Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#1126 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Joyce333
When it comes to connecting with other players online – The Sims 4 is the game you want it to be.

Stop trying to make me socialize with people!

C-A
Advertisement
Alchemist
#1127 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:45 PM
And stop trying to make fetch happen, EA.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#1128 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:47 PM
Quote:
When it comes to connecting with other players online – The Sims 4 is the game you want it to be.

No it's not. We can't connect with other players, only what they created.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#1129 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
No it's not. We can't connect with other players, only what they created.

We can comment endlessly on their content! That must be connecting!...
Lab Assistant
#1130 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:52 PM
I wish it would be 2013 again. Everything was possible and we could dream. They just showed us some wonderful New Orleans Maisons and a bit of emotions. Sims 4 was like a Virgin, so purely and innocent. But now our biggest nightmare has officially started and we can just pray.

1,2,3 everybody say : "Goodbye old Sims 4!

Alchemist
#1131 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Manueldog
Sims 4 was like a Virgin, so purely and innocent.

Fucked for the very fourth time.
Forum Resident
#1132 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:54 PM
I don't want to connect with other players. I just want to play the game like in the old times, where facefook and the selfie generation wouldn't be anywhere near my damn game.
Test Subject
#1133 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:57 PM
Kotaku made an article about this mess:
http://kotaku.com/the-sims-4-is-dit...-1596466582/all
Instructor
#1134 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:57 PM
I'm still in shock guys so forgive me if the following statement/question is off topic. So since there are no toddlers, are we going back to the old Sim kid jumps out of the cradle thing again, this just can't be real. I swear I think I'm in a bad dream.
Field Researcher
#1135 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plumbobot
I don't want to connect with other players. I just want to play the game like in the old times, where facefook and the selfie generation wouldn't be anywhere near my damn game.

Aside from money, nothing about the Sims ever screamed online intrusion from the rest of the world. Biggest reason why I avoided getting Showtime. I can avoid Simport forever.
Instructor
#1136 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 6:01 PM
I can't believe this! Someone says toddlers aren't the key of sims? WTF, and from where did young adults teach to walk? From school? Ahhh...
Lab Assistant
#1137 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
Fucked for the very fourth time.

Sorry, hitting "agree", "love" and "funny" just wasn't enough for this gem. This should be the tagline for Sims 4
Field Researcher
#1138 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Edero
I can't believe this! Someone says toddlers aren't the key of sims? WTF, and from where did young adults teach to walk? From school? Ahhh...

I bet that's where Sims 4 kids will learn their basic functioning life skills. Removes the parents from the equation entirely. No middleman. Sounds so EA.
Top Secret Researcher
#1139 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stana
Sorry, hitting "agree", "love" and "funny" just wasn't enough for this gem. This should be the tagline for Sims 4

Many gems in this thread

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Instructor
#1140 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iShiila
I bet that's where Sims 4 kids will learn their basic functioning life skills. Removes the parents from the equation entirely. No middleman. Sounds so EA.

And how will they even get to school?
Mad Poster
#1141 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 6:06 PM
Playing the song I posted from YouTube and crying in my coffee. I wish I could have a drink of something stronger right now.

~Deep down you know it's best for yourself but you
Hate the thought of her being with someone else
But you know that it's over
You know that it was through
Let it burn
Let it burn
Gotta let it burn~

~I'm twisted cause one side of me is tellin' me that I need to move on
On the other side I wanna break down and cry (oh)
I'm twisted cause one side of me is tellin' me that I need to move on
On the other side I wanna break down and cry (yeah)~

My feels right now. Is that enough emotions for you, EA? Mofos!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#1142 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Edero
And how will they even get to school?

They can still crawl. Tommy Pickles was close enough to infancy and he only had a plastic hammer, what's stopping these kids?
Instructor
#1143 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 6:09 PM
They can still crawl. Tommy Pickles was close enough to infancy and he only had a plastic hammer, what's stopping these kids?

I may buy sims 4 for that!

Crawling kids... why did this happen?
Forum Resident
#1144 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 6:09 PM
I love reading all the sassy comments on the Sims facebook.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#1145 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 6:11 PM
Wow, I would never had thought that Kotaku would post this stuff some day. Clearly, we've experienced a next-level calamity that has reached beyond regular Sim-dom!
Wouldn't want to be in the marketing department's shoes right now...
Forum Resident
#1146 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 6:11 PM
Aside from money, nothing about the Sims ever screamed online intrusion from the rest of the world. Biggest reason why I avoided getting Showtime. I can avoid Simport forever.

And keep avoiding it like the plague Honey, worst piece of shit I ever wasted my money on. I sold it on ebay after 2 weeks of having it.
Field Researcher
#1147 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 6:13 PM
I love Kotaku!
Now we play the waiting game for more sites like IGN, Gamespot and so on to write about it

Let's give EA Hell!
Instructor
#1148 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 6:13 PM
Quote:
I really don't mind that there are no pools or toddlers in the base game. Sometimes I get annoyed with toddlers, and I hardly take my sims swimming anyways. :S
I love the town that EA has created for us, though. It looks beautiful. A lot of new versions of my favorite games have been coming out this year including the Sims 4. I'm so excited for all of them!

She gets annoyed with,with...*can't say this*...with,with toddlers?
Where did this world go?
Alchemist
#1149 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plumbobot
And keep avoiding it like the plague Honey, worst piece of shit I ever wasted my money on. I sold it on ebay after 2 weeks of having it.

Yes, the worst piece of SHT.
Forum Resident
#1150 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nic
Sorry but is he stupid or why does he keep pretending SimCity worked after 2 days. It did NOT. The Game isn't even working now the way they intended it to work, and there won't be any patch to fix it. I mean it's good that Maxis tried to fix it but they FAILED.
And yes i would rather see TS4 to bomb, because that would be the final nail in the coffin for EA.
Then there is the chance that someone better will get their hands on this franchise.

Plus, Consumerist is not really an irrelevant site. It's affiliated with Consumer Reports. EA didn't make Worst Company in America two years in a row just because of a few "picky" or "whiny" gamers. The second year in a row was probably heavily influenced by Sims City, but I also remember that incident made news outside of the community. I mean FFS, EA beat out Bank of America, Walmart, and other truly evil corporations that have wreaked havoc on people's real lives. I remember a lot of arguments about why EA should have won over those companies when they just make video games. And one argument that was made was that, well, games are supposed to be fun. They're supposed to distract us from the sad and rough things in our lives. You expect horrible treatment from a bank, but not from a video game company.

I also remember one argument being that EA has only recently turned bad, so there's still hope for them to turn it around. Although I don't think that ended up being true.

Quote: Originally posted by eufl
There is a chance, that Maxis will be selled to another Publisher, if EA dies...

And to be honest: I bought Sims 3 in 2011 and it was still not playable. Last year, after the last patch came out and after nRaas´ mods were actualized - I started with playing Sims 3. But till today Sims 3 is only working WITH mods made by MATY or nRaas. That is a shame, as a product, I pay for, should work without help from indies.
I am not thinking about Sims 4 too much, for now I have two Sims games and they are nice, I know the problems, and I have chances to find solutions for nearly every situation. So I will stay with these old games. If Sims 4 will become a nice game (and that is not impossible) - then there is time enough to buy it later on.

At least I have to admit: currently there is one game I am waiting for - GTA V for PC... :D

GTA V: Now there is a game EA can look to as a shining beacon of what they should aspire to. Rockstar delayed it so it would be amazing, and it truly was. And so were the sales.
Locked thread
Page 46 of 920