Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Auto Shorter Teens

by Menaceman44 Posted 16th May 2020 at 3:23 PM - Updated 1st Sep 2023 at 6:43 PM by Menaceman44 : Additional Info

295 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 214 Feedback Posts, 80 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 12
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th May 2020 at 3:30 PM
Oh wow, finally a working short teen mod! Thank you so much, this is awesome! I am always hesitant to use height sliders, so I think this will work great for me. Again thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th May 2020 at 3:43 PM
Amazing Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th May 2020 at 3:43 PM
Amazing thank you. can't wait to try it out.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th May 2020 at 5:43 PM
Love This! thank you! thank you! thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th May 2020 at 5:44 PM
I can already tell this is going to be a must have. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th May 2020 at 6:23 PM
I never thought this could be done, but you did it. Great job!

Edit: the only issue I can find is that every teen is flagged as using CC in the Gallery now, but I suppose it can't be avoided.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th May 2020 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spiderses
I never thought this could be done, but you did it. Great job!

Edit: the only issue I can find is that every teen is flagged as using CC in the Gallery now, but I suppose it can't be avoided.

Thanks for that. The Gallery was one thing I never thought to test since I don't really use it much myself. I guess it's because they are having a custom modifier applied to them. I best go mention on the main page.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#9 Old 16th May 2020 at 7:33 PM
OMG thanks!!! Just a question though, is your mod compatible with nivea's shorter teen preset? Just temporarily so I don't have to go back and manually edit all my teen Sims, I have so many of them in my game now LOL

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th May 2020 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
OMG thanks!!! Just a question though, is your mod compatible with nivea's shorter teen preset? Just temporarily so I don't have to go back and manually edit all my teen Sims, I have so many of them in my game now LOL

Compatible as in you can have them both in your game at the same time or you can apply both to a Sim at the same time?

Instructor
#11 Old 16th May 2020 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Compatible as in you can have them both in your game at the same time or you can apply both to a Sim at the same time?

As in having both in the game until this generation of teens become young adults. I hadn't thought about applying both to a Sim... could be interesting but I guess the animations could be wonky?

I test it :p

Test Subject
#12 Old 16th May 2020 at 8:48 PM
Hi,
at first, thank you for your mod, i have just reinstalled TS4 and this is exactly what i was looking for.

Just a couple of questions:

1) just in case, can the mod be removed safely without breaking the save if there are teens in game? will they be reverted to the default height automatically?

2) i noticed a small "bug" (see photo in the link below): the sims who are teens have now their character face icons smaller than the other sims, can this be fixed?

https://imgur.com/a/s738Ezk
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th May 2020 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
As in having both in the game until this generation of teens become young adults. I hadn't thought about applying both to a Sim... could be interesting but I guess the animations could be wonky?

I test it :p

Yes, both files play nicely together in the game. You can also apply both at the same time. You could even if you wanted, apply BOTH of NiveaSimsCC's presets on top of this mod. Ths results in VERY tiny Teens.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th May 2020 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FullMetalAlchemist
Hi,
at first, thank you for your mod, i have just reinstalled TS4 and this is exactly what i was looking for.

Just a couple of questions:

1) just in case, can the mod be removed safely without breaking the save if there are teens in game? will they be reverted to the default height automatically?

2) i noticed a small "bug" (see photo in the link below): the sims who are teens have now their character face icons smaller than the other sims, can this be fixed?

https://imgur.com/a/s738Ezk

1) If you remove the mod then Teens will simply return to the default height once they change outfits.

2) Nothing can be done about this I'm afraid. The position of the camera that takes the face pictures cannot be modded. At least, nobody has figured out how if it is possible. I personally find it of benefit since I can identify the Teens easier.

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th May 2020 at 9:15 PM
Oh, wonderful! I've always disliked that they've made teens essentially into younger young adults. While there might be occasional teens who are taller than their parents, they are usually a little shorter. This will add some great realism!

I'm going to presume that some CAS items in the hats category will no longer work correctly on them. I'm personally willing to live with that for this.

One question: What happens if this mod needs to be removed for a patch? Will the already existing teens stay that height when they age? Or will they automatically reset the height to normal at some point? (Like a reset or aging up.) (Edit: You've already answered this with the previous poster. Thanks!)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 16th May 2020 at 9:38 PM
works wonderfully thank you
Instructor
#17 Old 16th May 2020 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Yes, both files play nicely together in the game. You can also apply both at the same time. You could even if you wanted, apply BOTH of NiveaSimsCC's presets on top of this mod. Ths results in VERY tiny Teens.

Yes, tested in game and the result is a shorter shorter Sim, interesting. I didn't know NiveaSimsCC had two presets, I need to check that out LOL

Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 17th May 2020 at 12:59 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 17th May 2020 at 1:49 AM
AWESOME
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#20 Old 17th May 2020 at 1:54 AM
This is marvelous. Thank you. I've always wanted my teens to stand apart from the adults. I usually give them funky hair to make them easier to spot. Now I won't have to. I tried the height sliders and always had trouble with them. Either they wouldn't work at all or they threw LE's at me. This is great! Thank You!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 17th May 2020 at 1:55 AM
I never thought this could be done, Thank You so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 17th May 2020 at 1:58 AM
Super Dooper Tall Teen Pooper :-D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 17th May 2020 at 5:37 AM
Thank you very much!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 17th May 2020 at 9:09 AM
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH! Its modders like you guys that are the backbone of the game honestly yall listen to the players more than the developers ever do ;_;
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 17th May 2020 at 11:39 AM
You are my hero today. Enjoy your day!!
Page 1 of 12