Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

DEFAULT REPLACE base game lipsticks (requested)

by CatOfEvilGenius Posted 16th May 2008 at 11:49 PM - Updated 18th May 2008 at 12:48 AM by CatOfEvilGenius

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 12:54 PM
These are lovely, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 1:58 AM
@_@
YAY! No more dried/cracked lip effect! This is a must-have for everyone. Even people like me who *acidentally* deleted the Downloads folder.
Teeheehee!
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#29 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 10:52 PM
Pookah I'm guessing you're using darker skintones than the ones shown in my pictures? In my pics, I think the following look really good on dark skins:

2, 4, 7, 8, 11, 12, 15-20, and also, sioux lipstick (different thread)

You are right that some others DO look quite chalky on dark skins. I don't think anyone is going to make a pale pink or light peach that looks good on dark skin. I made these semi-transparent so they would work on a larger range of skins than before, but that won't really help with light pink.

There are other default lipstick sets you can try, just search the makeup section for defaults. Or you can alter these or someone else or make your own to suit whatever shades you use in game. The Create section has excellent tutorials.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#30 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 1:51 AM
Thanks! Nowadays everything is crazy-realistic (I DO use realistic stuff) but these are so perfect for a project of mine.. All-maxis or VERY maxis-match neighborhood! the maxis lipsticks look all chapped and have too strong lines, but now I get to keep the main thing.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 6:47 PM
I'm getting CC stars on them too. Not really a problem, since I know better than to delete them, but it bugs me a little.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#32 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 9:57 PM
DClick I want the CC star in my game to remind me that something is CC, but I know not everyone does. If you want to remove the CC star, here's a tutorial.

http://linna.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=304205

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
#33 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 11:37 PM
Thnaks, i maght acculy give my sims lipstick more often. I only use 4 diferent ones right now becuse they are all to bright.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#34 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 5:28 PM
Thanks! I love the colors of the original Maxis lipsticks, but they were a bit harsh. These are perfect!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#35 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 12:03 PM
WEEEEE!!! Finally got a set of lipsticks that are actually wornable by any other than pale skintone! *hoards and runs away*
Page 2 of 2