Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#176 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 5:31 PM Last edited by grammapat : 23rd Apr 2013 at 5:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by rogue_55
Grammapat, Sandy hasn’t had her first baby in my game yet. If she has a girl, I am going to name her Cocoa. ...
Peni, I gave Valentine Hart regular glasses because I like to see my sims’ eyes. Those are the only changes I have made so far. I have only played through one day with each family so I’m not very far into the story yet. I took a lot of pictures though and most of them turned out pretty good. I would like to post some of them on your tumblr, but I’m not sure where to start. I have never been a part of a tumblr before. Do I need to make one of my own first?

Love your names! "...like to look at their eyes" - what eyes? The dominant features of this inbred town seems to be tiny eyes and huge honkers.
"tumblr" is a scary thing to me, for sure. But then, I keep having to re-discover how to use Photo Bucket. I would like to blame my advanced years: dang new-fangled contraptions!

[QUOTE=The basic principle of figuring out SimPE, though, is Back Up Your Game and Poke Around. Just don't let it intimidate you. It's kind of like this site - overwhelming because there's so much of it, but simple enough once you pick a small area and get to know it.[/QUOTE]

My kind of tecno-geek advice: Back up Your Game/ Poke Around

I try to pick names that sound like they are actual names, but some of the names from the link are to LOL: Mooloolaba ?!

Oh Oh I just read some posts in "Stupid random questions" about missing sims causing Bad Things, maybe due to character errors (or possibly CC - but that seems to be the stock answer to everything). I'm wondering if Dayton'a character file could have been damaged in transit...?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#177 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 6:12 PM
I've had files corrupt in download before, but I sure hope not, because there'd be nothing you could do about it except redownload and start over; and that's a lot to do if you don't know for sure. And I don't know how you'd be sure that was the problem.

Run the HoodChecker, see if it gives you any useful information. Ignore references to Skye's memories - that's just because the PT hadn't spawned when I gave him a "met aliens" memory, and it doesn't indicate stray bits of shredded character lying around.

New learning is harder and harder as we age, because it's progressively harder to create brand-new synapses. The advantage, however, is that you've got lots of well-worn tracks in your synapses, and once you recognize that this new thing is really analogous to some old thing you've already done a hundred thousand times, you can use one of them. (Seriously, that's real brain science!)

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#178 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I've had files corrupt in download before, but I sure hope not, because there'd be nothing you could do about it except redownload and start over; and that's a lot to do if you don't know for sure. And I don't know how you'd be sure that was the problem.

Run the HoodChecker, see if it gives you any useful information. Ignore references to Skye's memories - that's just because the PT hadn't spawned when I gave him a "met aliens" memory, and it doesn't indicate stray bits of shredded character lying around.

New learning is harder and harder as we age, because it's progressively harder to create brand-new synapses. The advantage, however, is that you've got lots of well-worn tracks in your synapses, and once you recognize that this new thing is really analogous to some old thing you've already done a hundred thousand times, you can use one of them. (Seriously, that's real brain science!)

Hood checker? {hides under desk}. "well-work track"? unfortunately they look like muddy wagon ruts. If you refer to perseverance...well yes. Oddly, I used to have a job that required lots of complex skills - which is a big reason why as soon as I retired I bought my first home-computer and my first game - SIM1). I did manage to use SimPE to geneticise {why isn't this word in the dictionary?} all my skins. But so much else (like figuring out posting pictures and links in various ways) just seems like more trouble than it's worth. Starting over would be more fun.

Scholar
#179 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
"...like to look at their eyes" - what eyes? The dominant features of this inbred town seems to be tiny eyes and huge honkers.

I wouldn't say the town is "inbred," I'd just say that the Harts are very friendly sorts :P

As Peni said, I named Sandy's twin girls Crystal and Glass -- there's a Crystal Beach and a Glass Beach ... I forget where -- and I named her and Hamilton's little born-in-game son Grover after a beach in, I think, North Carolina. (I'm glad I gave Crystal and Glass such similar names because they really are the most identical-looking twins my game has ever produced!)

