Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 Package Conflict Detector - WINDOWS ONLY

by scumbumbo Posted 13th Feb 2016 at 6:05 AM - Updated 11th Dec 2017 at 11:39 PM by scumbumbo : Update Version 1.3.0

181 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 109 Feedback Posts, 71 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 8
Instructor
THANKS POST
#76 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 6:53 PM
Amazing program a life saver, thank you so very very very much!!!!!!
Test Subject
#77 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 12:16 AM
I may be being completely obtuse here, in which case I apologize deeply for wasting your time, but I'm not sure what this mod is trying to tell me. After running it I was surprised to see a lot of conflicts, and most of them were by modders who I know do quality work. But a lot of the custom foods show, as well as all of my blinds, plasticboxs' citizens door and your own medicine cabinet amongst them. They all still appear in build mode and I used them all on a single huge wall to test - they all work! Can you clarify please, or are these mods bugging my game in some other less obvious way?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 12:43 AM
I can't seem to get past install! I have it on my desktop and in the unpackmods folder. Please help
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 1:20 AM
This is great! Thanks!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#80 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 4:23 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 21st Feb 2016 at 4:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Walker28361
I may be being completely obtuse here, in which case I apologize deeply for wasting your time, but I'm not sure what this mod is trying to tell me. After running it I was surprised to see a lot of conflicts, and most of them were by modders who I know do quality work. But a lot of the custom foods show, as well as all of my blinds, plasticboxs' citizens door and your own medicine cabinet amongst them. They all still appear in build mode and I used them all on a single huge wall to test - they all work! Can you clarify please, or are these mods bugging my game in some other less obvious way?

This has been re-hashed a couple of times now: if you have questions on the content of any CC package, go where you downloaded it and ask the creator. Or of course, open the packages and take a look yourself -- rightclick > Open in s4pe.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#81 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 1:03 PM
[ QUOTE=BrownButterfly]I can't seem to get past install! I have it on my desktop and in the unpackmods folder. Please help[/QUOTE]

While I really love this mod it is not compatible with my computer . I tried placing in my mod folder, unpackedmods folder, and the desktop and all is does is cycle install steps over and over. I have windows 10 64 bit. Thank you for this creation. I would love to be able to use it. I try not to have too much cc in my game but this could really help me narrow down what needs to be removed. Thanks again your awesome.

Butterflies make me happy
Test Subject
#82 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 1:24 PM Last edited by cocolawson1989 : 21st Feb 2016 at 1:49 PM. Reason: would help if I actually added what I was an intermediate user in haha (grammatical error)
Version for Apple Macintosh (MAC) Users
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Sorry, I have no idea how to make .Net code work on a Mac.
The source code is available though, so if someone else knows how to do so that is a possibility, and I would be glad to assist them if I can.

I would also love a version for MAC, I have so many issues sometimes I’m so sure it’s just conflicts and to go through them manually = hell haha which is what drew me to this. If anyone knows how to create this I’d love it. I’ve downloaded the source code anyways and am playing around w/ it now but I’m more intermediate user in Visual Studio than advanced so don’t know how I’ll go
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 10:04 PM
This is awesome my game dosent crash any more
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 10:08 PM
You rock -- as always!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#85 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 7:46 AM Last edited by Blackgryffin : 23rd Feb 2016 at 11:34 AM.
GREAT job ! thanks for this precious tool ! But you should insist more on the work in progress state of the tool

Gosh ... with some late ... I see on your example that some packages of mine are duplicates :/ Going to correct them. Edit : Aaah, in fact it was already corrected ^_^

- - - - - - - - - -

I can see the terrain replacements are flagged as conflicting but I'm not surprised since they are replacement of original files ... That's a bit ( a lot ) embarrassing since they have been done with sims4pe. It's true that some of them are doubled or tripled since EA itself uses the same ressource for some different files ( such as grass or ground ) ... Well, at the end, how a CC user is going to do the difference between real conflicted ressource and some replacement files ? :/ Anyway, I'm not the best speaker about this : I never have tons of CC at the same time :D
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#86 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 11:44 AM
Two different overrides of the same thing would most certainly be conflicting if that is what you mean. The examples in the upload post (all those sofas) look like different overrides for the same items to me (guessing from the file names), is that not what they are? People can only use one override for the XY Maxis sofa at the same time, and this tool helps them to find if they have accidentially installed two or more.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Deceased
Original Poster
#87 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BrownButterfly
While I really love this mod it is not compatible with my computer . I tried placing in my mod folder, unpackedmods folder, and the desktop and all is does is cycle install steps over and over.

