Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

HomeworkSometimesFasterFun

by Jenflower Posted 15th Dec 2004 at 10:57 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 7:11 AM by Jenflower : Apartment Life version uploaded again after server crash

243 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 237 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 10
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 9:55 AM
Well done! Great job!
Instructor
#127 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 10:45 PM
I absolutely love this hack! Thank you so much! The biggest benefit I've had from it is my largest family and all the extended families have too many memories *roughly 20 kids sired by the male* and it caused a problem that the teens get off the bus at 1:pm and the younger kids would appear out in the yard a few minutes later. No fanfare, no homework ever. I put your patch in and now the bus problem is over *miracle* and they have homework like the hack intended which is sometimes. hehe The only thing I don't exactly like is that some kids are nearly teens before they finally bring in homework and get to be taught how to study. Their grades go UP ok though. Its just odd three days or so before turning to teen they bring in homework. lol
Test Subject
#128 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 6:59 AM
Random question: Just downloaded this mod and like it a lot, but one of my teen sim girls now comes home and consistently places her homework in completely random locations, like outside on a small deck, behind a staircase, etc... It's almost as if she wants me to forget it's there... hmm... realistic teenage behavior, I suppose. =p

I'm pretty certain this behaviour isn't caused by your hack, but has anyone else had any experience with it?
Test Subject
#129 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 7:07 AM Last edited by sophy4tim : 15th Feb 2005 at 7:10 AM.
IT WORKS! i downloaded it and tried it out some of my simmies got hw and others didn't and the ones that did it was less tedious gettin them to do their hw!!!

:yippee: i'm gettin married!! :yippee:
Test Subject
#130 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 7:11 AM
mine always have found odd places to put it. but my sims r all together scary!!!!!
Field Researcher
#131 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 2:26 PM
Compatible hacks:
This hack can be used with the 'nocheering hack' and the 'no A+ memory hack'.

where did you get the no A+memory hack ..i hate having so many memory just for A+ ..i dont remember any of it so why should my sims ..
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 7:03 PM
Is this hack university compatable?
Instructor
#133 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 6:54 AM
I have it in my University game...it didnt cause the game to crash or freeze up...I havent been able to see if it works on kids because I've mostly just been playing the University part of the game...but at least it doesnt make my game freeze during loading :D
Test Subject
#134 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 6:17 PM
I have this hack installed and the only thing I noticed is that the pop-up to state there is no homework for little Johnny is blank. I can live with that. :o)
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 3:52 PM
This hack hasn't made my game crash since I got University. YAY!
Field Researcher
#136 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 10:02 PM
I love this hack but I really hope it gets updated to include young adults term papers and assignments.

I get so annoyed when Fun drops on my Uni knowledge YA when he is doing his term papers and assignments.
Test Subject
#137 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 12:15 PM
Has anyone tested it for young adults term papers and assigments yet
Test Subject
Original Poster
#138 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 2:50 PM
mimmi: As of right now, I have made no changes to the hack....it does not affect mood while doing term papers or assignments.
So, even though the hack works as usual with the EP for the neighborhood kids, it doesn't affect any college students.
I think I might make a change in the future to make it less fun-sucking for the smart college sims, but for now, they will just have to suffer the trials of college work. Sorry, folks....college isn't easy, you know!

By the way - the term papers and assignments are always optional and you can graduate college with high grades without doing any term papers at all. Other ways you can raise your grade points: going to class, woohooing your professor, talking about your major, asking for tutoring, doing research and attending the final.
Also - make sure that you research with as many people as you can. By researching alone, you raise your class performance bar by 60 points an hour, but if you research with 5+ Sims, you can raise it 120 points an hour.
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 3:06 PM
I used to love homework I was a teachers pet thogh :D
Test Subject
#140 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 1:01 PM
Thank you this hack is very helpful to my Sims.
Test Subject
#141 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neriana
*raises hand*

I generally had a total of about 2 hours of homework a night as a teenager, counting all subjects. Sometimes a lot more. My teachers always gave far more homework over weekends, and as for winter break, what break? A+s were also impossible at my school; 100% counted as an "A". I don't like the "get A+" wants because they seem so silly to me. A is plenty. The "A+" wants remind me of my friend who cried because she got a B+ on one quiz in calculus the second semester of senior year.

