Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#926 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 6:09 PM
The current SimPE works for me - though my EP suite is different. It is more likely that there is something in your configuration or a missed step that is causing the problem.

Do you have custom content enabled? Can you see other custom recolors?

If you go open your recolor file in SimPe, do you see the right texture? If not, you forgot to commit.

Did you use strange characters, periods or spaces in your file name?

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#927 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 6:35 PM
May*: Well, you may firstly export a different texture from a different object and then, right-click Build DXT on the object you want to recolour. Then, choose that texture from the different object. After clicking the OK button you should then click the ,,commit'' button.This is very important! If you don't click the commit button, then the colour won't appear in the game.

Check my sims 2 tips & tricks site here: http://sim-mania.wetpaint.com/
Test Subject
#928 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 2:39 AM
Thank you
Wow I appreciate the help. Yes, I will most definately share my work. It is the least I can do for all the wonderful downloads I have found here. I will let you know when I have made my first painting....I am excited...thanks again

Lilbratt49
Test Subject
#929 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 12:38 PM
First of all, thanks very much for the tutorial, I really needed something like this (the whole step by step thing)
Now, my first recolor attempt failed really bad, the object (the original one nor the recolored one) didn't even show up in my game anymore..
I followed this step by step tutorial and I think I did everything right. however, the original object is still in the game (thankfully) but the recolor isnt.

I did the commit and save thing, so how do I get it into the game?

(I will go hide in shame at the same time, since my question is most likely an idiotic one...)

Thanks in advance for answers
Lab Assistant
#930 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 1:50 PM
blutexasbonnie and sapataccc: Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! I really didn't click "commit" button. I thought that it means: I should commit what the tutorial says (it sound weird, though) and press only "save". Great tutorial, but the best part is that I can post my problem here and get the answer (and so quickly!)!
Test Subject
#931 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 9:29 AM
Wow I got a problem a few days ago too. When I first tryied to recolour wintermuteai1's drivable UFO, which is cloned from the original Yomoshoto Evasion, when I've opened the game to see if it works, The colours appeared on the Yomoshoto and not on the UFO. I did the recolour again, more carefully this time, I put it on the UFO, and when I opened the game, again, the same story. The colours appeared on the original Yomoshoto. Can someone help me with this?

Test Subject
#932 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 3:27 AM
I already donwloaded all the software stated in the tutorial but most of my custom content didn't show up in SimPe.Can anybody tell me how to enable my custom content show up in the catelogue?
Test Subject
#933 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 5:13 PM
Did u have custom content enabled? If not, make sure it is.

If you click the start button, thats why it don't show up. Make sure that you clicked the Open button

Test Subject
#934 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 4:44 AM
I recently tried to recolor the Nightlife coffin, but it didn't show up in the catalog in SimPe! I have Deluxe installed, which indeed contains the elements included in Nightlife. But when I go to the catalog, none of the Nightlife objects are there. I have University installed and objects from that expansion show up fine.

I checked the Extra/Preferences/System Folders and changed the Nightlife folder to "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Deluxe\EP2", ran a check to see if everything pointed to where it was supposed to, even changed the folder paths for the Nightlife folders in the File Table. The Nightlife checkbox is checked, but greyed out (just like the EPs that I don't have). I do have the CEP installed, if that helps.

I've tried exiting and restarting SimPe, but no luck there. Is there a way to fix this or am I going to have to buy a copy of Nightlife? And apologies if there's a more appropriate thread for this issue.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#935 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maruko_20
I already donwloaded all the software stated in the tutorial but most of my custom content didn't show up in SimPe.Can anybody tell me how to enable my custom content show up in the catelogue?

By default, only the Maxis objects appear in SimPE's Object Workshop; you could include all the downloaded stuff (click "Add Downloads" in Extra -> Preferences -> File Table), but this can make the loading of Objects Workshop VERY long.
The best way to recolour/clone a custom object is to open Object Workshop, and click "OPEN..." (instead of "Start"). then load the custom object you want to work with and proceed like usual.

