Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Jetsons Neighborhood (7 Lots)

by StephSim Posted 27th Feb 2008 at 8:55 PM - Updated 6th Feb 2014 at 12:11 PM by StephSim

108 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 100 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Forum Resident
#26 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 9:00 PM
funny! amusing indeed! who are the jetsons? must be fun for sure!
thank you for sharing your hard work! good luck for the contest!
Theorist
#27 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 9:46 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 25th Mar 2008 at 6:38 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Quote: Originally posted by Alisar
funny! amusing indeed! who are the jetsons? must be fun for sure!
thank you for sharing your hard work! good luck for the contest!

Its (From Looking at :google A flinstones type family In the future. Totaly American Creativity There! ( AS A POSITIVE EVIL PHONE JACKERS! )

Love the buildings, Not my Type of sci-fi But downloaded anyway! Good Look!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Field Researcher
#28 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 10:24 PM
This is going into my next neighborhood! The Jetsons rock and so do you! This is awesome - I don't need to wish you luck with this one.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#29 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 10:35 AM
*jawdrop* Wow! This is absolutely amazing! I had high hopes for your contest entry (I'm a big fan of your bro's, so I've seen some of your awesome creations through him), but this goes above and beyond my expectations. Best of luck in the contest!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 5:39 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments! I appreciate the feedback and the kinds words. :D

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#31 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 1:43 PM
Wonderful !!!
Exactly what I needed for my lovely city in outerspace. But it seems businness furnished is a corrupt file, well, that's what keeps telling me WinRAR everytime i try to open it.
So......help me pleaaaase !

Perfect !...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 4:06 PM Last edited by StephSim : 13th Mar 2008 at 4:27 PM.
Thanks for letting me know. Just to make sure, if the other lots downloaded fine, try to redownload the FURNISHED BUSINESSES lot. Sometimes a file downloads quickly but NOT completely. If you were doing other things in addition to the download this often happens. So try to download it again and let me know if you get it to work.

I am in the process of checking EACH Furnished lot individually in my game. I will download and check the lots one at a time and update them if I need to. I already tested The Jetsons Apartment. As I do this, I will get back to you on the Furnished Business lot.
steph

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#33 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 4:31 PM
I redownloaded, but I still get an error message saying the end of the file is corrupted.
No problem with the other furnished lots. I'm gonna try them in my game now.
Thanx anyway Steph for such a quick answer.

Perfect !...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 11:17 PM Last edited by StephSim : 17th Mar 2008 at 10:34 PM.
You're welcomed.

Well...I was able to download the lot several times and place it in the game. However, I noticed that 1 floor of the Cogswell Building is not functioning correctly. It's almost like there are invisible walls everywhere. I will work to fix that problem. I may have to recreate that lot completely. I will test the other 5 lots first and get them updated, then I will return to the BUSINESSES lot and see what I can do.
--------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED 3-17-08
I removed the BUSINESSES lots. Deleted the corrupt version from my game. I created a new version (which I think is just as attractive). It has been downloaded, play tested and updated!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#35 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 7:34 PM
Wow!! This is incredible! Thanks so much for these!
Test Subject
#36 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 7:34 PM
Wow!! This is incredible! Thanks so much for these!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#37 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 7:50 PM
ahahhaha! How CUTE! a whole neighborhood set to play with! I LIKE!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 10:39 PM Last edited by StephSim : 17th Mar 2008 at 10:47 PM.
You're welcomed tcupam! I hope you enjoy the downloads!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
porkypine...
It really is a great neighborhood to play in. I'm thrilled that you like it! The design concept behind it kept growing and growing. I was obsessed with making each lot functional, cartoony and Simtastic in it's own way. It's a little different than my other downloads, but still something that challenged the limitations of Sim lot design! :D

steph

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#39 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 11:30 AM
Thank you steph for the IM and the update, everything works perfectly now.
Keep on the good work.

