Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 5:06 PM
Default Desktop Runs Extremely Loud During Gameplay
My desktop is very loud while running The Sims 4. It's not overheating, but it's LOUD. The sound of the fans spinning is louder than what I usually get when playing Planet Zoo. My desktop meets the recommended requirements. Even low settings make the PC run loud. For comparison, my laptop only meets the minimum requirements and is incredibly quiet and not hot at all.

Specs
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon RX 5700

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 5:38 PM
It's actually normal behaviour in modern gaming systems, I have dozen of machines that do exactly that, and several that don't because they are more designed for server machines or even general use laptops which are designed to run at at constant speed only under any load.

It's not really doing anything harmful but trying to prevent your PC from overheating which is actually good. You may be able to change your BIOS settings so the speeds of your fans run an a constant speed under any load. Or, simply block out the noise with a good noise-cancelling case, or simply do something so you don't hear the changes noise such as wearing headphones and keeping them loud as possible so you don't notice any change in fan speeds.