Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Outfit Tools - Copy Any Outfit v4

by scumbumbo Posted 18th Nov 2014 at 7:24 AM - Updated 14th Nov 2018 at 12:31 AM by scumbumbo : Version 4 updated for 1.47.49 game patch

267 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 184 Feedback Posts, 82 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 11
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 8:12 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 18th Nov 2014 at 8:24 AM.
Very cool idea. It reminds me a bit of twallan's "Dresser" mod at NRass. I hope this can be developed further to include copying clothes - or lack thereof (nude) - from one sim to the next. The reason I say this, is because every now and then, when using CC that looks really good in game, somehow the creator flagged it for naked wear. Sims wearing underwear in the shower is the result. And even if the CC is removed, they game says to itself, "hang on a minute, weren't you (sim) supposed to be wearing clothing in the shower? It seems to have gone missing. Never mind, I'll just force you to wear default Maxis underwear in the absence of that removed CC."
I've seen that on a couple of occasions. Had to remove CC then completely clone new sim and remove older version of sim to clear this problem. I'm sure it won't be the last of seeing great CC accidently flagged for naked wear. Just to be able to copy true naked from one sim to another without all that sim cloning and sim destroying malarkey would be a much better solution.

Edit - what am I saying? If I just make them head-to-toe naked in one of their everyday selections, then copy that to any flagged for naked mishaps, then that should render them truly naked when they should be, ahem, truly naked. Would that work? I'll certainly give it a shot the next time I encounter a CC mishap. I know just the item of CC to try it on. I'm off to experiment now. Thanks for this.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 9:08 AM Last edited by egureh : 18th Nov 2014 at 9:25 AM.
Great! I really need such commands! :lovestruc
Everytime I edit the outfit of an NPC sim, the gameplay would consider him/her as a Played Household, THAT IS ANNOYING.
Now I could just randomize them a new outfit without switching to CAS. Thank you so much! :D
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
THANKS POST
#4 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 1:30 PM
Terrific idea and terrific mod! As coolspear1 points out, the bathing/nude outfit can be recovered/repaired with this.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 1:47 PM
Wow. And thanks.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 3:57 PM
This is excellent!! Thank-you Scumbumbo!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 4:04 PM
:)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 9:13 PM
Is there any chance of this being translated into German as I have read it through three times and still don't really understand it. Thanks anyhow.
Deceased
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
Is there any chance of this being translated into German as I have read it through three times and still don't really understand it. Thanks anyhow.

I don't know German myself, other than a few phrases and insults my father used to use. You could read the page on Google Translate and possibly that might help? Probably not much. Also it will translate some of the actual example commands, which will not work in game, the original command from the English instructions would have to be used.

If anyone can provide a good and accurate German translation of my instructions, I'd be happy to put a link on the description page.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 1:44 AM
Wow, this is incredible. Personally, I love how this is a script mod, since it means it won't intrusively add itself to every pie menu. (I'm kind of clumsy when selecting actions, I'll admit it.) Thank you for making this not only a great mod, but an easy to use one. :)
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 2:35 AM
Great. Will it also recognise N for Nude as well as B for Bathing as the outfit isn't just used for bathing, especially as there are now adult mods out there with Nude WooHoo and other things at Sexy Sims and elsewhere and pools bring the possibility of skinny-dipping as in TS3, amongst other things, and it IS the official name for the outfit?
Deceased
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by afgw
Great. Will it also recognise N for Nude as well as B for Bathing as the outfit isn't just used for bathing, especially as there are now adult mods out there with Nude WooHoo and other things at Sexy Sims and elsewhere and pools bring the possibility of skinny-dipping as in TS3, amongst other things, and it IS the official name for the outfit?

No it doesn't accept "N", I just used the outfit category name used by the game's code which is "bathing". It's basically just another name for the nude outfit, so if you put clothes on the bathing outfit and dare the sim to streak, they will get a bunch of shocked stares as they run around outside in their clothes. Not a big enough deal (IMHO) to be worth an update, but if I do ever have to update the mod I'll consider making it also accept "N".
Forum Resident
#13 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
I don't know German myself, other than a few phrases and insults my father used to use. You could read the page on Google Translate and possibly that might help? Probably not much. Also it will translate some of the actual example commands, which will not work in game, the original command from the English instructions would have to be used.

If anyone can provide a good and accurate German translation of my instructions, I'd be happy to put a link on the description page.

Google translates version of German is a bit weird at times. Anyhow, have a visitor today who knows a bit about these things and will ask him.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 1:04 AM
I would like to thank you again. This mod helps me to fix some of the families that came in the game that take a shower with clothes on. Big Thanks!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 2:14 PM Last edited by TheOriginalFive : 30th Nov 2014 at 2:31 PM.
(Never mind, just saw that there's no way to restore a naked outfit right now.)

This is a handy mod to fix those dumb outfits that careers sometimes spawn, though. Thanks a lot.
Deceased
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 4:34 AM
This mod has been checked for compatibility with the December 16th (careers) patch and no update to the mod is required.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 8:56 AM
I like this tool but does it work if a teen lives alone?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 6:45 AM
tyvm scumbumbo. I used your mod to repair the bathing outfits on several sims in my game. All had been corrupted by cc that was flagged for bathing. Now they shower (and woohoo) ala naturale again. Worked flawlessly. Good work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 1:30 PM
Thank you
Deceased
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Very cool idea. It reminds me a bit of twallan's "Dresser" mod at NRass. I hope this can be developed further to include copying clothes - or lack thereof (nude) - from one sim to the next.

@coolspear1 - I have updated the mod to do just that. Version 2 will allow you to copy outfits to or from other sims.
Smeg Head
#21 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
@coolspear1 - I have updated the mod to do just that. Version 2 will allow you to copy outfits to or from other sims.

Fantastic!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 2:45 PM
thanks to this mod i could fix the bathing outfit of my sim(he was wearing pants and sneakers to take a bath)
Deceased
Original Poster
#23 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 6:13 AM
I have checked this mod for compatibility with the January 13 game update and there do not appear to be any changes required.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 4:39 PM
Nice mod! but do you think you its possible to copy the face also?? it would be interesting if it could. anyway love your work!! keep it up!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 6:25 PM
This was used to fix my sims taking shower in clothes!
Thank you!
Page 1 of 11