Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Trottco 27" and 14" MultiPlace IV *Portable* Televisions

by Numenor Posted 28th Mar 2005 at 10:45 AM - Updated 26th Dec 2008 at 3:27 PM by -Maylin-

134 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 132 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Instructor
#51 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 9:13 AM
Oh i love the cute little TV. Thankyou very much.
Field Researcher
#52 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 12:26 PM
i'm grabbin' the 14" inch for a few of my kitchens. thnx!
Field Researcher
#53 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 1:38 AM
Great TV's, thank you so much!
Field Researcher
#54 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 12:20 PM Last edited by TheSims2Master : 16th Apr 2005 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Oops, forgot to say it is only these tv's, everything else deletes from my game easily.
Numenor! I seriously think you should fix the bug I am having with *both* tv's! I can't delete them once placed! I click and click and press delete on the keyboard and all but they don't delete! I ahve clicked about 500 times now but nothing happens.

Please help/fix this problem!

Oh btw it is just these tv's, every other object that I have chosen to test with has been deleted easily.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 1:15 PM
I had this problem, too, sometimes. I've looked for a "clean" solution but I couldn't find it. So, I use this workaround: pick the TV you want to delete, place it anywhere on the ground, then pick it up again and hit Delete. It works for me.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 4:32 PM
Thanks, but it doesn't work for a while, just gotta click like 50 times Also while reading back up the thread I realised this had already been answered so sorry :D
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 8:06 PM
That is great and thanks for sharing, now that the Trottco engineers have figured out how to detach, is there away for them to look into doing that with the CAS file object?
Test Subject
#58 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 3:47 PM
Thank you!!
Forum Resident
#59 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 8:07 AM
Thank you for these I love these would love to recolor these...I like white for my black and white Lots... LOL...My computer crashed bad so I had to redownload all the object meshes etc. Cause I did not save them on CD's forgot to...But I do have the files unzip and rared on CD's...What a job to get everything back at least I know how to fix my computer if crashes again I have a dell first time I had a big problem I paid it off 2 months agao and It took me a year to pay it off. I rented to own...Anyway I realy like the Dell cause it is very eaisy to fix with XP windows I had to reformat it. Now It is fixed and runs totaly better some stuff form other programs I got rid of did not completly uninstall so it crashed I did something wrong through my XP dos that crashed it... I thought it was someones upload mesh that did it I did a registery I thought would help fix DirectX through Microsoft...Well I have the latest newest DirectX now and it passed through due to something I downloaded before the Sims2 Bodyshop came out... It was a program to stay away from it ruins the computer.. I say thank you for these again!!!
Field Researcher
#60 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 5:11 PM
Awesome! Thank you so much. I like the guy's disgusted reaction... XP
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 4:26 PM
Terrific work!! I respect you!
Scholar
#62 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 1:10 PM
What what fun I will have with these! Thanks
Field Researcher
#63 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 8:46 PM
Your Makings are good always, so i'll test it tonight and i'll get back to you,...
I have a lot of admiration for your work, btw, the large windows work good also, or am i not alowed to tell you this here?
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 7:03 PM
Numenor - the way you wrote up your description is very amusing. I enjoyed reading it. Also, excellent job!
Scholar
#65 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 5:54 AM
These work and look great in my game. I have them in several homes and have had no problems. I know I am slow at getting back to thank you, but my game is so much fun with all my new stuff. Thank you so much!

Teresa
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 5:57 AM
Ok I was too tired to read all the posts on pages 2 and 3 but.......must repost that I was unable to sell back or delete the tiny white tv (so it's still in my sim's kitchen). Anyone else have problems getting rid of the wonderful tvs?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 8:06 AM
Try this: pick the TV, place it on the ground, pick it again and sell/delete it. It should work this way.
Some users have reported that they had to use the "move_objects on" cheat in order to delete the TVs.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#68 Old 3rd May 2005 at 2:14 AM
I place the files in the downloads folder and I can find them there, but the TVs do not show up in my game. I'm having this problem with a few different electronic items. The only other one I can think of off the top of my head is the sterio for the Build Your Own Entertainment Center. Any idea of why this is or how I can fix it.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 3rd May 2005 at 9:24 AM
Try and temporarily remove the other objects that you may think would interfere with the TV and see what happens.
I don't think there is a conflict with the Entertainment Center: I have helped Saiz08 with building them and I know those packages were built correctly. Maybe there's something else...

Do you have SimPE or the Clean Installer? Try scanning the download folder in search of a duplicate GUID.
Test Subject
#70 Old 5th May 2005 at 11:11 AM
Looks great, but is it EP ready?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 5th May 2005 at 1:34 PM
Of course it is! SimPE adopted the EP-ready format many "versions" ago, so basically all the recently created objects conform to that format.

Anyway, if you are in doubt, look at the title of the threads: now all the creators must declare what format they use for their objects in the title.
Inventor
#72 Old 7th May 2005 at 2:11 PM
Default thx!
thanks! this is a really good tv( i only have the 14"), finally i an have a tv on my mini-fridge in my dorm.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 9th May 2005 at 12:37 AM
Again, this is perfect......can someone build a monument to Numenor for my new Sim religion? LOL
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 9th May 2005 at 10:15 PM
wow. these are great! it should be very cool in the college dorm rooms! thanks!
Scholar
#75 Old 10th May 2005 at 1:31 AM
You did an incredible job on these TVs, thank you for sharing them.
Page 3 of 6