Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 11:28 PM
Default Cloning a separate object NOT as an override
How do I do a recolor of debug or other hidden objects, that shows up as a separate object, instead of overriding the defaults?

Specifically, bookcase books, vehicles, easel paintings and CHICKENS?

I want to make a bunch of chicken breeds but the ones I did, turned out as overrides.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 3:48 PM
Don't choose Override and just choose Create 3D Mesh (or Standalone Recolor). The answers you need are on the S4S forums btw.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
Don't choose Override and just choose Create 3D Mesh (or Standalone Recolor). The answers you need are on the S4S forums btw.

I've tried this with debug books and vehicles, and now chickens. I did choose Standalone, but still getting conflicts. I read through the forums, but thought there would be something else besides just "Standalone".
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lowflyer
I've tried this with debug books and vehicles, and now chickens. I did choose Standalone, but still getting conflicts. I read through the forums, but thought there would be something else besides just "Standalone".

I just looked at your chicken files and none of them have matching instances to EA's chickens, so they should not be overriding the game chickens. Please explain in detail, with pictures, what is conflicting and make sure to test your mod alone without any other Cottage Living related mods (except Srsly's injector for purchasing chickens), and clear your localthumbcache before doing so.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
I just looked at your chicken files and none of them have matching instances to EA's chickens, so they should not be overriding the game chickens. Please explain in detail, with pictures, what is conflicting and make sure to test your mod alone without any other Cottage Living related mods (except Srsly's injector for purchasing chickens), and clear your localthumbcache before doing so.

Clearing the cache solved it, thanks! Now I can make more chickies!

The baby chick though, appears to override though. I wanted to make all colors of chicks, but my test chickie appeared to override the yellow one. I will try it after clearing the cache.