Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 11:26 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Neighborhoods .xml album files in different languages?
So, I was messing around with some files and trying to manually translate some neighborhoods I downloaded for my own use (specifically marka93's Sims Stories templates) and after translating Sim names and lots in SimPE to my first language I remembered that I needed to translate the storytelling bios as well. The problem is: I know the existance of a program that you can use to edit the neighborhood and family albums off the game, but what I am trying to do is create a "separate" biography that shows only in my language version. Kinda how SimPE has the Sim/lot names files in all different languages that exists in the game. I want to do it to translate the neighborhood template, so when the game generates the neighborhood template in my language or in english, it will have both different album descriptions.

When I was comparing the .xml files from all my existing Maxis neighborhoods, I found out code lines that appears with "en-us" only, not with "pt-br" which is the language I use, but the album descriptions appears in pt-br anyway. I just want to know if its possible to do that, and if it is, how could I do it. Thanks in advance

*sorry if this text has any kind of grammar issue, I hope it is still understandable.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 7:15 AM
Just a quick update about this:

I found where the storytelling bios are for the native neighborhoods of the game, but I wasn't able to found the custom ones (if this will be useful to someone, I'm not sure. But the path file to open the text files of it are in TSData\Res\Text\TextUI.package depending on what neighborhood you want to open)

I guess the custom neighborhoods have just its own .xml file and don't get a text file like this because it doesn't need to. I can edit it by the .xml file but it will just be like that in any language, I guess. Maybe there is a way for connecting the bios to a text file with the line codes of "TextResourceId" by creating one of these and them linking it to a file, but I don't know how to do it at all xD