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#180 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 12:57 AM
I'll cop to the huge honkers, but I wouldn't call the Hart eyes small; though I did manage to keep myself from giving anybody the full-on Freakishly Big Eyes that make Harris Hawkins of Drama Acres so terrifyingly adorable.
I had to make Rich's eyes tiny because of course the supervillain has to have beady, steel-gray eyes.

Mootilda's HoodChecker is a handy little tool, which allows you to clean up some (but not all) sources of corruption. And it's available here at MTS:
http://www.modthesims.info/d/456523

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#181 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 8:22 PM
I reinstalled, and happy about it. THIS time I made notes of all the info, and made a plan. In one long day of play (till 5am today!) this is what I did:
Created a Uni. hood (I already had made lots of lots, including secret society. Sent 6 teens there; today I'll move them to a dorm, and create some new students. I created 2 girl & 2 boy kids (one of them has no visible eyes}. Added my basic cemetery.

MANN: Rich is top of Crime career so why aren't they rich? Gave them money and rebuilt house. Rich & Junior wanted a dog; Rich wants to be in show biz, but I gave that job to the dog. Junior decided to man-up and marry Candy Hart; she wasn't happy about it, but she WAS happy about the money she was getting, and a husband she can control. She convinced her elder in-laws to retire (think "baby sitter") but wanted more income so she sweet-talked Jr into getting a job (architect). Lana picked out a horribly austere wardrobe for her, which she will obediently wear - until the baby's born. Maybe she'll be able to convince him all the men in her life are "just friends".

BEECH: also should be rolling in $. Redoing their house took HOURS! Sandy shamefully terminated her pregnancy by Rhett.

HART: With Candy starting a new life at the Mann house, and Goldy at college, Valentine & Rhett are free to live a swinging life. But the only income is Valentines $649 retirement as a "Hall of Famer"..!? that's NOT Hall of Fame $, more like Mascot. They are going to sell the huge house & buy a little drunken-bachelor pad. Wonder how long the money will last?

LAND: Mary, pregnant by Valentine, still sometimes thinks of marrying him, but then she thinks better of it; she could manage to live with him in poverty, she could even suffer the indignities of a faithless husband (if she could even get him to marry her!). But people are starting to talk about his drinking; not the proper home for a child. And she wants nothing more than a child; she may have to stay in her family home, but she will be a good mother. Dixie and River have both gone to college, and the two kids are happy that 4 new (if a bit strange) kids have moved into the little town. Mary doesn't have any big plans, but who know what life will bring?

WEISS: Sky never got over his fascination with the stars - till he was killed by a satellite. Then Woody went to college; with his desires to learn (especially about girls) he'll do well. On the other hand, Penny is pregnant with a child she never wanted, has no job and only $23! She dismantled the top 2 stories, and had a garage sale. She had heard about Valentine's money problems and hired him as her cashier. By the end of the first day she had made over $10,000 for her old junk! But in her condition it still took her 3 days to sale most of the stuff. She "entertained" a house full of shoppers by having a baby boy; she named him Hartless, and immediately adopted him out. She closed down the business, and as she was dismissing Rich he wondered what had happened to his grandson! But the baby-daddy had been there all along and couldn't care less; he just kept coming on to her. Just as she was about to chew him out, he started to complain; "You rat!" she yelled - but he just laughed at her. She got a new "special" look; but she's still grieving over her dad - things are happening so fast. After just a bit of remodeling, she's almost broke. She needs a job - something to do with science, and aliens; something fitting for someone as special as she is!
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#182 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 9:48 PM
Geez, how rich do you want? They could buy every community lot in town! That's a good look for Penny. (Poor Penny, poor Skye. Poor Rich sublimating his ambitions onto the dog!)

