Replies: 6336 (Who?), Viewed: 352433 times.
Page 254 of 254
Instructor
#6326 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 2:15 AM
I played the Grunts this session, Buck specifically.

Buck got promoted from Lvl 6 to Lvl 8 in the Law career, but now doesn’t have any interest in learning more skills. So, that might be as far as he goes in his career.

Tommy transitioned to a toddler, just as Jill gave birth to a green-skinned girl called Luna. General Buzz is probably rolling in his grave. Tommy was taught all of his toddler skills.

Buck proposed to Jill in front of a toilet; the epitome of romance.

They got married on Saturday after Buck came home from work. I got a little too excited with the decorating…

Jill took Buck’s surname, becoming ‘Jill Grunt.’ Tommy and Luna’s surnames were also changed to ‘Grunt.’

The wedding overall was chaotic. Too many sims were invited, so the lot kept lagging, and Jenny and Lilith weren’t getting on, nor were Lazlo and his niece, Venus; the latter pair got into a dust cloud fight and now consider each other enemies… Tank, Ripp, and Johnny behaved themselves for a change, though that may be because there was too many sims keeping them occupied.

Shortly after the wedding, Luna aged to a toddler and was promptly taught her toddler skills. Tommy transitioned to a child on Sunday.

I had a lot of this session. Here are the wedding pictures:

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Field Researcher
#6327 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 6:37 AM
This.......

My Graphics card is absolutely terrible.

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#6328 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 6:43 AM
Are you on Windows 10?

If you are, get this set up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0i...TheJessaChannel

Do what she says to do, but especially, the EmptyStanbyList thing.

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Field Researcher
#6329 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 7:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstained_black_lace
Are you on Windows 10?

If you are, get this set up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0i...TheJessaChannel

Do what she says to do, but especially, the EmptyStanbyList thing.

No, Windows 7

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Scholar
#6330 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 4:53 PM
In Crystal Springs, the construction crew spent their day off at King's Gardens. Unfortunately, a wicked witch showed up and released a load of roaches, which Mark insisted on stomping. Later that evening, he came down with the flu, and now the entire household has it. With winter approaching, they had hoped to get the shell of another house ready before the snow put a stop to outdoor work, but the whole lot of them are off sick and keep re-infecting each other!
Instructor
#6331 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 1:44 AM
This session, I was able to play two families: Singles and Tribal.

Singles:
Lola began to hope for her business career again. Other than that, she continued to be somewhat of a mother figure to Erie and even taught her to study.

Chloe only went to and from work. She didn’t really do much. She caught a cold, but she bounced back quite quickly.

Ratna also just went to work. Towards the end of the week, he finally began rolling wants for skills, so he also focused on that.

Kristen also focused on her career and caught the flu randomly. She recovered and continued on her road to the top of the Athletic career.

Erie transitioned to a child and was taught to study by Lola. She gets along well with Ratna and became BFFs with both Lola and Chloe. She has a high acquaintance relationship with her mother, Kristen.

Tribal:
Firstly, Johnny and Zidane got married, where Johnny took Zidane’s surname.

Johnny still wanted that job in the Music career but had no luck whatsoever. He looked in the paper everyday all week, however, the Music ad didn’t even appear once. He also reached his wits end with Tank, as he actually rolled the want to ‘Drink’ him… he doesn’t even own a cowplant. To add to the humour, he rolled it after lecturing Tank for breaking the sink when he entered the house uninvited. Due to not having any luck finding the job he wanted, he was pretty much a stay-at-home Dad.

Zidane made some progress in his career, which began when he rolled the want to practice charisma. He went from Lvl 4 to Lvl 6; the first promotion he earned fairly, whereas the second, he partially earned fairly; he needed to get a mechanical skill point, but he didn’t want one. Fortunately, a Downtownie called him, stated that he was the bosses cousin, and guaranteed Zidane a promotion. It was random. Zidane also kept bringing Sandi Bruty home every day, so now she seems to be a cherished family friend; she was even invited to the wedding.

James for most of his toddler life, played the xylophone, getting 4 points in creativity at a young age as a result. He also likes Tank and Tank seems to like him, despite the child being his enemy’s son and ¼ alien. He was begging the ex-military man for attention, which he was surprisingly happy to provide. James also transitioned to a child and was taught to study by Zidane. He is close to both of his dads, as they joke and play. He even hugs Zidane every time he returns home from work, which isn’t exclusive to this household, but… if it isn’t obvious, I love playing this family.

I’ll be onto Ripp and Meadow when I next play, which I think I saw in SimPE that Ripp wants another baby. I can’t wait for some reason

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#6332 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 1:51 AM
There were two developments in Tinsel Town-one expected, and one very unexpected:

Victor and Rebecca Shaw had a baby girl named Faye Eleanor Shaw, named after her late aunt and her paternal grandmother. Parents and baby are doing well. Daddy, though is still chasing women on the side, despite his devoted wife doing all she can to keep his interest.

