Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 7:22 PM
Default hospital players - what does your staff do all day?
I've always liked the idea of playing a hospital. Originally, it my plan was to set up a hospital lot then get one of those plague mods so lots of Sims would be infected with the mysterious disease, which is not an appealing idea anymore. Anyway, I'd like to hear about the hospitals in your hood, or ideas for running one. Some questions to get things started:

How many Sims work there? What sort of mods do you use? What sorts of services does your hospital offer? Do you run it as a business or is it a home lot where the doctors and nurses live?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 12:47 AM
I run a hospital and use quite a collection of mods for it.

So not that many sims work there, it's a residential lot owned by my doctor and her family. I have their house area on one side.
I only have one hired employee who I either put on sales or janitor duties. (simwardrobe janitor mod) I did have him on restocking but decided to go with an auto restock sign and an auto till. I found I could focus and enjoy the hospital side a lot more if I wasn't worried about the gift store/pharmacy side.

So that side sells a range of things like flowers and teddy bears but also pcsims medicines, birth control, glasses and a few potions.

I have my nurse behind the front desk and I use the Simlogical meeting controller to bring her and if I want, my midwife and my junior doctor. Sims brought this way are selectable and don't need to be paid.

My doctor who lives there holds clinic at the same time. So any sim who isn't actively buying or who sits down in the waiting room I take it as being there to see the doctor. I have her call them over, they have a chat then I use the pcsims doctor bag on them and make a small amount of cash. She normally immunizes them and if their aspiration is low that gives them a boost. or she can give them a pregnancy test.

I have some small rooms for any sim who is sick. I do not use any sickness mods. Upstairs i have a maternity area as I do use Chris hatch pregnancy controller so if a sim has a threatened miscarriage I will have them come and stay. For any hospital stay I use Christianlov's transport mirror which brings the sim controllable.

I also have surgery for plastic surgery and Psych ward.

At the same time the sims who are the nurse, midwife, junior and senior doctor also have their respective jobs. Having a job will stop the sim rolling wants for them to start with, reminds me what they do when i open their lot but also gives another cash source. When I play the nurses family I let her go to work each day. This way she gets paid when I play her lot. Same for my midwife. When I play another sims lot who is due to have a baby I transport or call the midwife over and pay her vi Christianlovs wallet token controller for a home birth. I allow my senior doctor who is level 10 to go to work at least once a week, those are her house calls. When I don't want a sim going to work I place down the simlogical institution sign. This is also needed for patients at the hospital since I don't want any pop ups about missing work. They're in the hospital having a baby or got the flu, give em a break.

The animation for that doctors back are frequently off and it takes a lot of room for the sims to get into the slots.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 7:44 PM
Thanks, that was very helpful.
Alchemist
#4 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 5:45 AM
Yes, thanks for the info, Jo! I'm interested in trying to run a clinic or a hospital, too, so I was hoping for more posts and ideas, but your post was very helpful. I especially like the idea of sending sims who've had a miscarriage scare/had a pop up warning. And the idea of doing pregnancy tests. Sims could go there to find out how many kids to expect, or the more promiscuous ones can go to figure out who the father is. I suppose with the mods on I have, sims could go get fertility treatments, too, to increase pregnancy chances or force twins. Or I could make them infertile, to simulate a vasectomy. Oh, and maybe there could be parenting classes, there too, for expecting parents. I wonder if the Vocational Controller teaches life skills. I guess Sophie-David would have something if it doesn't.

But otherwise, I was thinking of using a clinic to do checkups and then maybe roll a dice for extra options. So like I have PCSims eye chart. I was thinking maybe my doctor sim would give some sort of an exam to those who show up--maybe use the Assess Mood thing from OFB. Idk. I took a look at the PCSims doctor bag (the file name is actually Emergency daily, in case anyone was wondering. Spent a good while figuring that one out! ) but it seems to automatically immunize sims when you use it and I'm not sure I want that. Anyway, I was thinking that after the exam I roll a dice and if they roll a certain number, they may need to get glasses, or do surgery, for a regular exam. I have the PCSims surgical station and dentist station, which can give a lot of money, so I don't want to use it on every sim that walks in, you know?