Perfect !...
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#40 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 9:52 PM
Aww, and you thought you weren't going to get a feature afterall.... surprise!

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Forum Resident
#41 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 11:26 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 25th Mar 2008 at 6:39 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
Aww, and you thought you weren't going to get a feature afterall.... surprise!

hahaha yaaaaaaaaay!!! congrats on the well deserved feature steph!!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 12:07 AM
This is so great! The colors are so...Jetsons.
I admire your creativity and focus. It took a lot of both to get this done, I'm sure.
I'm looking forward to seeing more of your creations, Steph.
Test Subject
#43 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 2:29 AM
WOW, I think that my mouth just hit the desk. Fantastic job and I can't wait to see them in the game. Now I just have to hope that my computer doesn't explode. :D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 3:06 AM Last edited by StephSim : 25th Mar 2008 at 3:13 AM.
Lodelic...
Glad to hear everything is working! I've updated ALL of my lots and hopefully they are all working! Now, I can focus on NEW things! Enjoy the lots!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tiggery...
Clever stuff the Feature after my little comment about being featured! If this wasn't featured, I would have lost all hopes of what it would take! I was thinking of giving my first born with my next creation! All in good fun! I appreciate the recognition for the talent behind the creations! My gratitude to you and everyone at MTS2 in general (especially my peeps).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laura,
Thank you GIRL! I value our friendship. It's actually funny how we both started together creating the same theme (Harry Potter). Most people would have become rivals because of it. We became friends. HOW COOL IS THAT! Seriously, your talent with architectural designs is nothing to sneeze at! I look forward to the BIG part of our project together! :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alyx,
Thanks for your comment. The creativity is internal and ever flowing, the focus was the hard part. I came up with ideas in my sleep! I will be taking a break at the end of the month from creating, but hopefully, The Gwyrich Project (under Deluxe Designers Inc. profile) and my Victorian London Project will be complete before my Sim Vacation. Either way, there are "many" lots to download under my profile both big and small, furnished and unfurnished, simple and fancy. There are little treasures for everyone if only you dare look! :D
Enidmaeve,
Thanks for the compliment. Ironically, this project would not have been half as interesting if my bro Jason Duskey didn't help me make the lot POP with the Jetson's Build Set we teamed to create. I think the ONLY way to see these lots are in the game. The pictures really don't give the full picture of how cartoony, yet wonderful it is to live among the Jetsons. It's so funny because I know many non Sci-fi MTS2 users probably haven't seen the Jetsons' lots. I guess everything old is new again! That's the power of The Sims.

Enjoy the lots everyone!

P.S.
Mr. Duskey (YES I SAID MR!)... This is a celebration of your talent as well as mine! Every download is a whisper of my gratitude to you for enduring my "picky" nature. My inspiration would not have soared had it not been for you!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 11:53 AM
This is awe some and thanks for sharing
Scholar
#46 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 12:41 PM
This is absolutely amazing! Definately deserves the feature!

Your work is beautiful, keep it up! Thanks for this wonderful neighborhood of buildings! :D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 4:01 PM
Joe,
You're welcomed! I hope you enjoy playing in the lots!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Fresh-Prince,
I appreciate the compliment! Enjoy the download(s)!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#48 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 10:53 PM
Wow, I've taken several screenshots and have fired them off to my non-simming friends and said "See the amazing things people can make with the Sims!" This is an outstanding demonstration of excellence. Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 11:08 PM
That's funny! That reminds me of something. When I was building one of the Jetson lots, a stranded door to door sales guy needed to use the I-net to get a contact number. When he saw the lot, he said, "What's this? Is there another Expansion Pack. I've never seen anything like that in The Sims before!" Reading your comment made me think of that. Thank you for the compliment. :D
steph

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#50 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 7:53 AM
The Jetsons was one of my favorite cartoons growing up, this is so great. thanks for the excellent job.
Page 2 of 5