Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 9:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default terrainType graphics issue
I can't see where to post this question, so I'll start here...
I'm making myself a new neighbourhood map, imported it from SC4, created the neighbourhood based on that template (lush/temperate) and took a screenshot. Then I typed in the cheat to change the terrain type for another screenshot, but when I changed it, the colours were very blocky and weird (see photos). When I change it back to temperate, it's also weird and stuck that way.
What's wrong? Thanks.
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 11:14 AM
Does it persist if you reload the neighbourhood? Try opening another neighbourhood then going back to that one.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Does it persist if you reload the neighbourhood? Try opening another neighbourhood then going back to that one.

Yes it does. Also if I make a hood with a terrain that isn't lush it has the grid visible, as part of the texture.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 11:28 AM
Like this:
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 12:09 PM
Do you have any terrain modification overrides- custom roads, high res textures, that sort of thing?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Do you have any terrain modification overrides- custom roads, high res textures, that sort of thing?

No I made these with my DL folder removed, so no mods or anything at all.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 1:12 PM
Oh that's not quite true. I have some mini-lots installed including the sunnyside ones and the beach ones. Not sure how to remove them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 1:15 PM
Ok I just tried completely quitting the game after changing the terrain, and it looks normal with the new terrain. But what causes that?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 8:08 PM
Oh, maybe a cache issue? So if you change the terrain, exit the game and reload, it looks okay?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 3:20 AM
It does but I don't want to have to do that every time I need to take a screenshot!