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 4:38 AM
Oh my goodness, this makes me so happy! Like, you have no idea how happy! THANK YOU!!! :D
Field Researcher
#44 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 2:45 PM
Thank you so much for these! I love all your default replacements. Great work!
Test Subject
#45 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 5:46 PM
Oh, thank you. =) From now on I will use the Maxis glasses. I didn't use them either, because they just didn't look normal...
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 10:31 PM
I've adding in the men's Aviator glasses, plz redownload everybody, (unless you like them green of course!)
Forum Resident
#47 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 3:35 AM
you are my hero, seriously, this is the best download in AGES!!! you so deserve to be featured for this!

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by foolinthemoon
you so deserve to be featured for this!
lol, that is a nice idea, but featured items usually take a bit more than an hour's work. thanks for the comment though!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 9:07 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 29th Feb 2008 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Wow, in one genius moment you've now enabled us all to actually use the Maxis glasses without embarassment. My sim made after myself lacks glasses because my own are super-thin metal, oval, and matte brown, and actually fit my face without me looking...well, strange, I guess. Can't say the same for the first ugly, clunky plastic pair I got almost 20 years ago at the age of 10, which remarkably look like the Maxis originals, and I swore I'd never inflict my Sims with those. haha. Thanks!!
Test Subject
#50 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 11:23 PM
Thank you for doing this! I was using the same pair of glasses for my Sims, and they all looked the same! <3
Page 2 of 6