Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Rose Colored Glasses Went Out with the 70's- Default Replacements for Maxis Glasses

by Phaenoh Posted 7th Jan 2008 at 9:50 PM - Updated 3rd Mar 2011 at 5:51 PM by Phaenoh

125 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 115 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Test Subject
#51 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 11:52 PM
*swoons* This is something I've been wanting for ages. Thank you thank you! Now all my geeky Sims can finally vary their style. :D
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 6:57 PM
Perfect! I swear that I've been looking for these forever! I wear glasses and always hated the Maxis ones, mostly because of the colored glass. Lovely replacements. Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
lol, that is a nice idea, but featured items usually take a bit more than an hour's work. thanks for the comment though!

Actually, I second the idea that these should be featured - you might say it didn't take long, but if these are where everyone can see them all the time forever, you will continue to make lives better even more than before.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 4:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DUpheaul
Actually, I second the idea that these should be featured - you might say it didn't take long, but if these are where everyone can see them all the time forever, you will continue to make lives better even more than before.
Well, maybe a 'Top Picked' would be a happy medium, that still makes it a bit more visible, but I wouldn't be happy if this was the download that finally gets me featured. Feels too cheap/easy. I expect more out of Featured work (though brilliant this may be! :: smirks :: )

Thanks for the comments everyone!
Instructor
#55 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 7:15 AM
this is good, really good. i have had to hunt custom and maybe i hunted in the wrong places...but i generally found that either they are dead ugly or (wich for me is equal to ugly) "designer" glasses. i have had to limit myself to the odd two or three maxis that actually are decent. this promises goood for future sims

any chance u could convert male to go as female and vice versa? some of the male ones i would like to put on a female actually ...and it bugs me lots that the game is so...sexist (?). like why on earth no baggy top outfits for female!!! i use that a lot, and coveralls and and oh well

anyway...i wait in eager anticipation for what comes next from your busy little artist mind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gulhare
any chance u could convert male to go as female and vice versa? some of the male ones i would like to put on a female actually ...and it bugs me lots that the game is so...sexist (?).
I'll see, if its an easy conversion, I'll add it here, if it requires meshing and stuff, then no, sorry.

busy little artist mind
I like that
Test Subject
#57 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 12:23 PM
Thank you! I never use the Maxis glasses because they suck so hard, but yours are awesome! <3!
Test Subject
#58 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 8:11 PM
These are awesome! Thanks

"Who is more to be pitied: a writer bound and gagged by policemen or one living in perfect freedom who has nothing more to say?" Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

*DeElIcIoUs DiScOrDiA* Mmm Mmm Biatch!
Banned
#59 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 12:19 PM
At last my Sims can wear glasses!!! Thank you!
Instructor
#60 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 10:55 PM
Thanks a lot! I'll be using them much more now!
Test Subject
#61 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 6:08 PM
What a fantastic idea! Thank you so much for these, now my Sims can actually wear glasses

* I am not a smurf*
Forum Resident
#62 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 5:34 PM
How useful IS this?? This is so, so perfect. What was with the weird colored glasses anyway? Bizarre. But these are so great and eliminates the need to obsessively download new glasses because the Maxis ones suck. Thank yoou! <3
Test Subject
#63 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 3:34 PM
These are just awesome! Thanks!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 1:02 AM
Welcome welcome everyone!
Field Researcher
#65 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 1:37 AM
Another "What was Maxis thinking?!" issue fixed! I've always wanted to have more of my sims have glasses and now I can! Thanks!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#66 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 12:18 AM
THANK YOU!! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!! *hugs you senseless* I've made a clear-glass version of the last ones myself (and was I ever proud of myself for managing to change the tint of the glass ), but I haven't had the energy to even think about touching the others. *shudders* But now my Sims can actually use all the in-game glasses without getting strange looks from their neighbours, thanks to you!
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 6:43 PM Last edited by silo pixel & bean : 2nd Feb 2008 at 6:48 PM. Reason: clarity
Thanks for doing this!

I do like the original Maxis green lenses in your first screenshot, because they are THE definitive Lazlo Curious glasses. But I can just copy them off in Body Shop before installing your replacements. I'm 100% behind the rest of your glasses recolors -- they look great and will open up a lot more possibilities for my sims. Thanks again!

coming to you directly from the mothership/make my funk the p.funk
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 4:24 PM
Now I actually have a reason to use the Maxis glasses! Woo hoo!
To be honest, this download partially inspired me to stick glasses on several more of my Sims than usual.
So, thank you for fixing it! Ah. It's kind of relaxing to think of, really.
Test Subject
#69 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 5:43 AM
Thanks a lot for that! Very nice ! I am so putting this in my game Thank you for giving my sims something that'll make them look smart, not stupid !!

merci beaucoup!

PS You = Totally cool Ideas!
Me = Happily Downloading & Commenting & Thanking!
Day = Very good indeed!

LaGouLue, because I'm Worth It :)
Instructor
#70 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 5:54 AM
thank you for the aviator for women phae!
and as many have said..."ill use a lot more glasses from now" - i have! used a lot more glasses now :D
very many a lot more actually
they look so good, maybe the exception of the ones that had blue glass and silvery? rims (or whatever it is in english) they tend to look a bit blueish white wich to me looks odd
so i dont use those
the others have improved vastly in my opinion
keep it up work hard lol
Test Subject
#71 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 2:18 AM
These are great! Thanks!

It's the little things in life that make me happy.

And thanks to everyone out there, including here, who makes all the wonderful CC that I use. My game wouldn't be the same without it.
Test Subject
#72 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 12:39 AM
It was getting old making my brainy sims wear the EXACT SAME PAIR of glasses...in my opinion, they had only one good pair.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Test Subject
#73 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 9:43 PM
Hurrah for more sims with glasses Super great.
Instructor
#74 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 4:13 PM
hmm, those aviator for women didnt work that well for me

they sort of hang in the air a little bit in front of their face lol, looks very weird indeed.

thanks anyway, u did the effort at least
retired moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 7:36 PM
hmm, those aviator for women didnt work that well for me

they sort of hang in the air a little bit in front of their face lol, looks very weird indeed.

thanks anyway, u did the effort at least
I was afraid of that, apparently men and women need different meshes for their glasses. Thanks for letting me know. I'll take it down.
Page 3 of 6