Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 3:16 PM
Default Jake Gyllenhaal - WIP
Hey guys, it's been a long time since i posted something on CFB. Since 2008 when my friend introduced me to MTS and I saw those talented creators jameLia, @Stefan and SeluXereZ I had the passion to create face masks/ skins like them, but unfortunately face masks in the sims 3 wasn't successful as in the sims 2. When the sims 4 came out I saw Cleos Britney Spears , I contacted her and she helped me to finally create one.

Last week I started working on Jake's face mask. I wanna know your opinion on his face mask quality cause I'm not the best Photoshoper, also his face proportions and how to improve his look. Here are some pics.
(The whole face mask is based on this picture of Jake)

I would appreciate any help that you can provide, Thanks
Screenshots

Knight Of The Moon
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 1:45 AM
Amazing! I would only suggest rotating his eyes to be slightly less slanted and to move his upper eyelids apart just a tad!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 2:28 AM
I would also move his pupil up a bit, or the upper eyelid down a bit
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 1:54 PM
@mickeymouse254: Thanks for your help, here are the changed that i did,

Face:
- I brought his upper eyelid a bit down and decreased the width of his eyes
- Rotated his eyes a bit, brought his lower eye lid down and his eyes apart
- Fixed his nose, lower lip, eyebrows
- Brought his mandible and chin up

Face mask:
- Removed the pores
- Changed the texture of his eyebrows, nose, mustache and mouth corners

Screenshots

Knight Of The Moon
Instructor
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 2:18 PM
Wow....the resemblance is amazing.
The face mask is much better now. The facesculpt changes are great - especially the nose.
I never played sims 4 so I dont know the cas limits but can you make the eyes little bit smaller?

But seriously...even if you leave it just like this - it is already amazing.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 5:06 PM Last edited by Lunararc : 22nd Jan 2015 at 5:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Crowkeeper
Wow....the resemblance is amazing.
The face mask is much better now. The facesculpt changes are great - especially the nose.
I never played sims 4 so I dont know the cas limits but can you make the eyes little bit smaller?

But seriously...even if you leave it just like this - it is already amazing.

@Crowkeeper: Thanks Crow, I missed a lot of facial sliders that i used to have in the sims 3 but it's a good start for the base game. I manged to decrease his eyes size, edit his inner part of upper eye lid, changed the texture of the middle part of upper lip, removed the shine on the nasal ridge and i brought his eyes upward without changing his brows position.

Screenshots

Knight Of The Moon
Instructor
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 10:31 PM
I think that the eyes are perfect now! You edited the shape of the eyes really nicely. It is such a small change but it made him look very different up to me. Now he has the right "sad" look - Great job!
He looks so realistic that it is scary:D

I am sorry but I cant see anything more to change.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 1:43 AM
I just think his pupil needs to be closer to his upper eyelid, and his eyebrows maybe a bit lower/less arched. This will give him the famous puppy dog look. Other than that I think he's good to go.

EDIT: a minor thing, but I would work around to make his mouth more of a straight line. You can play around with the premade mouths or just toy around moving the lower jaw around to give him a slight over/under bite to achieve the straight line mouth, if that makes sense

Also this is perfect, I can pair him with my Taylor Swift sim I uploaded a bit ago and they can have little object babies
Inventor
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 3:39 PM
It's amazing how far simming has come! This sim looks almost creepily perfect. I really have nothing to add, besides the fact that you've done a heck of a job with him
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 3:42 AM
@Crowkeeper, @mickeymouse254 and @malfoya

Thank you all, couldn't have done it without your help

Final changes:
- I brought his eyes a bit closer, his eyebrows lower and I increased the thickness of the brows texture
- I failed to change his mouth texture to a straight line
- I added skin, body hair (edited from the sims 3), ears and blend them to match the face mask

Screenshots

Knight Of The Moon
Forum Resident
#11 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 4:20 AM Last edited by mickeymouse254 : 24th Jan 2015 at 4:45 AM.
Goddammit this man is so attractive.

Anyways! I think he's just about complete. You have really put in a lot of work into him and its paid off, he looks top notch! Usually it takes a few years after a sims game release for the celebs to start looking this good!

The only thing I can think of is to angle the mouth in the detail mode of CAS to be angled down a tad, he still looks just a tad smiley
Instructor
#12 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 9:37 AM
absolutely perfect!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 6:21 AM
Lunararc: Just a small thing. Are you going to put his moles on the face? Otherwise, an uncanny likeness. Kinda makes us plebs who can't make face masks want to cry.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Audrey
Lunararc: Just a small thing. Are you going to put his moles on the face? Otherwise, an uncanny likeness. Kinda makes us plebs who can't make face masks want to cry.

@Audrey: You never fail to impress me with your well made celebrities in the Sims 3 with the least amount of CC, so you don't need to create a face mask to improve the look of a celebrity

Knight Of The Moon
Test Subject
#15 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 5:15 PM
WOW!!! I really like to make sims and that's amazing!!
I could try to do Dean Winchester, from Supernatural.
Cangrts for the great job.
Test Subject
#16 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 1:08 AM
This looks amazing. The only comment I would have made was something you fixed in the final version, which was to make the rest of his skin match his face mask. Amazing job!
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#17 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 1:50 AM
Locking this, as the last post made by the OP was nine months ago. Lunararc, if you'd like the thread reopened, just send me a PM.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Locked thread