Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Goku hair mesh

by funnyycats Posted 4th Aug 2005 at 11:12 PM - Updated 28th Jun 2007 at 6:52 AM by funnyycats

78 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 75 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 10:39 AM
Hummm... top and bottom? Well, gotenks has the same out fit as gogeta, but then again, alot of scaling down. I was actually going to try to make the shash hang down... don't know if I can. I was going to make the newer Goku, with the sash tied up, and not hanging down, but I'm sure some people will want the turtle kanji, so there's 3 different outfits. Well, thanks for the advice, I haven't started yet, I have a different desktop to do my work on. Two reasons: no hacks or custom content (except what I'm working on), and I have a bad clothes mesh that's crashing Body Shop. Don't have any idea which, because The Sims 2 works fine... And you're very welcome... I've refused to touch hair! LOL PLus, yours are so great! Oh, and if you're making that for Cookie_monster, if it's with short hair, would that work for Saiyaman? Right before I found the Vegeta hair, Tabitgibs (for those that don't know, my wife), wanted to make him, and wanted me to recolor the Uni bandana. Well, anyway, I need to finish downloads, so I can start some more meshes. Gonna try to UV map it this time, see if I can recolor better!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alusims
Oh, and if you're making that for Cookie_monster, if it's with short hair, would that work for Saiyaman?
LOL, Wow I didn't even think of that! Yeah, I guess it would work for the Great Saiyanman, so I'm still doing stuff for Dragonball.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 11:56 AM
OMG! i love this hair mesh!! thx!!!!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 11:59 AM Last edited by Alusims : 5th Aug 2005 at 12:13 PM. Reason: LOL
Quote: Originally posted by funnyycats
LOL, Wow I didn't even think of that! Yeah, I guess it would work for the Great Saiyanman, so I'm still doing stuff for Dragonball.

Great! Another mesh, though... I need to make a cape. Accessory, that is... But, I want it to animate. Well, Saiyaman will wait, we'll eventually get them all...

"I... keep it coming, sometimes don't know why. Oh...yeah, gonna do it untill the day I die..."
Sorry, just listened to "Pan-Handling Prince."

After I do Goku, I should just be able to add gloves to the mesh to make Vegeto. He was much cooler than Gogeta, anyway. And, I will make a seperrate top and bottom, thanks for the suggestion. Drawback to that is, only everyday, but the plus is, I can make a recolor of a skintight top for SSJ4. Saracenter made a tail accesory, and gave permission for recolors, so this all looks good.

SORRY
I was just looking for some <more> pics to use, and ran across this <Attachment> LOL
Plus, I wish I could do what they did here: http://www.callon.org/blender.html
But, it would never import, anyway
Screenshots

I'm gone. I have my reasons, but I'm not going to cry about it. Do whatever you wish with whatever I made. No paysites/exchange. Credit to: Alucard
#31 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 1:07 PM
Wow its super!!Now it needs the goku body!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 1:41 PM Last edited by funnyycats : 5th Aug 2005 at 1:52 PM.
Ok dragoongt4, Once you download my package place the DBPF package (named MESH_JLopezGokuHair) in the downloads folder, then open the folder called Saved Sims, then copy and paste the file in there named (1d364e22_GokuTextHair) and place it in your SavedSims folder in your Sims folder. I’ve check on my other computer and it worked fine. It won’t show up as a new sim, but when you go to create a new sim it will be in the custom hair meshes.

PS. It might be one of the last custom hairs in there, it was in mine. Hope that helps you.

-- Alusims, (in regards to that link) Oh, I know! I wish I could too. I'm not that good yet, but maybe one day. Actually, I used that picture to help model out my hair. And wasn't his Sauron awesome.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 3:27 PM
Yeah, tell me about it! Well, like I said, the Sims 2 will not import anything with that high polys anyway. Well, I've tryed, maybe someone else could get it to work...
BTW, I put both files in downloads, Vegeta worked fine, haven't check goku yet....
Scholar
#34 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 4:18 PM
wow this is great thanks
Field Researcher
#35 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 4:24 PM
THANK YOU! I really mean that! Thank you for ever TRYING to ATTEMPT doing Vegeta and Goku's hair. I can just imagine what a nightmare meshing that was. I'm just greatful that you did, now I can really expand my anime & superhero neighborhoods. ~*Blowing Kisses*~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 4:40 PM
I'm working on a lower poly version of Goku's hair it's only over by 22 from Maxis original so it shouldn't take that long.
Test Subject
#37 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 7:11 PM
That's cool, Gratz ^_^
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 12:29 AM
omgwtflmaobbq (FFXI term)
You are the best Funnycats! Thank you so much for this amazing goku hair mesh!!! i can finally have goku and vegeta babies... lol!!!! thank you! you helped in the production of my ultimate fantasy! lol ijust ate to much candy, please forgive me -_-;;
Ty!! your the best!
Test Subject
#39 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 1:03 AM
awwww! I love that, thanks!
#40 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 3:37 AM
Wow! Both of my sons are DBZ fans and they're going to LOVE this! Thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 10:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dragoongt4
Maybe the problem is that i created a downloads folder because there was no downloads folder.

Yeah, that's happen to me before. What I did and you could try:
-Take out the files from the downloads folder you created and save them elsewhere. Then deleted the downloads folder you created.

-Open up bodyshop then create a sims and save it, doesn't matter what it is, it's just so you have a custom object.

-Exit bodyshop and when you look in your sims folder there will be a new downloads folder.

-Then place your files back in that folder and everything should work fine. (There could be another way to get the folder, but this is the only way I know how.)

Quote: Originally posted by dragongt4
I dont understand this thing what u says.
then open the folder called Saved Sims, then copy and paste the file in there named (1d364e22_GokuTextHair) and place it in your SavedSims folder in your Sims folder.
What I meant (and I should have clarified I apologize for that) was in the .rar file that you downloaded for Goku I placed a folder in there named: Saved Sims. The contents in that folder in my .rar file should be placed in a folder located in your EA Sims 2 folder also named SavedSims.

There's no need to apologize I'm glad to help, and really hope I did this time.

P.S. Alusims noted before that a problem could occur if the mesh has a high poly count. So, I created a new low poly mesh of Goku in case that was an issue to anyone.
Test Subject
#42 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 4:28 PM
Finally! Goku's hair! You are Awesome! :bow:
Test Subject
#43 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 4:08 PM
cool!!!!! i'm a big fan of dbz :taekwondo

nice work :mrpantha:
Test Subject
#44 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 8:58 PM
WOW *_* goku's hair, they look very good!!!!^^ thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#45 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 9:08 PM
Thank-you so much! I'd been looking for something like this for a while.
Test Subject
#46 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 9:56 PM
Thanks for making this mess.
I was looking for this mess a long time.
Test Subject
#47 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 4:47 PM
will someone answer my request on the first page please?
Test Subject
#48 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 4:44 PM
this hair is cool to use for both goku and goten any chance you can make some hair for vegeta and gohan.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 5:14 PM
Cookie_Monster I already answered in a previous post here. I'll make the bandana for you.

Actually I've already made Vegeta's hair. Here's the link: http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=81186 Alusims made outfits for him and here's the link to those: http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=81339

P.S. ProfessorSnape, which hair style are you talking about for Gohan?
Test Subject
#50 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 8:15 PM
maybe he's on about the teen/adult hairstyle he had while he was at highschool (gohan that is)?
Page 2 of 4