Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#1026 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:05 PM
Ok! I get my plug-in right now. But I don't really understand how to do that with copy the png's and that. I tested to delete the images that doesn't showed up my new "version", then I tested to right click and choose "add" and then choose all files and import the new image. But it didn't shows up as an image. It shows up as a block that calls "User-Definer"..?
It's all steps with copy these files. I don't get it. >_<

Tumblr: Springbunnysims
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1027 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nors
Ok! I get my plug-in right now. But I don't really understand how to do that with copy the png's and that. I tested to delete the images that doesn't showed up my new "version", then I tested to right click and choose "add" and then choose all files and import the new image. But it didn't shows up as an image. It shows up as a block that calls "User-Definer"..?
It's all steps with copy these files. I don't get it. >_<

So have you:
1. installed the plug-in?
2. direct the plug-in programme to your SimPE copy as shown in "what you need"?
3. Chosen "Build DXT" as shown in the third (3rd) picture in Step 3?
Test Subject
#1028 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 8:47 AM
Help?
The List of selectable objects in my SimPE is far from complete. I want to re-color an audio object but there are only 2 on the list (The Snowman one, and the Teen Style Stuff one). I've looked in other categories and found that there's only a few things in each category.

I have the CEP, and all the other stuff I need. Is there any way to get the rest of the stuff to show, or am I outta luck?
Test Subject
#1030 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
You don't have an updated CEP.

I've installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled the latest CEP, the list never gets any longer.
Mad Poster
#1031 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 6:43 AM
eiram2006,

Just in case, have you checked if the objects in questions are included in the CEP by checking the CEP documentation?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#1032 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 9:53 PM
I have all the stereo's in my list in SimPE, 15 or so total so they are included in CEP.

Make sure SimPE is not open when you uninstall/install CEP, also make sure the game is not running. Delete your Thumbnails folder, SimPE uses it to build its list. Also try re-installing SimPE, making sure to completely remove it first.
Test Subject
#1033 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 3:23 AM
Re-installing SimPE fixed it, Thank you.
Test Subject
#1034 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 2:04 PM
Wonderful tutorial.
Very easy to follow.
I was so excited when I recolored some posters following your directions.
Thanks!
xx
Test Subject
#1035 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:54 AM
A great tutorial as always, this was really helpful so thanks for this
Mad Poster
#1036 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I have all the stereo's in my list in SimPE, 15 or so total so they are included in CEP.

Make sure SimPE is not open when you uninstall/install CEP, also make sure the game is not running. Delete your Thumbnails folder, SimPE uses it to build its list. Also try re-installing SimPE, making sure to completely remove it first.

Thanks...
Test Subject
#1037 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 1:39 PM
Default Objects Not Loading
When, in Object Workshop, I click start, no objects load. Categories don't show up, and no green bar shows up at the bottom. It says "Loading Categories" and "Loading Objects" but only for a second, and then it disappears. All my paths in SimPE are correct, but still I am having a problem with it. Any advice?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#1038 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 5:35 AM
No objects loading sounds like SimPE cannot load the file table, it doesn't know where the game is installed.

Look in Preferences / File Table / Advanced - Does it list the locations? Or does it say Missing Folders? And have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?
Lab Assistant
#1039 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 7:26 PM
There's something thats not quite working right for me when i try and follow this tutorial. And it takes place in step 2.

When i open up one of the package files in SimPE (like how you do according to the tutorial) by clicking the start button (open button is located underneath that), i click the "next" button, and it immediatly opens up a window asking me to save the file (before ive even had a chance to do anything to it). And while that window is open, the SimPE window is going "please wait".

If i save the file, then the SimPE window says "object created" (when ive done nothing to it). Surely this aint right?
Instructor
#1040 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 1:24 AM
kraal,
after you click the ' next' do you get the option to ' recolor' or 'clone'?
You need to click on 'recolor', then SimPE will asked you to save the file first and it says ' please wait' while you write your new file name.
Then SimPE will load the files you need for your recolor...yes it is right.

You can find more of my stuff here: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downloads.php
Lab Assistant
#1041 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 10:45 AM Last edited by kraal7718 : 14th Aug 2009 at 12:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ~Dee~
kraal,
after you click the ' next' do you get the option to ' recolor' or 'clone'?
You need to click on 'recolor', then SimPE will asked you to save the file first and it says ' please wait' while you write your new file name.
Then SimPE will load the files you need for your recolor...yes it is right.

I do get the choice of both options (the default option is recolour tho). Maybe i just need to wait longer then for SimPE to bring up following facilities after clicking "next"?.

That would mean then that i would have to move the "save" window out of the way then, while i actually do modification.

LATER EDIT: Nothing happens, nothing happens. Ive clicked on the "next button", then the "save file as" window appears, and all i get is "please wait"......"please wait"......"please wait" (10 mins later)......"please wait"

I get no window or screen displaying at all, that actually allows me to make any modification when i select the recolour option.