Playtesting to make sure pregnancies don't break in the subhood version, I just had something new in the Hart household - Goldie blew off school to go out in the backyard to drink with Rhett! I'm also wondering if I may be seeing an indicator. In the playtests in which Valentine's first action is to go out back and drink, he behaves much like the hardened seducer and dirty old man I originally conceived him as. In the ones in which he leads by interacting with Candy, his seems to be inclining more toward the gallant sexual mentor of my full game or the diabetes-inducing sweetheart of Aegagropilon's. Today, to save playtest time (because the pregnancy controller isn't set till the pregnant lady is played) I had Valentine call Mary, propose to her, and move her in, and he didn't quite go into aspiration failure. (On the downside, he wants to dance with Cassandra Goth and fall in love with Penny. No, Val, not even in playtest! Get somebody else to do that for you!)

I'm a little proud of the Harts. I thought Junior was the character most balanced on a pinpoint and ready to be tipped in any direction, but in practice the Harts seem to have the most flexibility and capacity to surprise.

Mad Poster
#183 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 4:55 PM
I've sent 5 teens to college, and created some friends:
Pooter Longly, Ivan Adrinky, Bozo Afar (maybe he wants to be Captain Spock), Eng Landish {a girl I had in mind for Scott Land - how doesn't like her!}, Hasty Pudding (boringly normal), and 2 aliens - Shooshe Snickelfart and Nadia Wise.

Woody has found someone even weirder than he is. But she's so beautiful he's shy about approaching her. And then he couldn't get her attention, she seems to be in another world, reading her own palm.

Most of them have distinctive looks: I will actually try to post bigger, better pics of them.
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#184 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 4:57 PM
Peni, I went ahead and made a Tumblr account. I was able to use the same user name that I use here, so you will know it’s me when I post my pictures. I couldn’t find a link to Widespot and friends, but I was able to find it by searching “Widespot and Friends” in google. I posted one photo of the Weiss family. I decided I should probably only send one picture for now until I know that I am doing it correctly. Please let me know if it went to the correct place. As soon as I get an OK from you, I will post more of my photos.

Grammapat, your “what eyes?” comment really made me laugh. Thank you for that. I have been under a lot of stress lately and I really needed a good laugh. Now that you have seen the photo of Valentine Hart without his sunglasses that Peni posted, you have to admit that he has reasonable sized eyes, though. I took a pretty good photo of him playing chess. He has this smug expression on his face that wouldn’t be the same if he was wearing the sunglasses. I wanted to post the picture here, but I don’t know how to do those hider links. If someone can please explain to me how to do it, I will post the picture later.

I haven’t played lately, but I plan on playing very soon since I have a day off from work. I still have to move all of the sims in the family bin into houses, but I’ll probably wait until after all of the sims who are currently pregnant have their babies. I kind of feel like building though, so I think I will at least build a house for the Newsons. I added Academie Le Tour University, a downtown area and all of the vacation destinations. Goldie Hart brought home one of the vacation townie teens from school the last time I played.
Mad Poster
#185 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 5:04 PM
[QUOTE=rogue_55]

Grammapat, your “what eyes?” comment really made me laugh. Thank you for that. I have been under a lot of stress lately and I really needed a good laugh. Now that you have seen the photo of Valentine Hart without his sunglasses that Peni posted, you have to admit that he has reasonable sized eyes, though. I took a pretty good photo of him playing chess. He has this smug expression on his face that wouldn’t be the same if he was wearing the sunglasses. I wanted to post the picture here, but I don’t know how to do those hider links. If someone can please explain to me how to do it, I will post the picture later.
QUOTE]
I asked about the "hider links" or spoilers and got great advice. I sure can relate about the stress: I just got over the pain of getting temporary caps on all my lower teeth a week ago. Still can only eat soup; oh well, I need to loose weight. And yesterday I had ANOTHER! cancer surgery on my nose (all those sun burns at Huntington beach as a teen - only a Sim will understand). Am immersed in the pain-numbing effect of Simming (and MIND numbing too, I'm afraid).

