Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2022 at 11:12 AM
Default A way to remove base game walls and floors?
I don't get how walls and floors work in the base game, normally in expansions there under .wll or .flr file extensions. There's a .iff file under gamedata/walls and foors but editing them just makes them invisible.

How does the base game handle walls and floors? and can you remove them?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 6th Mar 2022 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerAl
I don't get how walls and floors work in the base game, normally in expansions there under .wll or .flr file extensions. There's a .iff file under gamedata/walls and foors but editing them just makes them invisible.

How does the base game handle walls and floors? and can you remove them?

I tried to find the base game walls and floors once before and couldn't. The walls.iff and floors.iff files that are in GameData seem to only include the images that are shown in the CATALOG, rather than the images the game uses to make the actual walls and floors.

The walls in Deluxe.far are only from the first expansion pack. Textures.far only has sims' heads and clothes and accessories. If the walls are in the game, they have to be in the files somewhere, but I haven't been able to find the dratted things.

So if you do locate them, please report back!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Mar 2022 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
I tried to find the base game walls and floors once before and couldn't. The walls.iff and floors.iff files that are in GameData seem to only include the images that are shown in the CATALOG, rather than the images the game uses to make the actual walls and floors.

The walls in Deluxe.far are only from the first expansion pack. Textures.far only has sims' heads and clothes and accessories. If the walls are in the game, they have to be in the files somewhere, but I haven't been able to find the dratted things.

So if you do locate them, please report back!

They are in the walls.iff, same with the floors, they're in the long list under sprites
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 10th Mar 2022 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PanCakezzz
They are in the walls.iff, same with the floors, they're in the long list under sprites

I was looking at those files with Iff Pencil, and the BMP files it gave were really ugly versions of the walls and floors. Iff Pencil doesn't show the sprites; thanks for telling me about Sim Explorer; that works much better for stuff like this! Yay, a useful program!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html