Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fewer Stalkbys | Impatient Stalkbys

by plasticbox Posted 4th Oct 2014 at 12:11 AM - Updated 31st Jul 2015 at 4:09 PM by plasticbox

97 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 62 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 12:56 PM
OK, thanks for testing!

BTW I have a feeling (but haven't seen anything about that in the code yet) that visits from romantic relationships are different/independent from regular visitors. I did some playtesting of something else yesterday, and grabbed a sim for that who had four or five "lovebirds" for whatever reason -- those were dropping by all the time. No other visits though, from neighbours or friends I mean.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
OK, thanks for testing!

BTW I have a feeling (but haven't seen anything about that in the code yet) that visits from romantic relationships are different/independent from regular visitors. I did some playtesting of something else yesterday, and grabbed a sim for that who had four or five "lovebirds" for whatever reason -- those were dropping by all the time. No other visits though, from neighbours or friends I mean.

I don't think that's the issue here. Initially when I was getting a visit every day it was my sims romantic interest but where I am now they are married and the visitor spam is coming from my main sims parents. It could be something to do with the fact that they are old and the game might be pushing them to visit before they pass away but that's the best guess I can come up with.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 6:20 PM
Thanks, I was really tired of all those daily stalkers.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 9:10 PM
Just some more feedback I think it did have something to do with the parents being close to passing because since they died the visits all together have gone back to how they initially were with the mod with people only showing up every once and a while.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 12:55 AM
That is good to know, thank you!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 2:02 AM
I really need this! I have 4 Gf's in this game and whenever I WooHoo one, The other one is outside my effin Door! yeah it's awkward.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 2:44 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 5:07 PM
You are an awesome person. Thank you so much for this fix - my first sim constantly has NYC-level pedestrian traffic!
Question: you said it reduces the wait time from 60 to 20 minutes... does that mean they will leave after 20 seconds if no one answers?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SecretSelf
Question: you said it reduces the wait time from 60 to 20 minutes... does that mean they will leave after 20 seconds if no one answers?

It's set to 20 in-game minutes. I don't know how many real seconds that is.

Test Subject
#60 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 3:56 PM
This looks awesome and I would love to add it to my game but it doesn't say if it works with the latest patch (11/25/2014 - Version 1.2.24.20) ?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 10:43 PM
Far as I'm aware, that patch was mainly bugfixes, so there wouldn't be a reason for this not to work. Since the next patch is due this week, I'm probably not going to doublecheck before that.

(Even if they'd make changes about walkbys -- say introduce a new walkby type -- the only consequence when this isn't updated would be that this type would never appear. The walkbys aren't a necessity for the game to function, and since they're designed to be random, hard to imagine Maxis would introduce a new thing that relies upon them following their default schedule.)

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 12:20 AM
Great!! Thank you. :)
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 4:23 AM
hello man i think that mods are not working any more at last at my game, currently the guy are standing in my door for the old 1 hour + and i noticed again the stalker start too come too much to my house, then i thing this mod need a update.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#64 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 2:06 PM
C'est Mods ont besoin d'une mise à jours depuis la dernière mise à jours du jeu ^^ . Merci d'avance
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 3:02 PM
@RuneVe can you post in English please? From what I understand "mise à jour" means update -- please see the upload post, "Compatibility" if you need information about game versions and such.

Lab Assistant
#66 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 9:06 PM
@RuneVe can you post in English please? From what I understand "mise à jour" means update -- please see the upload post, "Compatibility" if you need information about game versions and such.

Does this mod need to be updated for the 16 December patch?
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 10:45 PM
currently looks like only the impatient is proper working, i'm still experiencing a lot of "stalkers' come to my house and the some person come over, over and over, maybe can be good do another check or update.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#68 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 4:37 PM
Please see the first post, "Compatibility": I already checked; there are no code changes.

See also other comments abovethreads: The game has different kinds of visitors, not only walkbys. Romantic relationships for instance can visit your sims independently from walkbys; those are not the subject of this mod.

Lab Assistant
#69 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 12:25 AM
Please see the first post, "Compatibility": I already checked; there are no code changes.

See also other comments abovethreads: The game has different kinds of visitors, not only walkbys. Romantic relationships for instance can visit your sims independently from walkbys; those are not the subject of this mod.

hmm yeah i know i dont have too much problem with my lover come every day, but even just friends also are comming too much, i have a teen girl which is friend of my teen sim male they are just friends(at last i just want that) and since her friendship bar rised to 50+ she started to come more and more often and more than one time per day, more low friendship come less but friends which you have 50+ friendship start to come more often,
one exemple
during my game play in one day i was playing with the teen guy family, was a weekend, then his girlfriend come then i fine accept her, then come a friend, i accepted, then come other and other when i see was more like a party, then i decided make a party just for fun, then next day the same circle happened, my girlfriend then a friend, another friend and bla bla bla, then during the week normally my girlfriend come and one or 2 random sims which i have friendship high or some random times come a low too, ad the problem is when i send then away one of then come back over and over, well maybe can be my game since december patch my game is nearly unplayble, i have the bartender bug, families get broken, everyone appear outside house and many others annoying bugs, anyway thanks for the support i will try to wait another patch come with the fixes i'm waiting, cuz currently is impossible for me to play the game too much bugs =/.

anyway could be interesting if you can improve your mod to prevent the same person come over and over if you send him away, which aways happened with me, even with this mod, the most high standart friendship i had aways have a high chance to come back when the game decide send someone to my house, instead to try to send a different sim, this sometimes is really annoying, i dont have problem with peoples come sometimes but when is the same person which i dont want to see again so soon.

really thanks.
Test Subject
#70 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellessarr
currently looks like only the impatient is proper working, i'm still experiencing a lot of "stalkers' come to my house and the some person come over, over and over, maybe can be good do another check or update.

Don't want to seem ungrateful, since I really do appreciate your hard work and generosity in sharing, but it's never worked quite right for me. The number of stalkers hasn't seemed to change, it's completely out of control and one of them like ellessarr's comes by numerous times each day. The impatient thing is useful -- at least they go away, but my persistent stalker comes right back again and again. There are no romantic interests in the stalker community, they are all just friends (some not much more than acquaintances.) My household is a married couple who have been faithful since they were created.
Test Subject
#71 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 6:35 PM
Needs an update, impatient mod still works, but the same people still come to visit many times a day
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 7:59 PM
There is nothing to update -- the only differences between the code in 1.4.83 and the last version I have from ages ago are that Maxis have added mailman walkby situations to the mix at some point, and four areas (Walkby_GardenDistrict_GardenWard_OpenStreet, Walkby_DesertOasis_SkywardPalms_OpenStreet, Walkby_DesertOasis_CactusBeach_OpenStreet and Walkby_GardenDistrict_GardenCommunity_OpenStreet) have less differentiation between days of the week now. That's it. No new files or anything.

Like I said a couple of times before: it's totally possible that new sources of visitors have been added, but you would need to look elsewhere for those -- this mod is specifically about walkbys, not other visitors.

Test Subject
#73 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 4:02 AM
Just felt I should let the developer of this mod know, this mod doesn't work with the 3-26 patch. It was making it so nobody ever came to the neighborhood I was in. Thanks.
Test Subject
#74 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SaveOurSovereignty
... It was making it so nobody ever came to the neighborhood I was in. ...

Yep - After the basement update, Fewer Stalkbys becomes Zero Stalkbys. It works a little too well. I had no one walking the streets at all for a sim week. It was a little eerie.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 12:35 PM
I know, thank you -- update is in the works, I just need to test it.

Page 3 of 4