Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#1301 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 10:40 AM Last edited by Helena : 11th Dec 2008 at 11:14 AM.
Default Please help me fix this
Hi all there, I am working on new mesh of curtains, I follow this great tutorial, all is ok, but I am not able to make good texture - I mean this : in front view all is ok, but from back view there is nothing visible. I'm using Blender3D, and this I see when I set "textured" view in "objects mode", and then in game it's the same. I do some mistake, but don't know, where, so, is here anybody, who can help me ? Thank you very much
Oh, and I must say - no changes of texture value I've made in SimPE, this I'm planning after I'll fix this first problem.
I am new in meshing, so thanks for patience
Advertisement
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
#1302 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 1:57 PM
Hi Helena,
In TXMT and Plugin view, try to find the line called 'stdMatCullMode' and change the value from 'cullClockwise' to 'none'.

Sorry I can't take requests anymore!
And I will probably never convert my creations for TS2 to TS3.
Test Subject
#1303 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by -Maylin-
Hi Helena,
In TXMT and Plugin view, try to find the line called 'stdMatCullMode' and change the value from 'cullClockwise' to 'none'.

Thank you, Maylin, but it doesn't work, it's still the same
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
#1304 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 8:47 PM
I can take a look on your package if you want to upload it here.

Test Subject
#1305 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 5:42 PM Last edited by SteveDaEgg : 14th Dec 2008 at 5:50 PM. Reason: Update
Hi, i'm following the tutorial using Wings3D and am unsure what to do at the point wher you say to, choose tesselate from the right click menu, because when i right click i don't see tesselate. I am using the latest version of Wings3D. If anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks

Steve

P.S. Great guide by the way, it's really helpful and not too complex.

EDIT: It doesn't matter, i found out what i did wrong and fixed it.
Forum Resident
#1306 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 8:34 AM
make sure you are on the select by face part of wings, then go tesselate, triangulate.
Test Subject
#1307 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 12:26 AM
Okay, I did all of the steps up until the part where you highlight the geometric data container and go to plugin view, my screen under content is Blank! A message pops up saying "Warning: You need to installe Managed Directx." Please help!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#1308 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 1:22 AM
luigi - Go back to the SimPE download page here:
http://sims.ambertation.de/en/download/realdownload/
See the links under the "Needed Software to run SimPE" section? You need to install the second one, "Managed Direct X 9c (only if you want to work with Meshes)".
Test Subject
#1309 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 11:35 PM Last edited by caboose2333 : 11th Jan 2009 at 11:40 PM.
HAHA nvm Echo just helped me, l had the same problem as luigisorchestra Thank you Echo!!!!!
Test Subject
#1310 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by -Maylin-
I can take a look on your package if you want to upload it here.

Hi, I wasn´t able to place it here earlier ... so, I´ve made similiar mesh to the one I've talked about before - I´ve used the same way to make it. So, if you'll be able take some time to look at it and help me fix it, I´ll be happy !
I´ve tested the package file in game and all is ok, only one side visibility is bad . The link to file is
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SIWN3AD1 - I´ve placed there only mesh, no package, I mean I did any mistake in Blender, no in making package file. The curtain mesh is from two parts - the texture of the box isn't also visible on all sides. Thank you and see you soon !
Test Subject
#1311 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 2:49 AM
Can you help me in sim pe it wont let me open the
scenegraphthingy it just stays gray
The ModFather
retired moderator
#1312 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 10:16 AM
Be sure that the package has been correctly saved, before using the Scenegrapher.
Also, you could try closing SimPE and then reopening the package.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#1313 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 4:19 AM
it wont let me select all legs in milkshape Its ssssoooooo cute lol
Test Subject
#1314 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 4:46 PM
Default Help
Ok I Just to know how to Upload to (MTS2)

Manoman.
Field Researcher
#1315 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by manomans
Ok I Just to know how to Upload to (MTS2)

In the "menu" Create select Upload Items. Be sure to read the Creator Guidelines.

It's alright to make mistakes you're only human. Inside everybody's hiding something. Take time to catch your breath and choose your moment. Don't slide.
Lab Assistant
#1316 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 8:09 PM
GAH! Help! Where can I get a "mesh exporter"? SimPE says I don't have one!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#1317 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 9:34 PM
In order to export the mesh you have to select the GMDC and click the button "Export..."; SimPE comes with several built-in exporters (when you click "Export", a window will open up, allowing you to choose the file format and the filename).
Perhaps you have to reinstall SimPE, and be sure that all the components are checked.

Exactly, when SimPE says you don't have a mesh exporter?

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#1318 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 5:57 AM
HELP! i have made my object and stuff but i CANT replace the obld mesh with the new, with my object after inserting the new mesh it has 6 boxes to tick instead of 3!!! what am i doin wrong!!! help me!!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#1319 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 9:09 AM
While importing the new mesh you should see this window:

(the mesh names will be different of course, this is just an example).
Use the selector marked in red to choose the "Replace" option, and the green selector to select the mesh that you want to replace.
You must modify the selectors for EACH mesh listed on the left: when finished, you should read in the "Action" column (on the left) only "Replace", and no "Add".

Test Subject
#1320 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 11:47 AM
nice tutorial jwoods. but i have a problem whenever i clone an object in SimPE and put a custom mesh on the clone it changes the original what am i doing wrong?

Klaw444
Field Researcher
#1321 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 6:04 PM
Look at the Numenor's screenshot. Are you "replacing" the old mesh to the new mesh?

It's alright to make mistakes you're only human. Inside everybody's hiding something. Take time to catch your breath and choose your moment. Don't slide.
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
#1322 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 6:33 PM Last edited by -Maylin- : 22nd Feb 2009 at 6:47 PM.
klaw444: Have you thought to register a new GUID for your mesh?

Test Subject
#1323 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 8:00 PM
ah thank you eletrodj, -Maylin- you really helped me out

Klaw444
Forum Resident
#1324 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 11:50 AM
I downloaded the first tutorial, but I can't go further at page 16 and 17.
When I type .14 and click x , and then click scale, nothing happens..
And when I want to move something (page 17), the shape won't change, but it's moved in the direction I drew.
I can't explain very well.
Can somebody help me please??

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Forum Resident
#1325 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsShine
I downloaded the first tutorial, but I can't go further at page 16 and 17.
When I type .14 and click x , and then click scale, nothing happens..
And when I want to move something (page 17), the shape won't change, but it's moved in the direction I drew.
I can't explain very well.
Can somebody help me please??

Never mind, I've got it!

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Page 53 of 58