P.S. I've also made some kids (there was a shortage), and made one of them with "no eyes".

Mad Poster
#186 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 5:43 PM
To post a spoiler, type the word in square brackets, put in the image code for your picture(s) and any text you also want to hide, and then type /spoiler inside square brackets. Generally speaking, all html code works like that - the code in square brackets to turn it on, the same code with a slash in front of it inside a second set of brackets to turn it off. The reason grammapat's quote didn't format properly above is that the second open bracket and the slash got accidentally deleted.

By all means post as much as you like. Tumbler and photobucket don't seem to be talking to each other, so I had to post the link rather than the image code when I published it, but you should be able to upload directly from your computer to the website. We can experiment.

I love that pic of Valentine in his half-rims, btw.

Feel better, grammapat! Sun worshipping in youth comes back to haunt us in our mature years, I'm afraid.

Mad Poster
#187 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 6:59 PM
I'm slogging through Gadwin directions, getting frustrated at everything ("splash screen"?, "hide icon when capture"?0God. So I went to MTS Creator Guidelines and it's ALMOST as bad! I think I'll just go play with my dollies...no, no I'll miss some one-chance pictures that I can only capture with screen shots or "C". Crap, I off to drink some hot water. Right after a trip to see what others are doing with my new favorite families in WIdespot!

Mad Poster
#188 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 7:35 PM
I had to learn to use screenshots to submit, but for personal use I've always found the camera tool in the game adequate. Everything I've posted to tumbler or the picture threads is off my game camera. Sure, I don't always get things lined up perfectly and I almost always slice off the tops of their heads, but I've improved over time. So will you. When documenting the game makes playing a chore, stop documenting, I say.

Field Researcher
#189 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 3:13 AM
Grammapat, I hope you feel better soon. I’m glad that you have the Sims 2 to distract you. It’s my very favorite distraction. Does the child you made really have no eyes, or are they just really, really small? lol

I built a house for the Newsons and it took me four hours and that was without fully furnishing it. After that I decided that I wanted to play, so I played the Weiss family for a while. I played until Penny had her baby. She had a baby girl. I named her Star. Star has her daddy’s skin tone, and her mommy’s alien black eyes. She’s so adorable. I’m going to try to attempt to post a picture of Penny and her daughter with one of those spoiler links. I want to apologize in advance in case I do it incorrectly.

Peni, I’m sorry about that. I had no idea that photobucket wasn’t cooperating with tumblr. I did try posting only one photo, but I had to use a link to post from photobucket. I couldn't figure out any other way to get the picture from photobucket to tumblr. I probably did it incorrectly. I’m glad you got to see the other pictures as well though. From now on I’ll just post them from my computer. Thanks also for explaining how to post the spoiler link. I’m going to try it now.

Mad Poster
#190 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 6:44 PM
Thanks Peni; I still need to find way to enlarge pics.
Rogue: And thank you for your concern. I need to take a close picture of the "eyeless one" - hope it will show with these little snap-shots.
Need to organize story, and try to make album in photobucket (which I used to be able to do, but it's not working the same way). In the meantime here's this:
First kisses for 3 kids in college, and 1 whoo hoo. Nobody's paying any attention to actual COLLAGE stuff. Virginia and Goldy go on an all night party-place crawl, Virginia gets bombed and they visit the Campus clinic, where Virginia sees a counselor ("Boy, it's midnight and this place is packed!"), while Goldie gets a serious face overhaul (which she will come to regret). Drunk-as-a-skunk Virginia thinks this is a sweet idea, and tries her (shaky) hand at some do-it-yourself work. I can hear her now "Thanks a lot 'God', now I have really big eyes and an even pointier chin". It's morning by the time they get home, and Virginia finds she has missed Freshman finals {which I did NOT see a notice of in the Community lot }
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#191 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 4:44 PM
I find, running all these playtests, that the empty neighborhood story pop-up bothers me more and more. I originally didn't do one because I didn't want to push players towards any particular interpretation of the characters. But now I lean toward cobbling together some of the development pictures into a montage pic for each family, even if I don't use any text.

