Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 2:16 AM
Default Changing the environment/room score for an object
I know how to change the motive score for objects (in the bhavs and bcons not just the catalogue). What I would like to know, and despite copious searching, have not found, is which bhav refers to an objects environmental score. I assume it doesn't work in the same way other motives do as environment 'jumps' when you add a new object rather than your sim gaining it over time.

If someone could plases let me know which bhav to edit I can do teh rest, thanks!
Advertisement
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 4:55 AM
Does changing the value in the OBJD have any effect? Since enviroment is an immediate affect and not something that requires interaction, it makes sense. I've compared bcons in several paintings and found nothing to the contrary.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 10:46 AM Last edited by Claireh82 : 5th Sep 2006 at 10:57 AM.
I thought those values only changed the catalogue data but I'll give it a go, thanks.

No that didn't work, any other ideas?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 11:03 AM Last edited by Inge Jones : 5th Sep 2006 at 11:08 AM.
The ratings only change the catalog data, but you could try changing the Niceness Multiplier (I haven't tried this myself). I know that environment motive filling is not done the same way as the others, that's why there is rarely any point in making a hack to arbitrarily set it to +100; the actual objects in the environment simply pull it back down again.

A bit later: yes I think that's probably the one. Niceness multiplier 0x64 (100 in decimal) seems to be 100% - and Maxis do not advertise room score in the catalog. When they have an object four times that at 0x190, they give the room score as 4.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 11:41 AM
Ok, looking at that it doesn't seem to do much in game either, looking in SimPE at deco objects of different environometal values, the niceness multiplier stays the same at 0x190. I may have totally misunderstood but I not sure what else to do with the niceness multiplier. (BTW I tried changing it from 0x0190 to 0x03e8 (in decimal thats from 400 to 1000)
#6 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 11:59 AM Last edited by Inge Jones : 5th Sep 2006 at 12:47 PM.
And you tried that in your game and it didn't seem to green up your sims' room scores?

Remember that each time you make a change to an OBJD or to an Init BHAV, you must buy that object again before beginning your test, or it won't pick up the changes.

I found this: Stack Object's 0x0056 (Crapness Score) which is used on a plate of spoiled food and bad snapdragons. I found Stack Object's 0x0007 (Niceness Score) too, but haven't seen it in use yet. If they do what I think they may do, you just set them to a number or a number stored in a BCON and the game automatically works out what they do to the sim each hour.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 1:24 PM Last edited by Claireh82 : 5th Sep 2006 at 1:51 PM.
Inge, that looks good, I'm looking through all the painting bhavs (have imported lots too) looking for an example of that one but can't find it. Do I have to add it in myself or should it be there somehwere connected to a bcon?

Edit, attempted to add it in myself on the back of the init function - used expression and 07 00 00 02 00 05 04 1A. These looked about right and had bhav pointing to a new bcon (1004) - line 00 and had stack object id and niceness core in there somewhere. That totally froze time in the game until I sold it, didn't notice any green change but not sure if thats due to the game frezzing before the bhav could take any effect.
#8 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 3:53 PM
If you're hacking simantics code you really need to have testingcheatsenabled so that you will get helpful debugging messages up (and logged more fully to disk) when there is an object error.

But my guess in this case is you used a reference to Stack Object in an init where typically Stack object is as yet undefined. So you should have used "my" niceness score. Also try it with a literal value assigned rather than a constant for now, as that will narrow down the number of things that could go wrong.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 6:48 PM
Ok well we are along the right lines, I couldn't get my niceness score to work but my crapness score did work! The opposite to intended but it did work! I also tried something to do with room score to no avail.

In some what vein hope I also tried to reverse the crapness score to -100 to see if it would work the opposite way - it didn't!
#10 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 7:09 PM
Have you tried niceness score *with* niceness multiplier? What about the price of your object? Some people say that Sims respond to price.
Instructor
#11 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 11:06 AM
Sorry to butt in here, but I was wondering about something. On the beds I am looking at in the BCON it has Tuning-Environment with only one thing inside of it. Could that be the one that adjusts room value?
I compared a really crappy cheap bed to the medieval something or other expensive bed. The environment on the expensive one had decimal +10. The environment for the crappy cheap one was -10.
Not sure if this helps any or not.
Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 2:37 PM Last edited by richy61 : 1st Apr 2007 at 3:18 PM. Reason: wrong way to test???
I'm not SimPE average user, so I use the 'Sim2 Categorizer' from Palladin.
For my 'poor' beginning sim, I just change the values for 'score room' and niceness on a cheap custom wall-lamp (originally 5§ , +1 environnement and 100 niceness).
Original environnement was less 1/4 score. Making 'score room' increased to +9 placing 4 lamps on wall for each corner of a room 7 x 7 squares make environnement growing to little more half green but with variation due to the distance from sim to lamp. Increasing 'niceness' from 100 to 900 and environnement is satured for all the room ( all other furnitures are the cheapest Maxis ones as I say it's a poor sim with less 150§ in bank). Lowering score room and niceness step by step give same lamp with +5 score room and 700 niceness for the same environnement green satured( with a little fall-dow when sim is in middle of the room but maybe only 1 or 2 %).
So, is it possible that the 'score room' is like a level of global environnement satisfaction and the 'niceness' an efficiancy and range modificator for this level?

EDIT: I was thinking I'm going wrong with the test I've made cause I use a house I've build with custom wallpaper and floor-covering. Replacing them with cheapest ones (1§ for wallpaper and 5§ for woodfloor) make the score fall down to 50%. Reputting the wallpaper (25§) and marblefloor (30§) make the score green-satured again. Removing the 4 wall-lamps and score fall again 50%. Sims are very complicated 'little things'!
So is there two criterias: prize for building decoration (wallpaper, floor covering, windows, doors...) and 'score-room+niceness multiplier' for objects?
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 2:59 PM
Im not sure if you know already, but the sims 2 collection creator found here:

http://www.djssims.com/index.php?category=21 , 3rd one down

has the ability to change the environmental score for objects when you choose to edit them, hope it was some help
Instructor
#14 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by imfakingamnesia
Im not sure if you know already, but the sims 2 collection creator found here:

http://www.djssims.com/index.php?category=21 , 3rd one down

has the ability to change the environmental score for objects when you choose to edit them, hope it was some help

Hmm.. Does it change just the appearance of the room score or does it actually make it so it works as advertised?
Thank you very much for the link!
Test Subject
#15 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 8:14 AM
It changes the advertisement say from 1 environment to 10, it works in my game really well, i've changed all of my custom content and it works great.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 9:36 PM
I have been looking for a way to change the room score and I have the sims 2 collection creator, but I cant find an option to edit the object. How do you do that?
Instructor
#17 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by solfal
I have been looking for a way to change the room score and I have the sims 2 collection creator, but I cant find an option to edit the object. How do you do that?

I have the same problem. I opened it up and tried to find an option to edit the room score and such. All it wants to let me do is make collections. I'm not certain this is the right software. My connection is being retarded so I haven't located any tutorials on how to use the program yet.
If anyone finds out, please let us know.
Instructor
#18 Old 12th Aug 2021 at 6:21 PM
Sorry to bump this old post but I'm trying to figure this out too. I have an object that always brings down the enviorment/room motive (it's a clone of a puddle)
does anyone know how i could modify it so it doesn't have that effect? what do i have to edit on it in SimPE?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator