Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#1051 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 2:42 AM Last edited by Minena : 11th Dec 2009 at 3:04 AM. Reason: forgetful
Thanks for the reply. The MMAT apprears correct...I think the package is just fubared. If you want to play with it yourself it's available at BPS

HERE

Thanks again for the reply.

It's the room divider btw

For more lots, recolors and meshes, visit
Hula Sims
Advertisement
Test Subject
#1052 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 11:58 AM
Hello, sir. Can i ask you about this tutorials,. my SimPE doest have the build dxt in the image when i right click on it. can u HELP ME?please.

this is what i did,.
i open the file then choose recolor, and it automatically open the recolor package,
i exported the image.
next import.
then i right click
to click the build dxt menu,. i just cant click it.

im trying to make my recolor in transparent or in low opacity im using PSCS3,. with my texture in .png format. i follow the tuts and well now im stuck.

can you tell what should i doooo... omygod.
(panic)X_X help help.. my SimPE is this need some plug ins. WAHHH THANKYOU hope u reply on me.. im newbie..
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#1053 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 2:50 PM
maxinerei - Please go back to post one and reread it. Under the heading What You Need, step C lists the nVidia dds utilities. You need to download and install, then point to them in SimPE.

The problem package by Minena was solved and is at BPS. For curious cats, the resources inside had different names. It required a Fix Integrity.
Test Subject
#1054 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 1:06 PM
thankyou again,.umm hei,.
ive finish my object,. umm..ur the only one reply on me please well can i ask you if you know how can i make my object in Lit mode only(illuminated) and is it posible to make it animated to?.. please tech me..
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#1055 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 2:19 PM
Forum Resident
#1056 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 4:15 AM
This is a great tutorial.I haven't started yet although I have every tool needed. I'll have to read again&again to be sure. It's slowly making sense. Thanks for your great work.
Test Subject
#1057 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 7:00 PM Last edited by Bahamut285 : 21st Feb 2010 at 8:05 AM.
I just got the latest version of SimPE, and I don't know if it is me (I'm running Windows 7 x64), but it crashes VERY often. I'm trying to recolour some CC but the Subset Selection window is constantly turning up blank (all grey).

I used "Open" to select the CC package

**EDIT**: I got it to work, it just decided to behave thanks!!
Forum Resident
#1058 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 1:01 AM
Hi,I just wanna say this was a very strait forward & easy tutorial to follow. I already made several recol. items. Thank you very much for your hard work Numenor. Grazie multo,Bravo!
Test Subject
#1059 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 2:50 AM
This tutorial is great! Thanks so much! Without all your awesome tutorials I would never have gotten into all the recolouring stuff. I love to colour and draw and edit with photo shop so I jump at any oportunities like this.

I do have a slight problem though, well 2 actualy: I have been attempting to recolour Dragon Slave's brilliant horses [The Only Horse Your Sim Will Ever Need, not Lucy & Ginger] and I followed the totorial as exactly as I could but I hit a road block once I went in-game. I put the package in my downloads folder after finishing and then loaded my game. When I went to the horse and looked for my recolour, they just came up in the colours they already were and the manes and tails on the horses were that flashing blue? [I think I saw someone else with the flashing mane/tail problem] So not only did the recolours not work, half the object is blue?
Please help!

Thanks heaps,
Exotic011

-Exotic011
~Sim & Clothing Creater~
Lab Assistant
#1060 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 2:23 AM
umm my OW is only loading maybe one object per category and some categorys have no objects. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. it will open any package i have in my downloads but when i click start..yea bull. any ideas?
Mad Poster
#1061 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 10:49 AM Last edited by niol : 1st May 2010 at 5:44 AM.
Exotic011,

Sorry for a very late response. I'd try to answer if I noticed this thread recently posted.

My question and fact-based responses:
1. just in case, the object is made to be recoourable?
2. the blue flash can mean broken texture reference. In other words, the material file of the recolour file may be calling up a wrong texture address. That may interefere with the original object's material file rendering esp. when the object is not recolourable. These are possibilities but not limited.
3. Have you installed CEPs if it's in-game? Also may check if it's supported by CEPs.

My suggestions:
1. If you're unsure if the object is recolourable, may ask the maker of such object.
2. you may give the object link if it's not in-game.

metalheadneko,

May get a new copy of SimPE or check the game folder in the preference.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#1062 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 6:15 PM
The mane and tail of the horse have alpha channels. Alpha channels are something I've never worked with so I don't know if that would have anything to do with the flashing. And the horse is recolorable, Dragon Slave mentions that in the post.
Test Subject
#1063 Old 18th May 2010 at 11:12 PM
I downloaded the Nvidia Tools and for some reason i cant find them in the browse thing. It also says "The Nvidia DDS Tools were not found. You can download them here." And that gives me to the same link i downloaded it from. I keep downloading it but it wont work. My computer is Windows 7...does that have to do with it? What can I do?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#1064 Old 18th May 2010 at 11:47 PM
After downloading the nvidia tools you need to install them, then browse to the folder that they installed to. Usually C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\DDS Utilities
Test Subject
#1065 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 12:54 PM
how can you edit a custom object recolor shiny/metallic? please tell me how!!!!!!!!!!!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#1066 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 2:02 PM
To recolor custom objects you will need to use the Open instead of Start in Object Workshop and browse to where the mesh is. To change material properties you will want to edit the TXMT, and you can use this reference by Pixelhate.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=316260
Field Researcher
#1067 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 2:02 PM
You can do that in two ways:

1) Add reflection in the Material Definition as explained in this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...ight=reflection
Look for Dewshine's post.

2) Make a texture map that looks shiny. For instance take a look at how the texture map of the expensive Maxis fridge is done.

ETA:
Talk about simultaneous posting!

Moune's Neighbourhood
If you need a cool place for your sims to chill out.
Test Subject
#1068 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 5:59 AM
I'm very confused. And what if it only has one spot to recolour? All I want to do is make a Vampire Academy poster, but I can't figure this out.
Field Researcher
#1069 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 8:11 AM
GiraffeLady, could you be a little more specific. What is it you can't figure out? Some objects only have one subset to recolor. If you need two subsets you'll have to choose a different object to recolor.

Moune's Neighbourhood
If you need a cool place for your sims to chill out.
Lab Assistant
#1070 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 5:25 AM
Any way of getting this as something other than an internet window or a PDF? The computer I make my custom and recolours on isn't set up for PDF or internet. Help?
Top Secret Researcher
#1071 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 6:47 PM
I tried this with a custom object (Harry Potter book) to make a recolor (the other harry potter books) so there are no 14 images in buy mode, but just one with 13 recolors.
Making the recolor is no problem, but when I try it in game there are no images that there is a recolor.
What can I do?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#1072 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 9:41 PM
Do you mean the book isn't recolorable? If that is the case you need to contact the original creator so they can fix it. Otherwise, I'm not really sure what you mean. :/
Top Secret Researcher
#1073 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 10:21 PM
I don't know if it's recolorable. How can I find out?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Top Secret Researcher
#1075 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 7:42 AM
Never that's why I want to make a recolor. You see it are 14 separate books in buy mode. I want it to be one book in buy mode with 13 recolors so I don't see 14 different books in buy mode.

Page 43 of 47