Quote: Originally posted by SabreKitteh
I have Deluxe installed, which indeed contains the elements included in Nightlife. But when I go to the catalog, none of the Nightlife objects are there.

I've recently read on SimPE site that a bug related to Deluxe was fixed. If you are a QA member, download the latest QA version and check the QA thread to see if the fixed bug is related to Object Workshop; otherwise, wait for the upcaming AL-version of SimPE, that should contain the fix.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#936 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 4:00 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, Numenor. Hope this helps others who've had the same problem.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#937 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 4:36 PM
I confirm the find. The relevant thread is:
http://simpeforum.ambertation.de/si...-Deluxe-version

The bug applies to Deluxe and DoubleDeluxe. Hopefully they will fix this in the next update.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#938 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 2:45 PM
hey, Numenor, I really need your help. I got a problem when I tryied to recolour wintermuteai1's UFO, which is cloned from the original Yomoshoto Evasion. Ok, I made the recolours, I go through the basic procedure of recolouring objects, and then, when I started the game to see if they work, the recolours have show up only on the Maxis Yomoshoto Evasion. I did this again, and then, the same story. Do you know why it happens like this?

Test Subject
#939 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 10:01 AM
Ok u lost me ut ill try it out anyway
Test Subject
#940 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 11:55 AM
Default Problem
Hi, awesome tutorial but after doing the whole thing step by step, my recolours only show when i zoom in. For example a bed i recoloured green will look green when i zoom in on it, but once i zoom out it will just go back to the beds original colour.

So wondering if you knew how to fix this.

thanks
Test Subject
#941 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 11:12 AM
thank you
Test Subject
#942 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 6:53 PM
I followed the tutorial but it doesn't load the objects at all.
Field Researcher
#943 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jo95
Hi, awesome tutorial but after doing the whole thing step by step, my recolours only show when i zoom in. For example a bed i recoloured green will look green when i zoom in on it, but once i zoom out it will just go back to the beds original colour.

So wondering if you knew how to fix this.

thanks

Hi jo95,
You probably forgot to update all sizes. Import your image again, then right click on the image in simpe, and select "update all sizes. Then commit and save.

The Sim Supply!

Call me PD :)
Test Subject
#944 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 2:59 AM
I don't see why this is happening:
Field Researcher
#945 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 5:20 AM
Doubly click on the image, then select "plugin view". If that doesn't work, try selecting package, then plugin view. Or(last option I can think of) Extra/Preferences/simPeSettings/Resetlayout .

The Sim Supply!

Test Subject
#946 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 12:51 PM Last edited by Numenor : 9th Nov 2008 at 5:29 PM. Reason: Attachment moved to first post
I only want to add a translation of this Tutorial into german. It's really helpful for everybody who works with SimPE.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#947 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 5:30 PM
Thank you magicdawn! I've moved the attachment to the first post (and credited you in the main page, of course )

Test Subject
#948 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 2:02 AM
I downloaded the newest version of SimPE and the tut. didn't work for me I got up to step 3 and my window was a little different. the plugin button was not there so being that I was in the plugin view I clicked on texture image and saved it. but when I right clicked the image, which was a different color by the way, the build dxt was not available. so now I'm lost.
Test Subject
#949 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 4:20 AM Last edited by magicdawn : 12th Nov 2008 at 5:41 AM.
Build DXT ist only available with the Nvidia DDS Utilities. Take a look on the first site...

You can also use the button "Import" to load you image, then rightclick and "Update all sizes", but Numenor has explain why it's often better to use the DDS Utilities.
Field Researcher
#950 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 6:19 AM
lol, Magicdawn I think you mean first post
ccgre, you can get the DDS utilities from the below link,tosave you checking the first post
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/...ies_legacy.html

The Sim Supply!

Page 38 of 47