Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

10 New Gypsy Potions

by Smonaff Posted 6th Sep 2006 at 3:06 AM - Updated 25th Apr 2007 at 4:50 AM by Smonaff : Update for Main Controller and Anti-Jealousy

181 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 171 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 8
Instructor
Original Poster
#51 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 8:01 AM
Thanks TreasureHunter, I've got a healing potion planned.
Test Subject
#52 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 2:19 PM
These are really awesome. Potions are always a handy thing to have! Thanks xx
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 9:05 AM
You should Add a Medicine Potion, that would be cool & a Sickness Potion and Even a death potion, that would be really cool.

Can you sell them in an OBF shop?
Instructor
Original Poster
#54 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 11:56 AM
Tabatha, I'm working on a medicine type potion and the poison potion causes sickness and death. If you use Numenor's Custom objects placeable on OFB shelves you should be able to sell them in your shop.
Test Subject
#55 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmberDiceless
Is it necessary to install all of the potions for the hack to work, or can you just install those you want?

Quote: Originally posted by Smonaff
AmberDiceless:
You can install just the ones you want, but if you try to buy that potion from the gypsy you'll get an error since it won't be able to find an object that has the specified GUID. It would be easier to just not buy the ones you don't want.

Oooh... that explains that. *goes to install the ones I left out to see if it solves my gypsy-buy problem*
Instructor
Original Poster
#56 Old 22nd Sep 2006 at 3:14 PM
Meska, in the next version I upload you will be able to install only the potions you want.
Test Subject
#57 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 6:43 PM
Wow! Theese are great potions! The exact thing I've been looking for while not having it affect all sims! Thanks!

Also, what about a Sex Change potion? They drink it and then change to the opposite sex. (makes the game more real, too)
Test Subject
#58 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 6:48 AM
Wow!!! Sooooooo~~~~ Great!! I Love it!!! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#59 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 2:46 AM Last edited by Altar : 11th Oct 2006 at 10:49 AM.
Pretty good. Love th fitness one but if you buy the cheap potions you can sell them straight away and you'll get more money. Not big but.
Edit: Hmm I was thinking about the poison and it seems the chances of dieing is a bit high really. (3%X4=12X12=144% So theoreticaly the sim will always die and then some.)
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 12:39 PM
Hi, first I have to say thank for this mod because it's really the best idea ever...

But I have a kind of bug to report, apparently regarding the No jealousy potion.
I tested it with base game + NL only. It worked fine (no problems to buy or use the potion) until I tried to make my sims woohoo... They could not lay on bed together. As soon as they layed, they both kind of jumped out of the bed as if they were reset. I didn't have the Cheats code turned on so I couldn't read the error info, sorry.
I have a few other mods installed but nothing modifying the jealousy behavior. I tried to remove them one by one and the Potions were really the one causing the bug. I can type the list of them if you want to check though.
Thank you for your work, for sharing and for taking the time.

Anne-Sophie / "Déjà Vu"
Instructor
Original Poster
#61 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 1:31 PM
chooflee, if you could post an error log that would help me to determine what is causing the error. Check in your "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs" folder to see if there is an error log relating to the error that occured, if not you may have to turn testing cheats on for it to save an error log.
Test Subject
#62 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 8:56 AM
Default Only seeing 3 of the 9 potions
Only see 3 of 9 potions
Fly
Vampire Cillian
and Love
Test Subject
#63 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 8:58 AM
This would be cool to see on the old chemistry table to be made. Like a workstation.
Test Subject
#64 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 5:07 AM
Any chance you can make a BC potion with no chance of killing the poor sims?
Instructor
Original Poster
#65 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 3:43 PM
DMDye:
It's the poison potion that has a chance of killing, not the birth control potion. You can open the file named Smonaff_PoisonController.package with SimPE and select the tuning BCON and set the value of Line 0x8 to 0 to turn of the death feature.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 9:28 PM
These are fantastic. I like that the birth control is not permanent, and that the posion has a chance to kill that is low, but still enough to be interesting. Great job!

I also would love to see a medicine one. And a poison antidote one.

This is great for stories!
Field Researcher
#67 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 8:20 PM
Wow this is wonderful, thanks a ton. It works perfectly.

I was wondering though, can you only install some of these potions if wanted? Or is this sort of a buy one get all deal? I mean, for example, if someone only wanted the poison and happy potions, would they be able to install this in a way that only those show up or would all of the other ones come too?
Instructor
Original Poster
#68 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:17 AM
whitesiren, in the next version that I plan on making you'll be able to download only the potions you want, but for now just buy the potions that you want from the gypsy and don't worry about the others, and who knows maybe as time goes on you may find you can use those other potions after all. I use the energizer and smart potions all the time, but only occasionally use the others, and almost never use the poison. It's good to know they're there if I need them though.
Test Subject
#69 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 11:08 PM
Are you taking potion requests? Because I was thinking of a relationship one. It doubles the relation ship score for each interaction. So instead of getting 5 from a chat you get 10. It also doubles the negative actions. Although it does sound hard to do.
Instructor
Original Poster
#70 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 5:32 AM
I've been thinking about making one that boosts the relationship points gained from social interactions, but I've been working on other things and just haven't got around to it yet.
Instructor
#71 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 5:53 AM Last edited by knightguy82 : 27th Oct 2006 at 5:59 AM.
how about a have twin potion, anti-poison potion , temp love potion.. that let the user give it to someone an that sim will think their in love with the user for a short time?

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Test Subject
#72 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 7:35 PM
Can you please make this into a zip. file? My computer doesn't download rar. files! I even tried installing a rar. thingy but it didn't work
Instructor
#73 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 11:05 AM
is it possible to make this useable on a OFB shelf? my sim can click on them to drink or to give away to another sim if their on a counter or floor but not when i place them on the shelf which bites because it looks better then to have one potion on each counter lol

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Test Subject
#74 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 6:22 PM
Fantastic! I'm using the gypsy version and it works perfectly! Thanks!

If I use the catalogue version, can I install only the anti-jealousy and birth control ones ? if yes, apart from the obvious files, do i need anything else (maincontroller.package :?) ?

Thanks !
Instructor
Original Poster
#75 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 9:23 AM
knightguy82:
The twin potion sounds good and I'm working on something similar to an anti-poison potion, something that will give immunity to disease and negate the effect of poison. Your idea about the temp love potion is also good, it would be cool to have it so that after a sim drinks it they will fall in love with the first sim they talk to.

Here's something that should allow you to place things on OFB shelves:
Numenor's Custom objects placeable on OFB displays and shelves

Arcanis:
To avoid potential errors, you should install all the files. In the new version I'm working on you will be able to download and install only the potions you want, but it's gonna be a while on that, probably around the first of the year.
Page 3 of 8