Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#1276 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Ambition was an official OFB remake, not FT.

Ambitions was not an OFB remake. OFB was about owning and running a business or venue. Ambitions was about professions, EA careers without rabbitholes. The two were very different. I think there is still room for a business pack.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#1277 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
Ambitions was not an OFB remake. OFB was about owning and running a business or venue. Ambitions was about professions, EA careers without rabbitholes. The two were very different. I think there is still room for a business pack.

I'd love an OFB Sims 3 EP as well but since Grant Rodiek has already confirmed that "Ambitions was our version of Open for Business," we'll likely never see such an EP.
Scholar
#1278 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LotrFanboy
I'd love an OFB Sims 3 EP as well but since Grant Rodiek has already confirmed that "Ambitions was our version of Open for Business," we'll likely never see such an EP.

Yep, the OFB-like EP is probably never be remade for TS3, as the production team felt that Ambitions is 'good enough' to be OFB replacement, which they're wrong!

Hey there! :)
Mad Poster
#1279 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 4:07 PM
Well, there is a business aspect to the game (purchasing properties, and "upgrading" them), and you can sell your creations or junk at a consignment shop (you would that think if you owned it, you could control what does and does not get sold, but that's not the case), but, yes, it's not the same.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#1280 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 4:31 PM
Ewww, I really do not like Grant Rodiak. He does not get the Sims games.
Scholar
#1281 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 5:51 PM Last edited by 9b8ll : 1st Feb 2012 at 11:12 PM. Reason: dammit typo's
Quote: Originally posted by LotrFanboy
I was really heartbroken when he Confirmed it . I'm being really positive that once the modders find a way to create custom professions and a custom venues then profession like Florist, bakery, etc will be a reality. But Ambitons is not the same as OFB; not even close to it. So let me guess the fog emitters in AMB are the answers to seasons EP?
Lab Assistant
#1282 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 9b8ll
I was really heartbroken when he Confirmed it .

Me too. I really wanted to start up my own bakery or something.
Top Secret Researcher
#1283 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 12:57 AM
I wouldn't give up hope. Grant isn't even working on the Sims games anymore and there is a reason for that I am betting. Besides, they do seem to add things that people want and I am not sure it would be a huge stretch from consignment registers to the ability to own a shop and sell from your own register. They might just add it if they see how much folks want it.
Lab Assistant
#1284 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
I wouldn't give up hope. Grant isn't even working on the Sims games anymore and there is a reason for that I am betting. Besides, they do seem to add things that people want and I am not sure it would be a huge stretch from consignment registers to the ability to own a shop and sell from your own register. They might just add it if they see how much folks want it.

Yes, I suppose they could add an item and/or interaction or two that will make this a possibility, if they thought the desire for it was great enough. But if Ambitions is indeed the Sims 3 version of OFB, then we won't see an entire EP devoted to this theme (which is what is needed in order to do it justice), simply because I'm pretty sure EA planned out all the EPs they were going to make well ahead of time.

But hey, I really hope I'm wrong about this. Next to weather/seasons, there isn't an EP out there that I would like more than an OFB-style one.
Top Secret Researcher
#1285 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 3:54 PM
Yes, a huge disappointment. Grant should never have let that cat out of the bag. It makes me much less enthusiastic about this game. Maybe I will get other things done instead. lol
Instructor
#1286 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 7:31 PM
One thing I've been thinking about is the way Pets are so customizable. If you go into advanced mode, you can do all kinds of things... The thing that really caught my attention, though, is how you place spots/markings on their coats. You just drag and drop, rotate, resize, recolor..... its awesome, but something I'm not likely to use much because I'm usually happy with the pre-made breeds and maybe a few minor tweaks.

Now what I'm REALLY thinking is - why don't we have a similar system to put tattoos on our sims?! > That would be INFINITELY better than the limited placement/sizes we have now, even with mods to give us more options. And it'd probably be easier to make custom tattoos, so that we have consistency in the tattoo system - instead of some tattoos here, some as custom skintones, some hiding in accessories, etc...

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Lab Assistant
#1287 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 3:07 PM
@ Punky, that would probably be great, when I think about it now it's probably the reason why I do use Tattoos so damn less or at last I can't remember when was the last time I used them...

But I really miss the weather, the Uni Campus and the Open For Business options, it was always fun to have a store on the floor downstairs and the family home on the topper floor... as much as I like the Sims 3 I so miss the ideas from Sims 2

They tell us everything's alright and we just go along;
How can we fall asleep at night when something's clearly wrong?
When we can feed a starving world with what we throw away;
But all we serve are empty words that always tastes the same...

Nickelback - When We Stand Together
Scholar
#1288 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 8:59 PM
[QUOTE=Arwen_1986