I'm also wondering if I should load an older version and go back and get a few more pics showing the status quo from before Angel's death, the moment that puts all the plots in motion. Valentine following Angel around to romance her (they were freaking adorable), Lands and Weisses visiting, Daytona and Sandy arguing, that sort of thing. It's the kind of thing I'd want as a consumer, myself; but each jpg is pretty data-intensive and the neighborhood barely compresses below 10 MB now. And it'd be a fair amount of work to do for something only I care about.

So anyone who has an opinion on that, feel free to speak up.

Grammapat, if you open the game camera options (.../camera option) in HUD, you can check to see what size and quality your snapshots are saving at. I have them saving Large and High Quality these days, and that's all I need to get at least a few usable pictures in a visible size.

For sharing them larger, you'll need to figure out which of the tags at photobucket is the code for sharing images on newsgroups. I haven't used photobucket since the "upgrade" (Dear heaven, how I hate upgrades and their tendency to take away stuff I was using in favor of stuff I'll never use) so I don't know where to look or what they're calling it, but there should be little boxes with blocks of code in them somewhere on the photo's page, and one of them will do the trick. If you can't figure it out by looking, make a post, copy/paste a block of code onto it, and look at the preview tab. If you can see the pic in the preview tab, it's the right code! Once you find the right box, you're home free until they upgrade again.

I always get the five-hour notice for finals on community lots; can't imagine why you didn't.

Field Researcher
#192 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 9:12 PM
Peni, I like your idea. Those other pictures would be nice. However, I understand why you wouldn’t want to do all that work unless you get more interest in it. The way you describe the part about Valentine and Angel sounds really sweet though.

Grammapat, I hope the advice Peni gave you on making the photos larger helps you. I'm looking forward to seeing your eyeless child. lol

I played the Land and Mann families yesterday. I played the Land family until Mary had her baby. She had a baby girl and I named her Ira. Poor Beulah just got home from work shortly after the baby was born. She barely had enough energy to cheer for the new baby. I had to send her to bed right away before she passed out on the floor. Dixie wanted a cell phone, so I sent her downtown to buy one. She met the blond haired goth boy who is related to the Tricous. He threw a water balloon at Dixie inside the store. I had no idea sims could start water balloon fights indoors. Dixie wasn’t too happy about it. The poor girl started crying. River is going to grow up to a teen the next time I play their house. I’m not sure which aspiration to give him. Before I get to the Mann family, I thought I should mention that Mary got a want to get engaged to Junior Mann, so I locked it. I figured since I was playing the Mann family next I would have Junior propose to her.

At the Mann house, most of my focus was on Junior since I was trying to get him into a better mood. He was starting to go into the red. He wanted to earn a cleaning skill point for some reason so I had him do that first. The next thing was to have him invite Mary over and ask her on a date. The first thing Mary did after Junior greeted her was head straight for the hot tub. Of course Junior followed her. I’m sure Mary couldn’t wait to woohoo now that she wasn’t pregnant anymore, well at least for the time being. After they got out of the hot tub I had Junior ask Mary on a date. Junior was really starting to get hungry at this point. I had him call a taxi and he had just enough time to use the restroom before the taxi arrived. They went to the One Twenty Five Café. I wanted to have Junior propose to Mary after they ate, but the timer was running out. He was so hungry, but I knew the proposal would extend the date so I made him propose first. Luckily the waiter was standing near the table waiting to take their order after Junior proposed. After they ate, Junior asked Mary to come back to his house. They went to his bed to woohoo. After Mary woke up he ended the date, kissed her goodbye and Mary went home. Later, Junior used one of the many computers to find a job. Luckily, a job in the Oceanography career was available, so he took it. I posted one of the pictures I took of Junior proposing to Mary on Peni’s Tumblr. I’ll probably do a big wedding for them if all goes well. I want to wait until after Mary’s daughter grows up to a toddler. Rich and Lana seemed to have a nice time together. They spent the entire day together until Rich had to leave for work. I had each of them drink a dose of elixer of life because I want them to be around longer.
Mad Poster
#193 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 3:37 AM
So anyone who has an opinion on that, feel free to speak up.

