Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cell Phone, MP3 and Handheld Available in Buy Mode

by Neder Posted 20th Jan 2010 at 12:47 AM - Updated 20th Jan 2010 at 1:25 AM by Neder : Edited to clarify place in catalog

51 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 7:34 PM Last edited by Neder : 21st Jan 2010 at 7:48 PM.
Yes, they should.
Please let me know via PM if you notice any exceptions and I will look into it.

EDIT: To clarify, default replacements will replace the texture or mesh, whereas this mod alters the OBJD file. If your replacements affect some parameter like price, there may be an issue. Placing this file in your downloads so that it loads second (alphabetically) will leave the buyability intact as well as the appearance overrides to be sure.
Probably not necessary, however.
Field Researcher
#27 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 7:26 AM
Thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 10:31 PM
Convenient! Just what I was lookig for. Thanks.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 4:41 PM
Wonderful mod ! thanks a lot ! I hope I can use them even if I installed the Insimenator.
Test Subject
#30 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eggard
Ohhh fantastic! This way is really easier and less time-consuming.
Thanks, never using the stupid big boolprop-testing-cheat again!

hahah totally agree, i was going vto say the same... but i'm addicted to bool testingcheatsenabled true (it just took me 0.5 seconds to type that :-P) i'm never gonna quit using it! but it is fffing annoying to type it just to get a cellphone...
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 3:09 AM
I think this is a very convenient option, but I must report that it does not pick up my custom default. I have an iphone, ipod and psp for my defaults but this download only shows the maxis default. this is in buy mode and through the kiosk.

"I'm too booty-licious for ya, babe!"
Check out my DND Designs
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 2:57 AM
Good to know.
Could you tell me where your defaults are from so I can check out the files?
I'll see if it's something I can fix.
Let me know here or PM me. Thanks.
Test Subject
#33 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 11:42 AM
than you i'ts very cool
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 7:22 PM
Thank you so much for this. I used to just ignore my sims when they wanted them (lol, cos I'm mean) or just the boolprop cheat. Ha! No more. :D
Field Researcher
#35 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 11:47 AM
Thank you!! wating for ages just for one asprition!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 12:55 PM
Purrfect!! <3
Test Subject
#37 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 5:18 PM
Hi is it possible to add custom cell phones downloadable from modthesims.info for buy mode too?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#38 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 1:44 AM
This has been looked into and I think it's possible. As far as I know, you can only have one custom cell phone in the game at a time and its OBJD file has to be altered individually. If I recall, the simmer that I was talking to about it has discovered some problem with it, though, but I can't quite remember what it was (it's been a few years).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 14th May 2012 at 8:31 PM
thank you It is very easy to play the game
Field Researcher
#40 Old 17th May 2012 at 3:39 AM
Thought I should mention, if the download is in a sub folder, sometimes the cell phone won't show up in the catalog.

I tried Cyjons version of the mod, and had the same issue.

It's your life, live it your way!
Want to see what else I make, go to www.rlm-soft.com and check it out.
Find out what's happening with Sim Tracker
---
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 8:08 PM
My game crashes on community lots - THANKS! :3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 4:00 PM
thnx never was bothered to go out just to get a phone
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#43 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 11:03 PM
I'd love to use this because I am sick of going to a community lot just to grab a phone for my Sims, but I also would like to use a default replacement and the ones I find here on MTS all seem to modify price. I don't know if you still offer support for this, but any chance you'd be willing to give me some pointers as to what needs to be modified in the default replacements to make them compatible with this?
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 25th Sep 2013 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neder
Yes, they should.
Please let me know via PM if you notice any exceptions and I will look into it.

EDIT: To clarify, default replacements will replace the texture or mesh, whereas this mod alters the OBJD file. If your replacements affect some parameter like price, there may be an issue. Placing this file in your downloads so that it loads second (alphabetically) will leave the buyability intact as well as the appearance overrides to be sure.
Probably not necessary, however.

Thank you so much for the wonderful work you put into this. I really like the idea of being able to buy this from the catalog. However, it seems that it affects the default replacements of my cellphone and mp3 players I had installed. Everytime I put it into the game, then my defaults replacements will not work and it would show the original Maxis items both in the Sim's inventory and in the gameplay. When I remove your files, then it would return to normal.

I know you say that it is not suppose to affect the DFs since it only alters the OBJD file, I found that it is strange that it does affects it in my game. Do you think you can help me with this?
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 1:56 AM
I know I'm late to the party, but I figured I'd point this out to anyone else with the problem of default replacements not working after downloading this. You have to let the buyable objects file load BEFORE your default replacements, otherwise it'll revert back to the original maxis object. In my case, I put it into a folder section that loads before my defaults folder (which is near the end of the loading order). I don't know if this works for those who change prices though.

My LJ / My Simblr
Formerly known as ShadowsMystery
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 10:50 AM
Thank you! Really!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 7:21 PM
I have re-downloaded the cell phone which is the only one that didn't show up in the catalog after the first download. Since I have no overrides on the cell phone, I don't know why id didn't show up. I think this is a great help when a sim who didn't attend college rolls the want. While I don't care about the points themselves, in my game I am guided by wants, fears, thoughts and hobby enthusiasms. This makes my sims more varied (at least for me). So unless a sim wants a phone or game etc s/he doesn't get one.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#48 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 6:43 PM
hello freedom :)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#49 Old 8th May 2015 at 6:13 PM
I'm always too lazy to send my sims to a community lot so your mod is perfect.
I really don't care for the 500 points, my teens are usually in platinum mood.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 10:00 AM
Thank-you!
Page 2 of 3