Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#151 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 4:41 AM
Yes, Chris Hatch's school allows you to see and set up a school. It's an alternative to Simlogical's.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#152 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 8:16 PM
Sounds good and now I can see what my Sim Kids and teens are up to at school.

Prince Avalanche
Test Subject
#153 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 10:21 AM
Can you combine Chris and Simlogicals stuff? Like to allow a lot to be set as a private school and for them to wear unifomr but still be able to play it like simlogicals?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#154 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 12:49 PM
Well, you can set the uniform and send them off the school with Simlogical's, you don't have to play the school lot if you don't want to. Only it's prep school with hours 8-5 and no homework.

What does Chris' school mod do exactly?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#155 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 1:07 PM
What I would like is to have them wear different versions of the uniform, for realism. I have the uniform chooser, but struggling to make it work the way I want. Anyway. Right now I have the 'uniform' for each kid set as formal so I have them all wear formal at the school lot. Was just wondering if there was a way of doing it without having to use the formal.
Inventor
#156 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 10:42 PM
I was just about the download the PregControl+Miscarriage file but there's 7 different ones. Seems like everything in the 'alternate pregnancy controller' file are duplicates of each other (at least from my screen), how do I know which one I'm downloading is the correct one?

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#157 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 5:33 PM
There should be a text file that tells you which is the one you want. As so often happens, I don't have that one, myself, but I remember downloading it and there was a file that explains the differences. Only grab one.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Inventor
#158 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
There should be a text file that tells you which is the one you want. As so often happens, I don't have that one, myself, but I remember downloading it and there was a file that explains the differences. Only grab one.

There was only one titled 'instructions.odt' at the very bottom and it contains information about the mod. I downloaded the 'PregControl+Miscarriage' right above that one so maybe that's the Apartment Life one.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Scholar
#159 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
There was only one titled 'instructions.odt' at the very bottom and it contains information about the mod. I downloaded the 'PregControl+Miscarriage' right above that one so maybe that's the Apartment Life one.

I just came to ask the same question. It's very unclear what we need to download. @Primavera did the file seem to be the correct one?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Inventor
#160 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
I just came to ask the same question. It's very unclear what we need to download. @Primavera did the file seem to be the correct one?

I tried that one but it didn't work @Bubblebeam. I did find this thread Chris Hatch replied on. I tried that one on Brandi Broke, letting her motives drop, but nothing happened (she did die of hunger though). I should mention that I took out the hospital mod before I downloaded this one.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Scholar
#161 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 2:00 AM
I tried that one but it didn't work @Bubblebeam. I did find this thread Chris Hatch replied on. I tried that one on Brandi Broke, letting her motives drop, but nothing happened (she did die of hunger though). I should mention that I took out the hospital mod before I downloaded this one.

The file from that thread seems to be working for me (all EPs here). Keeping hunger just above zero, she had a near-miscarriage animation and several popups, though she did give birth normally by the end (maybe the chance of it actually happening is low?). I didn't take out the hospital files since the instructions mention they go well together. Maybe test it again without letting death by starvation kick in first?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#162 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 7:35 AM
I tried that one on Brandi Broke, letting her motives drop, but nothing happened (she did die of hunger though).

Nothing happened … Except for her dying! XD
Inventor
#163 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
The file from that thread seems to be working for me (all EPs here). Keeping hunger just above zero, she had a near-miscarriage animation and several popups, though she did give birth normally by the end (maybe the chance of it actually happening is low?). I didn't take out the hospital files since the instructions mention they go well together. Maybe test it again without letting death by starvation kick in first?

I kind of figured the hospital mod and this one worked hand-in-hand @Bubblebeam. I only played with the hospital mod once and I took it out before I started a new hood, therefore I didn't have it when I downloaded the miscarriage mod. I have the SimBlender so I can fake a miscarriage if I need to though

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#164 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 1:41 PM
I have managed to bork a mesh while playing around with it. Does anyone have the file: CJH-DefaultTeen+morphs?
Field Researcher
#165 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I have managed to bork a mesh while playing around with it. Does anyone have the file: CJH-DefaultTeen+morphs?

You find it here
Mad Poster
#166 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clsve
You find it here

Thanks!
Scholar
#167 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 3:40 PM
Mad Poster
#168 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 3:47 PM
Thanks!
Field Researcher
#169 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 6:12 PM
@Chris Hatch: Is there a setting in the pregnancy controller than can be modified in SimPE to remove the chance of miscarriage? I've been wanting to try it, but the miscarriage feature is just a little too realistic for me...
Scholar
#170 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 5:01 PM
I quite agree, that feature was put there by request and since I always keep my sim's motives (cheaty) high it doesn't effect my game. In the latest version it can be turned off via 'The Globe', if you download the TheGlobeHTM.zip (555kb) which is a .HTM file so it should open in your browser. It contains direct links to the files, to suit your needs you just want the globe itself and the updated pregnancy controller.
Test Subject
#171 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 6:09 PM
Chris, I'm having a problem with the globe. Whenever I activate the time controller, my sims stop aging and the aspiration bar never decays. This persists even if I take all cc out of my downloads folder. It affected the entire hood since I saved in one lot. I also tried going into an "unaffected" hood without any cc except for the globe and activating the time controller and the issue persists. I have backups of my affected hood so I can use that if I need to, but since I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem i wanted to know what went wrong with my game. Is there something else I need to do?
Scholar
#172 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 2:40 AM
My apologies for taking so long to respond, you are not the first to have this issue and I've been going through my archived PMs to try to find the cause and fix.
I couldn't find it but the issue is caused by the seconds getting out of sync. The game runs at two seconds per tick so the seconds should always be an even number, if the seconds become an odd number then zero seconds is never reached and sims only age at zero seconds (6pm, Zero minutes).

A temporary and sure fire fix is to download and install CJH_RobustAging.zip (0.4kb) which allows sims to age at either 0 or 1 second. I think (but I'm not sure) the fault was with the time controller CJH_TimeControllerV2.zip and re-downloading it may fix the problem.
Mad Poster
#173 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 2:44 AM
@Chris Hatch - I was the one with the issue, last year. I think it was the time controller that triggered the issue. Thanks again for looking into it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#174 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 9:29 PM
Re-downloading the time controller did it. I really liked this function and I didn't want to give up on it. Thanks a lot Chris!
Field Researcher
#175 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 7:04 PM
Is this a dumb question? I really want to get the Hospital stuff back and also the Skiing mod, but when I try to download from the list at the beginning of this thread, it only gives me options to Open With Notepad, Internet Explorer, etc. Usually it says WinRAR or WinZip, and I know what to do there, but not this time. Am I doing something wrong? Are they different kinds of files?
Page 7 of 13