This isn't really a mod, it's a separate program from the game, you wouldn't want to put it in your mods or unpackedmods folders. It sounsd like you're using the MSI Installer version, so you would just download, double-click to start the installer, and once that's done you'll find it in your Start menu and can run it from there.
Test Subject
#88 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
This isn't really a mod, it's a separate program from the game, you wouldn't want to put it in your mods or unpackedmods folders. It sounsd like you're using the MSI Installer version, so you would just download, double-click to start the installer, and once that's done you'll find it in your Start menu and can run it from there.

Thank you so much..... ......you are the Mayor of Awesome It working happy dance.

Butterflies make me happy
Instructor
#89 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 10:02 AM
Quote:
plasticbox : Two different overrides of the same thing would most certainly be conflicting if that is what you mean. The examples in the upload post (all those sofas) look like different overrides for the same items to me (guessing from the file names), is that not what they are? People can only use one override for the XY Maxis sofa at the same time, and this tool helps them to find if they have accidentially installed two or more.

I see your point. Indeed, in the case of terrains replacement, it is the way I divided the packages which point to some duplicates. Thanks for your answer. It clarifies everything. This program is going to be a very handy tool !

I make sims worlds ... can you believe it ?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#90 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 2:57 AM
Thanks for updating this and for all your work.
Test Subject
#91 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 5:22 AM
Thank Youuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deceased
Original Poster
#92 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 8:33 AM
Version 1.1.2 is now available with the previously discussed UI changes...
  • Combined duplicates and conflicts into a single tab view with conflicts in red.
  • Type names and hover tooltip descriptions added.
  • Double-clicking a package name will open a package with the Windows default program for packages.
  • Link to S4PE download location added.
  • "Version" numbers added for By Resource ID view - identical numbers indicate identical resources (just because there is a conflict does not necessarily mean ALL resources are different, some may be duplicates).
Deceased
Original Poster
#93 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 8:39 AM Last edited by scumbumbo : 27th Feb 2016 at 8:42 AM. Reason: Changed screenshot used - clearer
Until I get around to rewriting the usage text, this screenshot should indicate what the "Version" numbers do. In this example, I just made a complete copy of one of the files that indicated a conflict - so there are three copies of the same resource, but two of those are actually identical and these have the same version number (2). This should make investigating these kinds of issues - which shouldn't be frequent but will occur - without having to reference back and forth between the "By File" and "By Resource" tabs.
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 2:10 AM
excelente aporte gracias por el trabajo de actualizacion
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 10:13 PM
Wow, this is great!! Thank you for making this (:

"4209 possibly conflicting" ...welp, time to go fix some things.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 5:07 AM
I Love It! I Love It!i Love It!i Love It! Thank Yoooooooou
Field Researcher
#97 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 3:29 PM
Excellent utility, but I find with the latest update that the conflicts tab is gone as well as a couple of others.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#98 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 3:57 PM
That change was explained two posts above.

Field Researcher
#99 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
That change was explained two posts above.

Thanks plastic box. Not meaning to offend as I think this is a great utility, but mentioning the changes on the opening page would good as that's what I always read, reading through a long comments stream I always miss something.
P.s.I personally think the seprate conflicts and duplicate tab was a clearer read, but again thanks for the great upload, I found a lot of conflicts!
Test Subject
#100 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 11:58 AM
Hi, where can I find the older version 1.0? Sometimes improvements are changes for the worse... I prefer separate tabs for conflicts and duplicates because this is more meaningful than the current version. Thanks!
Page 4 of 8