But I really miss the weather, [/QUOTE]
I agree. Where is the Seasons EP already?!
Test Subject
#1289 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 7:34 PM
If EA doesn't come out with a Seasons EP for the sims 3 next expansion I'm going to riot! They've slacked off with this newest expansion (ShowTime). It'll the first sim expansion I don't want to buy.
Forum Resident
#1290 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 2:40 AM Last edited by noxnoxnox : 9th Feb 2012 at 4:47 AM.
I am so disappointed with that Ambitions is OFB thing, actually I were not impressed by Ambitions at all, my firefighter always fights alone, he seems like a psycho babysitter for other sims at the station, it doesn't seem heroic or grand like it could be, the Private Investigator is like a recycle mess of WA quest+Journalist Interview interaction with repetitive and boring tasks, the Stylist is obviously just a simple "Edit in CAS" with random requests, the Architecture is just not better than "Build/Buy Here" cheats. The Doctor doesn't do justice, I still hope some modders can make it possible to hold the Vaccination and Free Health Clinic out of working hours so I can setup a small clinic for my doctor sims. But other than that, there is no bed-lying patient, no single wound or sickness or deathbed or something that I can type to the hospital realistic interaction. The no-rabbit-hole jobs could have been awesome, it's a good concept, Grant's team screw that up and he's not even ashamed to admit it.
Lab Assistant
#1291 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by noxnoxnox
I am so disappointed with that Ambitions is OFB thing, actually I were not impressed by Ambitions at all, my firefighter always fights alone, he seems like a psycho babysitter for other sims at the station, it doesn't seem heroic or grand like it could be, the Private Investigator is like a recycle concept of WA quest+Journalist Interview interaction with repetitive and boring tasks, the Stylist is obviously just a simple "Edit in CAS" with random requests, the Architecture is just not better than "Build/Buy Here" cheats. The Doctor doesn't do justice, I still hope some modders can make it possible to hold the Vaccination and Free Health Clinic out of working hours so I can setup a small clinic for my doctor sims. But other than that, there is no bed-lying patient, no single wound or sickness or deathbed or something that I can type to the hospital realistic interaction. The no-rabbit-hole jobs could have been awesome, it's a good concept, Grant's team screw that up and he's not even ashamed to admit it.

Yeah, Ambitions really was a piss-poor excuse for an OFB "remake." I would have very much preferred the ability to make our own shops, but even still the professions could have been good. Like you said, it was a good (not great) concept, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.
Top Secret Researcher
#1292 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 5:53 AM
The problem with Ambitions is that there is nothing new. Every fire feels the same after a while, every clinic in the park, every trash can dig, every interview. There is no challenge, nothing to make you think about what you are doing. In OFB, I failed a lot before I succeeded. A lot of my businesses didn't work out and left my poor sim having to get a REAL job in order to pay the bills. But when they did work out, it felt like a real accomplishment. It wasn't about collecting all the fish, or running for 100 miles (Showtime's silly challenges). It was about ME trying to make the business work, hiring the right people, training them, motivating them, schmoozing the customers and working with a budget. It was like Sim City and was a real simulation as well as a challenge.

Honestly, the only challenge I am having now is to build a working town in CAW with enough people to keep the town from dying out...and juggling mods to make the game playable. Sometimes that feels more like work than a fun challenge. Grant's team did mess up the game, big time. As much I dislike the whole celebrity thing, I do think Showtime might be a little better. At least there is some challenge...you have to please the audience and try to get good reviews. If they would add some sort of challenging business or farming pack to the game, I think it could redeem it in my eyes. My guess is we will get one with Seasons, some deco to go with the seasons, coats, and everyone will love the pretty shininess, even if there is no substance.
Scholar
#1293 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KosmoKhaos
If EA doesn't come out with a Seasons EP for the sims 3 next expansion I'm going to riot! They've slacked off with this newest expansion (ShowTime). It'll the first sim expansion I don't want to buy.

Amen to that, KosmoKhaos!
I am waiting for Seasons myself.
Hurry up, EA!!
Test Subject
#1294 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 7:53 PM
to be honest the seasons things wouldnt be like good of an idea to be honest. Look at pets and the crashes people are suffering from and yeah its a large expansion pack but seasons would just be too powerful. Everyones computers would explode
Scholar
#1295 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 11:45 PM
Seasons would be awesome and more activities taking place in rivers and on sea in normal neighbourhoods would be very nice too.

But after playing with creating catalogues in buy and building mode, I just realised that what I would really like to see is being able to set a theme for a neighbourhood. So that you can chose which items, building stuff and clothes are allowed to be used in a neighbourhood. So you can actually make themed neighbourhoods work. For example a western neighbourhood where cars and schoolbusses dont show etc. This would also offer extra incentive for artists to create new items for specific themes.

I also would like to see more landscaping options in edit town and Open for Business features, so you can actually create an art gallery to display your paintings/sculptures/pictures and sell them.

The least interesting things for me are social connectivity features like in upcoming ep and the becoming famous type of gameplay.
Theorist
#1296 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 11:22 AM
One of the acheivements in the next patch will be called 'No Chance of Rain'

Description: As a Weatherman or Weatherwoman, go swimming at the Community Pool 5 separate times

I wonder what this means?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#1297 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 4:20 PM
You can be a weather(wo)man in Sims 3 journalism career. Be that, and go swimming 5 times.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#1298 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
One of the acheivements in the next patch will be called 'No Chance of Rain'

Description: As a Weatherman or Weatherwoman, go swimming at the Community Pool 5 separate times

I wonder what this means?

I don't know, but I want my sims to swim in the frakkin ocean.

And I want hobbies, hurr-durr!

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Mad Poster
#1299 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 10:07 AM Last edited by DigitalSympathies : 6th Mar 2012 at 11:49 PM.
I have a strong feeling that the next EP will be a HUGE combo of a few TS2/TS1 ones. Every indicator says so. I'm thinking weather, hobbies (probable, or at least a heavy emphasis on sports/the arts), university/college/community college (is that what they call it?) some AL elements like breakdancing . . . call it Community Life or something!

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait.

APPARENTLY there was a full-blown leaked trailer on YouTube for The Sims 3: Weather Days (stupidest. title. ever. why. not. just. say. four. seasons.) and there were retail pages set up and then hidden and everything. It's slated for June! :D

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Inventor
#1300 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 12:06 PM
Someone hasn't been paying attention at EA. I just found these effects listed in the 1.32 _SWB. And yes, I tested a few. They work.

Beware of mega spoilers:

Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 52 of 67