I would also like homework every day, including Fridays, for my teen Sims, because that's what my experience was. However, children generally get less homework, or should, so this hack is perfect in that area.

I concur with you. I wish that Maxis would of made the homework system to suit different types of students. I though this hack was pretty creative, but that's not how it is for most students who wanted to enter a four-year college.
Field Researcher
#142 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsmomma
where did you get the no A+memory hack ..i hate having so many memory just for A+ ..i dont remember any of it so why should my sims ..

For those of you who are still searching for the no A+ memory hack, here is a link to the thread that contains it.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=9788

It took a bit of finagling with the search tool, but I was able to find it again. The thing is, I guess it must be an older thread since it is in the General Modding forum instead, and it doesn't appear as the top/first hit when you search for "no A plus memory hack" :-P

You would think the search engine would be smart enough to find it and list at the top since this is exactly what you are looking for, but this thread actually ends up on the second page, and somewhere near the bottom to boot. :-P

I don't know, but maybe the search engine sorts threads by date posted or most recent posted to?

In any case, read the thread as it states that this completely gets rid of A+ memories, from what I understand. Which, personally for me, isn't an ideal solution, as I would like my sims to get A+ memories (especially when the parents have Wants for their kids to get A+ or become and overachiever), but it would be nice if someone could come up with a way to only have One A+ memory to satisfy this, and any subsequent A+ memories should be supressed. I agree with what has been said in that thread, once you get an A+ there is no Freakin need to clog up your memories with every other freakin A+ you get. I am almost tempted to NOT do homework just so my kids don't get them damned memories anymore. :-P

Ste
Test Subject
#143 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 8:38 PM
That hack doesn't mess with wants, though. I've had it installed since forever (I like to look at my sims' memories for various reasons, and I hate having to sort through all that useless crap..."when did Mona make chief of staff, again? oh yeah, it was right after Maya got an A+! great!") and kids and teens fulfill their A+ wants (and their parents') just like before. You just don't have to look at all those idiotic memories. It's a great hack, really.
Field Researcher
#144 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katemonster
That hack doesn't mess with wants, though.

<snip>

kids and teens fulfill their A+ wants (and their parents') just like before. You just don't have to look at all those idiotic memories. It's a great hack, really.

Ahhh... cool. Yeah, my teen sims have Waaaaaaaaaayyy too many A+ memories. But that is mostly my fault because previously, I was always playing with Aging off, as I had no idea that the non career inspiration rewards were "re-purchasable" and that there was an Elixir of Life to reverse time anyway. :P

The only nitpick I have is the need to remove the hack if you actually want your sims to have that memory. I wish there was like a way you can sort of enable/disable the hack in-game. I don't want to have to play until all my kids for a certain household get the A+ and then have to quit, load hack, and re-enter. I'm really lazy that way. Hehe

But thanks, katemonster for the info!
Instructor
#145 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 5:24 AM
well you could also use merola's hacked painting to add or subtract days to everybodys lives (among the other wonderful things that painting does) lol I love this hack...my kids have more time to be kids instead of doing homework for a long time after they get home everyday :D
Test Subject
#146 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 1:13 PM
Wow! Thanks so much. I cannot wait to try this out! Will let you know if I have any problems.
#147 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 11:56 AM
What are the files and where can you find them?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#148 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 7:45 PM
The file and instructions are located in the very first post of this thread.
Test Subject
#149 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 8:17 AM
Good Job!
Field Researcher
#150 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 11:32 PM
i liked homework so should my sims, thanx
Page 6 of 10