Grammapat, if you open the game camera options (.../camera option) in HUD, you can check to see what size and quality your snapshots are saving at. I have them saving Large and High Quality these days, and that's all I need to get at least a few usable pictures in a visible size.

For sharing them larger, you'll need to figure out which of the tags at photobucket is the code for sharing images on newsgroups. I haven't used photobucket since the "upgrade" (Dear heaven, how I hate upgrades and their tendency to take away stuff I was using in favor of stuff I'll never use) so I don't know where to look or what they're calling it, but there should be little boxes with blocks of code in them somewhere on the photo's page, and one of them will do the trick. If you can't figure it out by looking, make a post, copy/paste a block of code onto it, and look at the preview tab. If you can see the pic in the preview tab, it's the right code! Once you find the right box, you're home free until they upgrade again.

I always get the five-hour notice for finals on community lots; can't imagine why you didn't.

I WOULD like to see the "background" story.
Thanks for picture info; happy to hear that snapshots or "C" will work Ok (I downloaded a "capture" program that I can't figure out). Upgrades - yes that is the problem I'm having with photobucket. At one time I knew how to use it and made extensive notes; then they "improved" things and I can't figure ANYTHING out! And the missing college notice was odd --wonder if I missed it, being so involved handling 2 drunk college girls with ACR in their veins! I'm actually taking it out for the next college round, as I've already set up "couples" and don't want to see them in some background shot having sex with just ANYONE!

Field Researcher
#194 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 4:18 PM
I played the Hart and Beech families last night until Candy and Sandy had their babies. They both had girls, so now I have Sweet Hart and Cocoa Beech. Rhett Hart got a job in the culinary career. Goldie Hart finally finished her homework. I changed Candy and Goldie’s hairstyles and I gave both of them some custom makeup, nail polish and jewelry. I left the men’s hair as it is because I like their hairstyles. I actually like Goldie’s hairstyle too, but she looked too much like the University cheerleader in my Pleasantview and I couldn’t deal with it. I had to change her hair and clothes before she decided to start gerbitsing everyone to death. I’m going to send Rhett downtown to buy some new clothes as soon as he earns a bit of money. Sorry Peni, but that blue suit he wears is hideous. Don’t worry; I’ll still give him something that fits his personality. I’ll probably get some new clothes for Candy as well, although her outfit isn’t that bad.

Hamilton Beech got a promotion at work, which is a good thing because it’s time for him to buy some new clothes too. I am leaving his hair as it is, because I like it. As far as I’m concerned, he’s the only one who can pull off that huge afro. I actually think Hamilton is kind of attractive. He looks really sweet when he smiles. I also left Rocky and Daytona’s hair as it is. I gave all of the ladies some custom makeup, nail polish and jewelry. I did a minor change to Sandy’s hair. I gave her the hairstyle as it is when she’s not wearing the hat. I always liked that hairstyle and I think it looks good on her. I also gave her some eyeliner that makes her eyes look even more like a cat’s eyes. I gave Virginia a completely different hairstyle and I had her go downtown to buy a cell phone and some new clothes. I also had her invite Woody over so they could hang out together. I didn’t mention this before, but when I last played the Weiss house, Woody had his first kiss with Virginia. OK, I’ll admit the real reason I had Virginia invite Woody over is because I think he’s adorable and I wanted to see him. lol

Here’s a picture of Woody serenading Virginia. I wish I could have taken a closer shot, but I almost missed it completely as it is.