Anyway such a system might be a good way to introduce random events/accidents. I could consider walkbys emergency room patients, for example, and roll from a predetermined list of aliments/medical concerns.

And I'd definitely need a cosmetic surgery ward for plastic surgery and maybe the ReNuYu orb. Oh, and Cyjon's Personalit-O-Nomitron. So sims can really come out a completely different person.

For the psych ward, I'll have to think of some mods or interactions that boost mood and maybe aspiration. Perk Up, maybe? Otherwise, there's couples counseling and PCSims has an attorney table for consulting that may work to simulate a therapy session.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 7:21 AM
The bag could do with an overhaul such as the ability to pick what the doctor will do rather than the automatic immunization and mood boost for sims with low aspiration. It's a very old mod, but really good for the time.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#6 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 12:08 PM
Now you're giving me ideas for a new mod... It could work a little like the PCSims one, but you can choose to Assign a doctor. Then the doctor could perform a check up--some kind of interaction where they talk to a patient and look like they're evaluating the sim. After that's done, they give a report: sick status, pregnancy status, mood status and detail any low motives, and aspiration status. Oh, and fitness level. There could also be a genetic test maybe, that could tell you what the sims' genetics are, dominant and recessive (hair color, eye color, skintone, true personality and zodiac). Not sure if that's possible in game, but good to have goals, I guess.

Anyway, then they could have a few different procedures: cure sick sims, maybe terminate pregnant sims' pregnancy, give immunity, and be therapist. It be nice if immunity could be a bit like a vacation benefit, and wear off, but I don't think it works like that... And for be therapist, maybe a random choice of interactions, Console, or Perk Up. And the outcome could be random, or maybe based on skill points--improve mood, and bestow vacation benefits like Carefree, Forgiving, and Productive.

Oh, and for fun, there could be like a Suggest Prescription/Treatment option, too, where after the doctor evaluates a patient, instead of giving a report it randomly suggests an action. Like "you need glasses" or "you need a cast" or "I've discovered a life threatening illness, get to surgery right away". Etc. Useful way to do random medical or accident scenarios, for simmers that roll for those. Hmm, am I missing anything?
Eh, anyway, I'm always having these big mod ideas that go nowhere...

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Now you're giving me ideas for a new mod... It could work a little like the PCSims one, but you can choose to Assign a doctor. Then the doctor could perform a check up--some kind of interaction where they talk to a patient and look like they're evaluating the sim. After that's done, they give a report: sick status, pregnancy status, mood status and detail any low motives, and aspiration status. Oh, and fitness level. There could also be a genetic test maybe, that could tell you what the sims' genetics are, dominant and recessive (hair color, eye color, skintone, true personality and zodiac). Not sure if that's possible in game, but good to have goals, I guess.

Anyway, then they could have a few different procedures: cure sick sims, maybe terminate pregnant sims' pregnancy, give immunity, and be therapist. It be nice if immunity could be a bit like a vacation benefit, and wear off, but I don't think it works like that... And for be therapist, maybe a random choice of interactions, Console, or Perk Up. And the outcome could be random, or maybe based on skill points--improve mood, and bestow vacation benefits like Carefree, Forgiving, and Productive.

Oh, and for fun, there could be like a Suggest Prescription/Treatment option, too, where after the doctor evaluates a patient, instead of giving a report it randomly suggests an action. Like "you need glasses" or "you need a cast" or "I've discovered a life threatening illness, get to surgery right away". Etc. Useful way to do random medical or accident scenarios, for simmers that roll for those. Hmm, am I missing anything?
Eh, anyway, I'm always having these big mod ideas that go nowhere...

By way of Inge's meeting controller, you could summon the patient and do a consult with them and the doctor's bag. But it's definitely a doable idea, especially if you're using Chris Hatch's hospital mods. (sans the sexy nurses..)

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#8 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 4:26 PM
I haven't tried the Hospital mod, but I'm definitely intrigued--there was bit in the faq about calling in townies for the maternity ward. So yeah, I'd definitely take care of any pregnant townies at the clinic, now that I've mods to make that possible. I could have them do a long stay, or maybe just speed up pregnancy to get them to deliver when I'm playing the lot.

aka Kelyns | she/her