Do i not have an up to date version of CEP?

Am i selecting the wrong type of files to modify?......ive tried them all, maxis objects, custom objects, custom meshes, ive tried them all, just the same fruitless result :-(
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Instructor
#1043 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 3:20 PM
You need to save your file FIRST before you can do anything to it, that's why the window stays there until you do.
Once you've given your file a name and saved, the window will disappear and you can do your recolor.
There is nothing wrong with SimPE, that's how it works.

Lab Assistant
#1044 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~Dee~
You need to save your file FIRST before you can do anything to it, that's why the window stays there until you do.
Once you've given your file a name and saved, the window will disappear and you can do your recolor.
There is nothing wrong with SimPE, that's how it works.

I have just had a go today at trying that aswell.

I opened up a file, i clicked on "next" then "please wait" came up, then shortly after that, the "save as" window came up, i saved the file as a chosen name, the "please wait" word changed to "object created", then i waited 10 mins for another window to appear so i could actually modify the file (recolour it), and it never came up :-(

There is either something in my SimPE that is missing, or it just aint working right :-(
Instructor
#1045 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 1:55 AM
Once the ' object created' comes up you've to click on the ' Texture Image' file to open it, then click on ' Export' you can then recolor it in your graphic's program.No window will pop up unless you click on ' Texture Image'.
I dosen't sound like you read this tut properly.

Field Researcher
#1046 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 1:17 AM
Quote:
[*] The "Legacy" Nvidia DDS Utilities: get them from this page (the download link is at the very bottom of the page) and install them, just like any Windows program; then, start SimPE, select the menu Extra / Preferences and fill in the field "Nvidia DDS Tools" with the exact installation path (you can use the "Browse" button to easier find the exact folder where the DDS Utilities are installed).[/list]

I am a window's Vista User, and I have installed it, twice, but SimPE doesn't reconize that it's there when I go to extras/prefrences... Help please? Could it be in a different place?
Lab Assistant
#1047 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 1:45 PM
I still cant get it to work :-(

I have tried reading the tutorial, but i am still stuck on that one area.

I click "open" to load up a custom content file, i then click "next", then the screen says "please wait", a window then appears asking me to "save as", i do that and no other window then appears, the black text that said "please wait" now says "object created".

Why dont i get a window coming up saying "subset selection" like the tutorial says i should get? (and yes, i know it says that that window will not appear if there is only one part of the object that can be recoloured).

I have no idea at all where the "Texture Image" function/button is either, i tried looking for it everywhere, im still stuck :-(
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#1048 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 2:45 PM
Zeth - You have to go to the Nvidia folder and select the dds file when in simpe, it's not going to find it automatically. If your using x64 Vista then look in Program Files (x86)/Nividia Corporation/DDS Utilities

kraal -

1. You answered your question about the window not showing for subset selection, you have chosen an object that does not have more than one subset.

2. Have you tried recoloring something else? It is possible your recoloring a custom object that is not recolorable. Try something from a different creator.

Do you get to step 3? The picture shows the 3 resources you have for an object recolor.
Test Subject
#1049 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 9:13 PM
If anyone is still watching or even cares about Sims2 anymore..I have a problem.

Yes all my programs are up to date, I have been recoloring via workshop for several years and this is the first time I have run into this.

I am attempting to recolor a rather old file made in 2005. The recolors result in the "newspaper" color, as it has been referred to earlier in this thread. They look like they are covered in a computer printout, all 1's and 0's.

I set SimPE to debug mode and tried again and recieved this error when attempting to export the texture

Anyone have an clues as to why this might be happening? The files names (MMAT, TXTR, etc) make be a bit suspicious as they have what appears to be a family string in them which is unusual (I started meshing about a year ago) and kind of suspect the entire file is a bit odd to begin with.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

For more lots, recolors and meshes, visit
Hula Sims
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#1050 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 12:20 AM
Well that sounds like either no texture found or a corrupt package. The filename that SimPE gives the recolor isn't too terribly important other than you don't want it the same as another package. There are a couple places in the resources to make sure are correct and pointing to the correct mesh and texture. If the workshop didn't pull correctly you can try manually fixing it. It's also possible the mesh isn't correct.

MMAT
modelName should point to the meshname_cres
objectGUID should point to the main mesh OBJD
subsetName should match the recolored subset for the mesh

TXMT
stdMatBaseTextureName should be the texture file name inside your recolor

Try looking at the recolor and make sure they point correctly to the mesh. If you can't figure it out you can also post in Object Creation Workshop & Repair. Although looking at the error, it looks like an error exporting the image. Have you tried exporting with a different name? Maybe it's too long.
Page 42 of 47