Said paternal grandmother, Eleanor Shaw, aged 51, has now become pregnant shortly before becoming an elder. This might be very traumatic to her, as she does not want another child, but her husband, Alec, will be overjoyed at the possibility of having another daughter to spoil. He has been rather depressed since Faye's death, and nothing seems to cheer him up.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Scholar
#6333 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 6:16 PM
After a good night's sleep, most of the Crystal Springs construction crew were fit for work. No sooner had they arrived on site, however, than it began to snow. They kept working for a while, but by lunchtime it was coming down hard and there was no way they could continue. They split up: a couple of them went to the LeTourneau house to paint the second bedroom and lay down some carpet (Brandi had done the rest of it herself; she was so good, she was even offered a level-3 construction job by Marisa Bendett, but prefers the money she's making as a Criminal Mastermind), and the rest went to the Bruty house, where they got both bedrooms decorated and the kitchen and bathroom tiled.

Sandy and Brandi are both pregnant, with Sandy being slightly further along, so the help with fixing up the nursery was well timed for both of them.

(Those of you hoping to hear more about the Colony Drones at the Interspecies Experimental Colony: RL is a bit crazy right now and that hood deserves more attention than I'm able to give it, so I'm just playing the small and simple Crystal Springs for a bit. I'll get back to the Drones later.)
Top Secret Researcher
#6334 Old Yesterday at 5:18 PM
I finally got the service center almost fully set up for the start of the town in my Apocalypse Challenge in Riverview.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#6335 Old Yesterday at 5:48 PM
Crab (the bloke in the foreground on my avatar) and Twelfth Love Neighbour died, at the same time, and with them the first in-game born generation of Neighbours. Crab's last thought was of his twin, Crown, who had died not long before. Yep, now you'll be reunited and can play poker together in the afterlife. Coast, the roofless restaurant that only serves grilled cheese, got its fourth owner as Twelfth Love passed it over to his nephew New York Neighbour. Another nephew, Buddha Neighbour, moved into the oldie collective with his husband Brake. The founder, Neighbour Neighbour, wore a green beret as an old man that I gave to Crab when he got old, pretending it was the same one, and now I put it on Buddha.

Solito Neighbour found his house full of men, just like he likes it. He left briefly to on a date with a guy named Putte and then came back to fulfill his wish of wohooing five different sims with an old man named Oliver. With that he's a fourth into his ltw of having 20 relationships at the same time. I dig this guy as a romance sim so much. He's a super friendly chubby alien with a flamenco suit, slicked back hair and an unreal amount of swagger - I'd probably fall for him too.

Kennedy Neighbour found her at-home arts and crafts store failing (one dude minused one star because he got pissed she offered him a lower price...) and decided to close it, gather up her arts and craft stuff and outdoors furniture, and leave her oversized house to go live on a small, empty lot, sleeping under the stars and going to community lots for food. This might count as a midlife crisis. Considering downloading hunting spears for her, too.

After being kicked out of his own house for cheating on his husband with his mother's cousin (and half-sister's father), Espresso Neighbour still keeps coming around the house and inviting himself in as though he still lives there, which is fair. His nephew Link Larsen really likes him too so he's happy. Link's older brother Broadway Larsen and Espresso's ex-husband Ville Neighbour were also really keen on befriending the kid. Ville attacked Nessie Larsen, the other man in the cheating-drama, two times and lost both of them. After that they ate at the same table a couple times, watched tv together and now they're friends. Broadway and Savanna Larsen grew up to adults, their mum Andromeda to an elder, and later Link grew up to a teen. Ville got invited to an outing and brought Link with him to a nightclub. Apparently Andromeda was invited as well as she tagged along, in her pyjamas. She's gone on dates in her pyjamas before so at least it was on brand for her, even though unintended.

Roadnight and her son Monsoon Neighbour had a burglar come into their house. Luckily they had an alarm so nothing was stolen, although I had to sell that alarm eventually as it wouldn't stop beeping. Monsoon liked the money tree I got for his mum, so I made him a fortune sim once he grew up to a teen. I realized I gave Link the same hairstyle as Monsoon, but I guess there are trends among teens in Pleasantview too.

I am Error.
Instructor
#6336 Old Yesterday at 6:23 PM
I finally stopped procrastinating and got to building my custom hood's, Calabruhsas' beaches. Turns out it's a lot harder than just plopping down a beach lot and calling it a day, though that might be because I've seldom been to an actual beach that isn't Balaton. Is an actual waiter-host restaurant a good idea on a beach? Well Mimi Landgraab will find that out as soon as I actually create her and have her start operations.

On another note, I have come to the conclusion that I'm just gonna use downloaded lots to build some parts because holy hell is it time-consuming to build things. I even resorted to copying some houses to make the hood feel less empty. Serves me right for using the Desiderata Valley template, I guess.
Field Researcher
#6337 Old Today at 1:12 AM
Alexandra O'Mackey is about to go on a date with General Buzz Grunt, we'll see how that goes.
Page 254 of 254