Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 11:08 AM Last edited by kittenn1011 : 30th Apr 2020 at 11:33 AM.
Default What do we know about social group townies? I'm looking for a way to have a happy medium.
I have the requisite mods that prevent social group townies from spawning on their own, and I've been playing without them for a while... I sort of miss their silly greetings and the idea of some sims caring about how fancy community lots are. I was dealing with my new town's BV tourists when I noticed an option on the NPC and townie maker to make sims into members of social groups. I don't want to mess with the townie maker without knowing what I'm doing, but information on making your own social group sims is pretty scarce out there. Does anyone know how this option works? Can I make any non-playable sim into a member of a social group (dormies/downtownies/tourists/ect) without it borking their other role? I'm a little curious because I did just spawn in the 48 required BV tourists and I was trying to keep the number of townies in this particular hood relatively low and just wondered if I can add some of these to social groups and make them a pinch more interesting and give them another function.

TL;DR: what's the word on making social group sims? Can they do double-duty as members of social groups and fancier-than-basegame townies or do I just have to turn some of my normal townies/add new townies if I want any? Just a passing thought.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 12:10 PM
Townies (which includes dormies), downtownies, tourists, social groups etc. is just a matter of what family the sim is in. Since sims can't be in two families you won't be able to change their family to a social group and retain their previous role.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Townies (which includes dormies), downtownies, tourists, social groups etc. is just a matter of what family the sim is in. Since sims can't be in two families you won't be able to change their family to a social group and retain their previous role.

Thanks so much! I didn't want to touch anything I didn't know for sure how the game would react to!
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st May 2020 at 9:37 AM
Default Unrelated
I had a question about one of Your mods. I Tried to message you privately but was unable to for some reason. Maybe you can send me one instead. I don't want to impose on this thread