Mad Poster
#195 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 5:02 PM
No need to apologize for not liking the suit, rogue - it's an awful suit! Remember I only had base game to work with, and Rhett's outfit just had to give off danger signals. What I really like on him is that leopard-print dinner jacket with the zebra-striped ascot...What can I say? The Harts are as high class as Elvis's hound dog.

D'aaaw, Sweet Hart and Cocoa Beech and Woody serenading!

It's official, all of the EPs reassign the father NID correctly! Use hacks, as always, at your own risk. It's game-with-people day, but early next week I can get Widespot RFD's submission thread started and it ought to go a lot quicker this time since I know what I'm doing and most of it should be a link to the existing upload - they'll be identical except in fiddly technical details. See tumbler for pics from the playtests. All I really had to do to playtest was open each house with a pregnant lady, unpause it, and save; but what fun would that be?

Site Helper
#196 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 6:18 PM
I would really enjoy seeing the backstory, even if it were a separate download and needed special handling to add it to the neighborhood.

It's official, all of the EPs reassign the father NID correctly! Use hacks, as always, at your own risk.
That's wonderul, Peni. Thank you so much for doing all of that testing! I'll add your results to the subhood tutorial.
Field Researcher
#197 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 8:02 PM
Peni, I know which suit you mean, and I can totally see Rhett in that. I was thinking of using one of those disco type nightlife outfits with the big collars for him though. What do you think? It might be a while before I play them again though. I want to get some of the sims from the family bin moved into houses now that all of the Widespot babies have been born. I’m about to play soon and move the Newsons into their new house. I think I will have the Goodies move in with them this time.

I’m glad to see that you are getting more votes in favor of your back story. I’ll look at your tumblr later and I will also post more of my pictures there as soon as I get them organized. Right now I need to play because I am addicted. lol
Scholar
#198 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 10:51 PM
I vote in favor of the backstory, too! I love Widespot.

Rhett's suit is fabulously cheesy, though the really cheesy suits don't arrive until the Nightlife expansion. (And I don't know about anyone else's Rhett, but the one in my game... I can just look at him and know he smells like a skeevy combination of bad body spray and b.o., especially during the summer months. He calls it his "natural musk" and claims it drives the ladies wild because it contains "pheromoans." Not pheromones, pheromoans. Penny backs up his theory -- to a point, and that point is "July" and ohgoddeodorantwon'tkillyou -- from an anthropological standpoint and Sandy just tries not to breathe too deeply around him.)

I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's pictures and reading their stories, and I need to figure out Tumblr so I can post more of my game's shenanigans :D

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#199 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 1:37 AM
Aegagropilon, I haven’t exactly figured out Tumblr either. I made my own account, but I haven’t done anything yet other than post pictures on Peni’s Widespot and friends. If you look at my Tumblr, you won’t see anything, because I haven’t set anything up for it yet. I guess at some point I should probably do something with it.

I was wrong about the outfit I am going to make Rhett buy. It’s not from Nightlife. It’s from Open for Business. Sanjay Ramaswami is wearing it in my Pleasantview neighborhood. Below is a picture of Sanjay so you can see which one I mean. I might use one of the other colors for Rhett though. I haven’t decided yet.

Mad Poster
#200 Old 3rd May 2013 at 7:55 PM Last edited by grammapat : 31st Jul 2013 at 5:36 PM.
Well, let me try this...

This is Birch Soggybottom, who I kept calling eyeless but he really ISN'T. And since (as an adult in CAS) I had messed with his forhead/brow area so much I didn't see much eye, I gave him red eyes. Well I thought I gave him red eyes; guess they were odd blue.

EDIT: just noticed pic is gone; been shuffling pics around in Photobucket. No, I won't fix it - You will have to read my Story!

Page 8 of 32