Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 9:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Gravestones — Can't Select
I'm having an issue similar to the one described in this thread here. Unfortunately the thread doesn't have any closure regarding if they were able to fix the issue, so I'm posting here.

My problem: I am playing a sim family where a sim passed away. There was no issues with the death, no jump errors or other issues. The problem is that I am unable to click on gravestones / urns—instead I get the red stop symbol with "There are no actions available." With testingcheatson, there is no error when hovering over the graves either. There is simply no option at all to mourn or move to another lot. I'm usually able to figure out these things myself with enough poking and digging, but right now I'm kind of stumped.

I play with a lot of mods, so that was my guess for the first possible culprit. Removed all of my mods, even tried removing all of my buy mode CC and all of my build mode CC just to be safe—no fix. I've ran the hack conflict detection utility too, searching for anything that might conflict involving graves. Nothing there either. Does anyone have any further suggestions or has possibly ran into this issue too? I know it's not a huge deal, but I'd still like to fix it anyways. I've literally removed all of my files and the issue is still persisting.

Thanks for the help!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 11:35 PM
I have never discovered why I had this. I not only removed all CC from my game but also from my installation files in the bins. Didn't help. Then one day it started working again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would check that your anti virus can't read sims 2 files or one drive -I am suspecting one drive that I disabled later for other reasons.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 1:12 AM
Thanks for your reply, Jo! I was actually hoping you might see this in hopes you'd found a solution to it. I've literally tried taking out all sorts of stuff—same as you, even taking stuff things out of my bins hasn't had an impact. Glad to know it started working again though, so maybe I'll just have to be patient. I know I can still move gravestones through the inventory, and that was my main concern anyways, as I'm wanting to populate a cemetery I built.

I'll try fussing with my anti-virus though and see if that helps. Thanks!